Author Topic: Jet's Short Story Challenge!  (Read 13604 times)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
Re: Jet's Short Story Challenge!
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
-Meat-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:07:28 pm by Hiiro »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »
@Hiiro: I think you have your story in the wrong thread. This is Jet's thread where members give him a word, then Jet writes a story involving that word. ;)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »
-Hiiro forgot to read the full description apparently.-

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2012, 12:34:54 pm »
Nice job on "Fodder" Jet..

How about "Meteor"   :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »
Loved prototype jet!
There's something about your writing style, something different, something special. It stands out somehow but I can't quite put my paw on it....
Detailed? Maybe that's it. Like comparing a painting to a photo, one has a bit more clarity if you know what I mean.

"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »
I think I know what you mean Paws. I try to add as much details as possible. I feel it adds to the story, although others have told me details tend to take from the main idea of the story. There's a happy median somewhere I guess. :P

So sorry there hasnt been much if any stories coming out lately, I am in my first week of school right now and have a lot of reading to do for my drivers written test on Friday, so I don't have much free time right now. After August I hope I can start up again though. :)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:02 pm »
what can you do with the word "life"

Offline typingwithpaws

• Male
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2012, 08:38:20 am »
good luck with your test Jet!

i know the feeling, school holidays over. sudden work load. getting back into the rhythm of things.  :o

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 11:31:57 pm »
So I shall give you another word...I liked that story for Furtopia...so my next word is: Love.  It might seem like a generic word, but I'm eager to see what you'll do with it...
*fights off giant cockroaches and evil dust bunnies of death* Woah! :o It's not been as long as I feel it has been...has it? Sorry guys, life kinda drowned me for a while there. MAN! It feels amazing to write again.  :) Oh, how I've missed you writing thread. Hopefully I won't be absent for this long ever again.

So, I saw Mylo's word "Love" just a few days ago and my mind jumped immediately to this short comic strip I read a week ago. Coincidentally, Mylo just did a comic thing for his short story challenge. Not motivated enough to draw recently for some reason, so I just decided to write instead and have the picture to accompany it. So I put a link at the bottom so you can view it after reading the passage. Yes, read first, then go to the link and see the image, this way you dont spoil the story by seeing the image by accident first. (:

---A Master’s Flight---

The door was left slightly ajar. No light came from the room. No noise had drifted its way from the empty bed. The dog sitting in the next room had no feasible motive to rise from its late afternoon slumber and ponderously venture towards his master’s den. The door, left open as stated before, provided only a small barrier to the curious animal. Upon discovering his master, the dog was overjoyed. Recurrences of belly rubs and long hugs sped through the dog’s simple mind. The obedient creature swiftly moved to the space near his master’s feet. The rapid displacement of the thick air sent small tornadoes of dust into the emptiness beyond the two sole inhabitants of this residence.

“Hi master! You’re trying to fly again?” yelped the excited dog. The master had attempted this many times prior to this night. He always failed due to either fear of falling or lack of commitment, arguably the same stimuli. Upon this failure, the dog was more than accepting of his role as emotional support for his discouraged master. This dog, always supportive of his beloved master’s endeavors, laid near his master’s feet, graciously offering a supportive, “It didn’t work last time, but I think you got it this time. I believe in you.”

The dog, now satisfied he had presented his master with a sufficient boost of confidence, let a lengthy yawn echo along the empty concrete floors. To follow up this yawn, the animal rested his head on the cold ground and said, “I think I’ll nap till you come down,” reassuring his master that his loyal friend would wait for his return.

Slowly, sleep grasped at the dog’s mind. Darkness seemed to close in all around as the night grew older. The door, once left to allow passage, was pushed shut by the air moving away from the two friends in the empty room. Moving to a more comfortable position, and smiling at the thought of his master returning gratified of his success at flight, the dog whispered his final words before slipping into his dreams. “Night, master. Love you.”

Picture - http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8865955/

Sorry it's not a "happy" story for Love, but then again, have I yet written a "happy" story? I like it, though, tell me what you think. My next word is...I think..vanish? I will have to check to make sure, my que has piled up some. (unlike Mylo's :P ) It's good to be back. 8)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Amy

• A transsexual kitty ^-^
  • Female
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 11:51:07 pm »
Aw... That's so sad D:
(the first one)
Skype- amyandrews27

Furry Code

Offline Mylo

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 04:42:15 pm »
I was very surprised and shocked after reading the story and then looking at the comic.  In fact, I had to read the story again...I thought I had missed some details or hadn't read it in depth enough.  It's great to see that you have time to continue this writing thread...keep on going with it.  But this story was so sad...I will give you another word...character.

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »
That was a really good story for love, but i didnt realize that until i saw the picture, i thought it was an actual happy story. Good job though, i can see some really great improvement on this thread!
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline typingwithpaws

• Male
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2012, 06:40:56 am »
good read! sad while happy at the doggies positive mindset  ;)

Offline angelhearty14

• I go by Snow.
  • Female
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 06:10:28 pm »
i choose the word "welcome" AND GO! :orfox:
Rawr! I may or may not steal your cookies...or just poke you with a spoon and run.