furry arts discussion > fursuits, plushies, and costuming

Buying fursuits and partials from Etsy?

(1/3) > >>

TheFoxAddict:
The thing is that I'd love to have a partial fursuit of my fursona oneday. But at the same time I'm unsure how I feel about fursuiting, and if it really is me to own one.

Since I don't know how I feel unil I've actually tried it irl, I thought the smartest thing to do might be to get a cheaper starter partial set first. Wouldn't want to waste $2000 on a fursuit when I still need to figure out how I feel about fursuiting. Sure I'd really love to own one, but my doubts have a lot to do with my social anxiety and low self esteem. It kinda keeps me from being brave enough to own one I guess.

Still just having a partial fursuit of my beloved fursona (I'm still working on him though) would have been awesome!

For a starter head or partial set, I've seen some pretty decent and good fursuits on "Etsy". I've found makers who sell custom made fursuits. I'm tempted to buy from Etsy because I like what I've seen there. And I'm only wanting a starter set anyway.

Would you recommend buying from Etsy? If you were in my situation would you also go for a cheaper starter set?

Kobuk:
First, we do have a Fursuiting forum where you can post fursuit topics.
http://forums.furtopia.org/fursuits-and-plushies/
So you can probably ask a Mod to move your topic there as it will fit better. ;)

Second, I know nothing about Etsy as I have never bought anything from that site before. Only advice I can give is to read my Commission tutorial here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/how-to-commission-a-fursuit-version-2-0/
Particuarly Part # 12.

Kobuk:
P.S. -

Are there any other furries that live in your area that you know that might have full or partial fursuits? If so, maybe you could get to know them and ask if you could try on one of their suits just to see how you like wearing a suit and if it would be good for you or not? I did this same exact thing long, long ago for a past friend. He was unsure if he wanted to try fursuiting or not and was unsure about buying a suit. So I let him try on my suit for a bit to see how he'd like it. Didn't take him long to get hooked and I was helping him with colors and designs for his suit. ;)

TheFoxAddict:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on March 27, 2017, 05:08:03 pm ---First, we do have a Fursuiting forum where you can post fursuit topics.
http://forums.furtopia.org/fursuits-and-plushies/
So you can probably ask a Mod to move your topic there as it will fit better. ;)

Second, I know nothing about Etsy as I have never bought anything from that site before. Only advice I can give is to read my Commission tutorial here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/how-to-commission-a-fursuit-version-2-0/
Particuarly Part # 12.

--- End quote ---

Ok I'll get a Mod to move my thread. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I'm new around here  :-[

TheFoxAddict:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on March 27, 2017, 05:14:32 pm ---P.S. -

Are there any other furries that live in your area that you know that might have full or partial fursuits? If so, maybe you could get to know them and ask if you could try on one of their suits just to see how you like wearing a suit and if it would be good for you or not? I did this same exact thing long, long ago for a past friend. He was unsure if he wanted to try fursuiting or not and was unsure about buying a suit. So I let him try on my suit for a bit to see how he'd like it. Didn't take him long to get hooked and I was helping him with colors and designs for his suit. ;)

--- End quote ---

I don't know of anybody. Actually, I guess not having the courage to openly being a fursuiter have confused me into feeling that I don't know how I feel about fursuiting. It's my social anxiety and low self esteem talking. I watch fursuiting videos on youtube all the time! Deep inside I feel it would have been awesome to own a partial fursuit of my fursona. I just don't know if i dare to  x_x

Another obstacle is that I have to deal with my Cronic Fatigue Syndrome diagnosis. It's pretty bad at times so I worry I won't have much energy for fursuiting most of the time. It's one thing after the other  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version