furry arts discussion > fursuits, plushies, and costuming

Duct Tape Dummies

(1/2) > >>

BabyTiger:
I thought I would post this for fun and for those new to the Fursuit Creation team! If anyone has trouble making a 1 piece fursuit A great suggestion is to create a duct tape dummy. I have one of myself and well Its alot of fun making it, and it also had the right dimentions of my body, so I can build right on it.

Its really easy and Cheap to make! Mine only cost 10$ to do. All you need is Saran wrap, Duct tape, and a pair of scissors Ohh... and an extra set of paws!

All you need to do is wrap yerself in the Saran wrap, head to toe, then wrap yerself up in Duct tape, Cut along the sides of your body, careful notto cut yerself, and you got a nice manican to build on! I have photos of my dummy and the process, i just got to get them developed. But when I do I will post a link to em

Firestorm Six:
*HeHeHe* ... A very neat idea !.... You should sent that info to Red-Green.com ! ...Red would surly love the idea ! he lives by duct tape, (so do i somtimes, it's great for all kinds of fixing)  
                                  Firestorm...*

FlareWolf:
Just one piece of advice: don't do that with your parents, unless they're ready to take your directives and not their initiative.

My father had me stand on a stool in order to have less trouble taping my legs.  I *did* tell both I needed someone to keep a hold of myself so I wouldn't fall.  Really, with the legs getting done, you start losing your capacity for balance.  When she saw my father bending himself too far down, my mom let go of me and helped my father tape my legs.  Dammit!  I struggled with all my might to keep myself from being pulled in by gravity!

Trust me, have someone who can bend down, and catch you on the way down to help you out with your duct tape dummy.  My parents aren't too old, but I'd crush my mom under my weight.  And my father has all those 'brilliant' ideas without thinking of the possible risks.  Especially for my health.

BabyTiger:
hmm.. that is a good Idea,  My legs were done while i was sitting in a chair. Found it alot easier then trying to stand and do it.

Chaz_wolf:
Thanks for this great idea,
I tried it out and found it works alot better than I anticpated.
Also aloud me to get a better fit and more realistic body than I had before using normal pattens.

Thank you for this help

Chaz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version