not-so-furry discussion > debate forum

Is there life after death?

(1/18) > >>

WhiteShepherd:
It's hard for me to take a side on this one.  For myself I KNOW that ghost phenomena is real.  There are enough documented video/audio recordings in my opinion to prove it exists without a doubt.  But the debate is WHAT is a ghost?  Myself I am on the fence on wether it is the leftover conscious of whoever passed or perhaps a new life form that can pick up others emotions/thoughts?  What are others opinions?

Kay Alett:
It's hard to really speak on this without voicing my personal beliefs.

I'll say this as a start: The laws of thermodynamics and physics teach us that all matter is made of energy and energy cannot be created or destroyed, mearly changed. Is there life after death? You must find out what life is in your own eyes first.
I know that there is existence beyond death, but existing and living are two different things.

In light of the scientific evidence I choose to believe that there is life after death, and since energy is always changing and moving from one form or another, I  also choose to believe in reincarnation.

Alexandre:
Personally, I think life after death exists.  I also believe in reincarnation, simply because it makes the most logical sense to me (and because it appeals a lot to me).

As for ghosts, I understand that some people see them.  I never have, mind you, but I'm prone to believe that they exist.  If reincarnation is real, there would be time between death and the spirit (or whatever you call it) to enter another body.  I think it's possible for this energy, this force, or this actual spirit (whatever it is) to hang around for a bit.  Again, I'm not sure of this, but that's what makes sense to me.

Narei Mooncatt:
I lean more towards no, that once we pass, we just simply cease. I'm not religious, so I don't really believe in a soul that could remain as a conciousness after we pass on. If you think about it, our conciousness isn't anything more than a bunch of neural pathways firing off analogous to a computer's CPU. Once they stop firing, I think we're just.... blank. Is there a higher power? I think it's one of those things that can't ever be proven unless him/her/them appear in front of us and prove it beyond doubt. This could not only mean a god, but also space aliens (I think that it's a bit arrogant to think we're the only planet in the entire universe and space that has life still).

Kobuk:
No offense to WS, but I kinda wish this topic was never posted. I happen to be afraid of death and dying.  x_x There have been times in the past where I've had panic attacks and/or nightmares just "thinking" about such things.

*exits stage right out of this topic* -------->

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version