Author Topic: Drake's Stories  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
Drake's Stories
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:49 pm »
I've seen a few brave furs throw there lives out there to be poked at with a stick, and figured I'd give it a shot. If you read what I have to say, you could learn a lot about me... or nothing, depending on how good you are at riddles. Regardless, I am throwing out every aspect of my life, in a roundabout way. Feel free to ask any questions, and poke around at my guts. I really don't mind... :D This is meant as a way for people to learn more about me, so if there's anything you ever want to know, don't hesitate to ask.
Also, you can critique me if you want, but I warn you, it probably won't do any good.

So, One of my hobbies is to write short stories. I'll warn you know, they aren't very good, and I don't put as much effort into them as I probably should. I probably screw up tenses, make gramatical errors, and all sorts of other terrible things. But, these are meant as a sort of journal, and a way for me to express my feelings, rather then actual good writing.... Whenever I try to write well, it usually isn't to bad, but I never get very far before I give up :l
So, rather then trying to write novels, I've started writing short stories.
These stories are very special to me, despite the lack of goodness within them. I take relations that I have with people (furry or otherwise) and put them into my analogy world, then write about our relation. I change the persons name to protect their privacy, and everything is within an analogy... Some more then others, but I don't think any of them actually mean what's written. See, my mind is great with analogies. I made a whole world and backstory that has to do with my past, only in a cooler way that I wish my life was really like xD and most everyone I know fits into it.
So, you can take this as a riddle, try to guess at Drake's true feelings, or you can read them for the stories that they are, which are hopefully mildly entertaining. If you read carefully, you might even find my story of you. (assuming there's one to tell) :D

Anyways, Whether you read them or not, I'm going to start sharing my stories. If your really good, you could learn a lot about me. We'll see.
(note: These are in no particular order, though I do have a chronological one. You may have to be confused about some things if I give you a story at the wrong time... Sorry)
(note 2: Also, the planet and things on it have names and stories of there own. I may post describing them, or you may have to glean what you can off of the stories... Again, sorry)

I'll post my first one here in a minute.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
Re: Drake's Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »
(important edit) It should be known that the family in my world is not my actual family, but an analogy of something else. My RL family is very nice, and not at all the evil described here.

Story 1.
Drake and the first good influence:

It is usually assumed that Drake was naturally kindhearted. In fact, very early in his life, several things caused him to develop the attitude that he did. One of these came in an unforgettable way.
Drake was not meant to be raised by the Anthro-Dragons, though he was their child. His parents had invested themselves in his older brother, who was much more "dragony" then himself. When Drake was born, with his lack of dragon characteristics, his parents secreted him away, to try and hide their shame.
They left his care to their servants. In particular, a Lizard family, who had a child just a week before Drake was born. Drake and this lizard, Dex, shared a striking resemblance, despite their different races. Dex was a bright hue of red unique to lizardfolk, who tend to be darker greens or browns. Though his scales didn't shine quite so bright as Drake's they were comparable. Drake very much resembled a lizard, having none of the characteristics of his family. He was without horns or wings, had no spines running down his back, or any other protrusions to speak of. Other then his long ears, he resembled a lizard.

Drake and Dex grew up the best of friends. Neither fit in so well, due to their odd features and uncanny way of thinking, but both were perfectly fine only having each other. They spent many great years together, forming a seemingly unbreakable friendship, and never once worrying about being like anyone else. However, upon his eighth birthday, rumors started circulating about Drake's true identity. Despite their disinterest in him for so many years, Drake's family took him back to their keep a prisoner, in order to stifle the rumors that a "pureblooded" anthro-dragon was being raised by commonfolk. Drake was ripped away from what he considered his family, and forced to live among the ruthless dragons that were his kin. He was treated as a lesser, and constantly held in disdain. His family worked to root out all the good in him, and replace it with their hatred.
Drake promised himself that Dex would always be his best friend, and didn't reach out to anyone for friendship. He was made to act merciless and cruel, and slowly, his mind was assimilated into it. While he made "friends", he never opened up to them, and masked his pain behind laughter and goofiness. He managed a life, but the only thing left in his heart, the only part his parents couldn't turn to their own devices, was the compassion he had for his best friend, Dex.
When they grew older, Drake and Dex were able to find moments, and occasionally even days, to see each other. Drake found various ways to get away from his family, and find Dex for a few precious moments. At first they were both ecstatic, but it became apparent that Dex was not as committed as Drake was. While they were still great friends, Dex had moved on, and formed new relationships. Drake, on the other hand, had great difficulty trying to be friendly towards others, and did not bond well. Dex missed many opportunities to see Drake, and would often put his other friends first.
Drake learned a few important things. He learned the pain of disappointment, and that you don't always get back what you put in. He accepted that, and another lesson, something he learned about himself. Drake learned that the attitudes and actions of others had no effect on his own resolve. He learned that, while Dex wouldn't always consider Drake a top priority, Drake would always consider Dex his very best friend. So it was with every decision Drake made. He would not be swayed, and nothing every stopped him from believing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:06:32 pm by Drake Fireborne »
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:44:14 am »
So, I'll do this in as chronological an order as I can manage, but I may mess that up, depending on when I write particular stories. This one is quite a leap in the future from the last, but I don't know if there will be any in between... really wasn't much of interest... We'll see.

(edit) I realize this story is rather short, and quite a few of these will be. I'm afraid that's just the way it is :l There's a lot more in my mind, but I only write so much of it down... sorry

Story 2.
Drake and the man to help:

Drake was taught the bloodthirsty ways of his family for most of his life. His good nature kept him from totally falling to his base instincts, however, he often lost control to them. One day, just before going into one of his rages, he witnessed a wolf slave rebelling against his captors. Drake immediately felt compassion for the creature, and helped him to escape. Drake brought the crippled slave to a secret place, and cared for him in any way possible.
Drake found control over his anger while helping his new friend, Constantine. While helping him, Drake learned that caring is much more powerful then hatred.However, as long as Constantine was in this place, he would not truly be free. The threat of being found was constant, and though Drake knew that his friend would have to leave, he somewhat selfishly urged him to stay for as long as possible.
Constantine eventually decided that he'd had enough, and escaped in the night, seeking freedom. He left a message for Drake though, that in a few years he'd search for Drake and, if Drake could escape, the friendship they enjoyed could be rekindled. Drake was worried. He could control his anger with Constantine's help, but without that good influence, he might fail again. Drake made a promise to himself and Constantine, that that he would prove himself, and find a way to reunite, and help, his friend.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:46:21 am by Drake Fireborne »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:46:53 am »
Looking forward to more of your stories.

A bit of evil makes a good story. :orbunny:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:50:38 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:21 am »
Glad your liking them. I'll try to make the new ones I write a bit longer, and more in depth... Maybe there could be a good story out of this yet xD

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:32:44 am »
I'd like to read more of your stories :) I don't really see many dragon stories, this story be very interesting :3 And it would be very nice to see them a bit more in depth, as you said you would do in your previous comment. Anyway, nice job and pweez continue :D
I just got mai computer fixed!! :D :3
Surrender the peanuts!
ScourgeFur on DeviantArt! :D
:goldlaugh:

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:24:44 am »
RIGHT! I had one in between the last two, chronologically, that I just wrote recently. It's longer, but probably still not well written. I'm not doing this for the bookness itself, so you'll simply have to bear with me on that.

Drake and the help he might have gotten:

Drake, when he was brought back to his family, was put through rigorous training, as was traditional for his family. As his brother was already being trained by the official mentor, and didn't want to risk any impedance on his learning. Drake was shunted off to special forces training, to be part of a pack, along with all of the other animals with semi noble blood.
   Drake was placed in a pack of 4, his three anthro packmates being Lanor, a cheetah, Zamte, a badger, and Meidrel, an elephant. He developed a unique bond with each of them, but we'll be concentrating on Lanor for the time being. Though the pack had been formed before he was introduced to it, Lanor accepted Drake immediately. Lanor was more gruff then Drake, and didn't mind letting his instincts take control when it came to battle, even at a young age. He was very protective, and a born fighter.
   Lanor wanted to see Drake try harder, and rise to the task that was given them. Drake tried, learned, and grew into his position within the pack, but it was apparent that it wasn't 'him'. Though Drake couldn't find the strength to do what was expected, Lanor kept pushing him, and shouldered the weight of his shortcomings. As a packmate, Lanor was all that Drake could have asked for, but, as he was not happy with himself, Drake always felt lesser around Lanor, and unintentionally held animosity towards him because of it.
   Drake and Miedrel would sometimes take duels to far, and Lanor was almost always the voice of reason, ready to step in when things got out of hand. He was clearly the alpha of the pack, and fit well into the role of leader. He certainly tried to keep the peace. At least, within his squad. When it came time to match up against other packs, or during missions, Lanor would ensure the most efficient use of his packmates, and always knew just how to push Drake over the edge.
   When Drake escaped into the desolate wasteland, Lanor was left one packmate short, and just as much work to do. He was forced to carry much of the slack, and it brought him to the edge, physically and mentally. Missions were that much more deadly, and Lanor almost lost his life a number of times.
   Some years later (I may write stories about individual missions, if I ever write stories simply for the stories. If that does happen, this is basically a summary of the characters), He found himself in a sorry state. He, and his pack, were completing a great many missions for the Fireborne's, but it slowly became clear that their lives were not cared for, rather, they were a means to an end.
   Zamte was the first to realize this, and seek change, and quickly convinced Miedrel of it. Lanor was more stalwart in his 'duty' though, and was not convinced so easily. He did eventually accept it (this would also make a great story) and on there next mission near the border, they went AWOL, and took of into the wasteland. What has become of them remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:01:28 pm by Drake Fireborne »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »
It's always good to build characters and their backgrounds for
your stories.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »
I always enjoy a good story, :)
and am looking forward to the depths of drake's adventures.
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
Here's the latest chronologically

Drake ran to the side of the dingy that fate had placed him on yet again. After letting out his lunch, he stared over the side for a few seconds, closed his eyes, and shuddered. A resounding wet smack broke the still morning air as the first mate slapped him on the back, saying "there there Drake, you'll get your sea legs yet!"
   Looking at the man with as much loathing as he could muster, Drake solemnly replied “The day a Dragon gets his sea legs is the day you, and the rest of the world, loses it’s freedom” Indeed, nothing short of the threat of death had pushed Drake onto that boat. Not his own either, but the death of other creatures drove him to the brink, no small thing to bring a dragon to such an extreme. You see, the red dragons of Trelden performed many dark rituals to protect and harden their scales, to the point of weighing far too much to swim. As if creatures of fire wanted to swim anyways. Water was much too cold for a Dragon to survive in, and the very thought of being in it would cause one to shudder. Something Drake had spent the past week doing, nearly constantly.
   “I will be glad to see land again” He said grimly to the first mate. “Imagine being surrounded by fire, with only a small island to keep you safe, and you’ll have some idea of how I feel. Or, so I’m told.”
   “Yes” The otter replied, “But our world is hardly made up of great lakes of fire. It seems my race won out there. So good luck with the conquest against freedom, my scaley friend. Not much to worry about when a mere puddle will keep the great monsters at bay.”
   “A mere puddle indeed” Drake muttered. “let me know when we see land. I’ll be below, pretending I’m not a few feet from certain death.”
   “Ah” The otter said excitedly “It seems you’ll need none of that” Raising his voice a bit more he exclaimed “Look ahead Captain! Land Ahoy!”
   Peering over the side, Drake took a bit longer in spotting the great mass of land, as slowly but surely, it loomed into view. “Finally!” He nearly shouted, “Hope of freedom from this dreary misery!” Not realising it, he had spoken words with dual meaning. Perhaps, in this new land, he could find hope from the oppression that plagued him so relentlessly in the last.

As they pulled into the dock, Drake could hardly contain himself. The only thing stopping him from jumping to the wooden platform immediately was the dark waters between it and the boat. When safety seemed assured, he leaped across and raced towards shore, turning many heads as he did so. Reaching the shore, despite the wobbly gait caused by time on the water, he lay down on the sand and simply allowed the feeling to sink in. Peering at him, an uncharacteristically gruff ferret said “Ain’t you fishy types supposed to like the water?”
Relief washing over him each moment, Drake couldn’t be bothered to explain his heritage, and simply said “Yes, but it’s been far too long”
After several minutes, Drake got to his feet, and wobbled into town. The reason for his strange movements was clear to this port town, not even a drunk looked quite that out of place. Approaching a tavern, he was disappointed to find them completely booked. They were likewise disappointed to find that he had no interest in their drinks. Realising it was entirely possible that he’d be run out of town in very little time, he decided that before pursuing room and board elsewhere, he ought to find something to make him look a bit more menacing. After all, the last place he lived in was filled with monster. Maybe a weapon would scare some off, and cause less incidents.
Quickly finding the smithy, Drake walked in and approached the wolf at the counter.
“Hello there traveller” The wolf said with a smile, “Looks like you’ve spent some time on the water! The name’s Nazir, what can I do for you?”
“Ah, right. I’m Drake, and yes, far too much boating. Um, I’m looking to obtain a weapon. A big one. Scary looking, if you can manage it.”
“Heh” Nazir chuckled. “A big scary weapon? On a tiny lizard such as yourself? Anyone with two eyes could spot an easy target” He said, walking around the counter and heading to his forge. “Here, maybe we can find something that suits you better.
“Certainly!” Drake exclaimed, “After all, you’re the expert. Just, make sure it’ll keep things at bay” ‘After all’ he thought, ‘I don’t mean to use it. That would hardly solve anything at all’
“Yes, of course.” Nazir assured him. “Do you have any experience wielding a blade? Perhaps something thin, with a clear intent”
Drake stammered for a few moments, not sure how much he could reveal. “Uh, yeah... I-I’ve got experience... With a blade! Ummm... a sharp one?” He tried. It was painfully obvious that his tongue was not a crafty one.
“A sharp blade?” Nazir tried to hide another chuckle. “I should hope so. You wouldn’t get much done with less, now would you?” Pulling several swords from separate racks, he showed each to Drake, and noted the confusion on his face. “What sort of blade do you prefer? Perhaps a Falchion?” He said, brandishing an odd looking, half tilted sword before Drake’s eyes. “No? Maybe a sword breaker to go with it. Or a hook blade, once used by the monks?”
   Confusion written upon his features, Drake paled at the sight of the large weapons, wondering at the strange curves and deadly spikes adorning them. “Right. Maybe something less... Violent?”
   “My dear boy! Violence is the name of the game!” Nazir looked him over. “What sort of weapon are you familiar with?”
   “Well” Drake said, finding some solace in the kind eyes of this man, “to be honest, I never learned swordplay. I was taught with... Daggers” He said, hanging his head.
   “Why didn’t you say so? I’m sure I’ve got something to suit you”
   “Yes but” Drake started. thinking he must be insane, Drake decided to explain more of himself. “I don’t want to hurt anything. I was hoping to... Scare them away. It seems everything wants to take a chunk out of me, and I end up killing them, every time”
   “I see. Not a fan of violence? Well, neither am I” Nazir walked over to Drake, and put a hand on his shoulder. “Why don’t we sit down, you can explain a bit more, and we can decide together what you’ll be needing for a blade”
   “I suppose” Drake said, surprising himself. ‘Well,’ he thought, ‘I did come here hoping for change. Maybe honesty is a good start.’ Seating himself on a bench next to Nazir, he took a moment, then started from the beginning. He spoke a tragic tale of pain and anguish, his words shaking when he spoke of lost friends, and more than a few tears shed over the memories of the things he did, and the things done to him. “Worse than all that, though” He explained towards the end, “Throughout it all, the worst thing of all, is knowing that I’m accomplishing no good. I spend half my time doing terrible things, and the other half hating what I’m doing. I try to stop, I really do. It seems I am simply too weak. I always have been, and I always will be.”
At that, without a moments hesitation, Nazir reached out and embraced Drake. Holding the dragon close, he whispered “Never. You are strong, and you will win this. I have seen it in your words, and it is written upon your features. You will do what it takes, and you will accomplish great things.”
After a long while, Drake broke off the hug. Gazing at the wolf, he took a good long look. Tear stained eyes, the surrounding fur damp because of it. A face filled with love, and compassion, more than he’d ever witnessed before. Here was a man who knew pain, his pain, and knew just how difficult it was to bear. “You really-” Drake choked out, “you really think so?” After a second, he continued, “you really think I can win?”
“Yes” The wolf assured him “You can. You could have, should have already. The power is within you, you just need to learn how to use it.”
   Drake didn’t respond immediately, and Nazir didn’t force him. Sitting there, he thought things over. A great weight had been lifted, just by explaining himself. He felt that he didn’t have to hide from the truth anymore. Not only that, but he felt something that had been lost in years. A glimmer of hope was filling his heart, and he began to feel joy. Yes. He could do some good. No, not even that. He WOULD accomplish some good. There was no more looking back. Now was the time to change, and there would be no greater opportunity. Drying his eyes, he looked at Nazir and asked “What should I do?”
   “You know the answer. You have told me already. You have helped many, though you refused to believe it. However, you also left some who may have needed you. There is no going back, but you must ask their forgiveness. Then, the good inside your heart can fight against the evil, and you can find the way”
   “Yes. Thank you. I will do this, whatever the cost. I will send word to my pack, let them know I’m sorry, and try to get them here. Maybe they will accept me, or maybe I’ve hurt them too much, but I will.” Realising one thing he was missing, Drake said “Umm, this will not be easy though. I cannot go back, and getting them here will not be easy. I will need a place to work, and a place to stay. Not only that, if something were to happen, if I did fail, surely I would be driven out.” Suddenly a crippling feeling overcame him. “I- I wouldn’t be able to... If I was exiled, there’d be no wa-”
   Reaching his arms out yet again, and embracing Drake once more, Nazir said to him “You will find the way, and I will be here to help. There will be no more mistakes, and you will never have this problem again. I will be here, and here you will stay, until we are both ready to leave. You can find room and work here, and when we have done what is required, we can go wherever we are needed next”
   Overwhelmed, Drake returned that hug. Truly humbled, he could think of no way to express his gratitude. “How can I ever repay you, when you’ve already done so much for me?”
   “Brother” Said Nazir, “were it not for you this night, I would be gone. You have no debt to me. Together, we will find our way”

(note, this is not completed. I got it to a good enough point to share what I have, though :D )
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:30:38 am by Drake Fireborne »

Offline Graywolf440

• Male
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 04:36:01 pm »
Nice job Drake. Keep at it :)

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 08:52:54 am »
Thanks. I have another to type up, but I'm so lazy DX Will try to get it up soon

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »
Your doing well. Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com