general furry discussion > convention talk

DenFur 2021

(1/2) > >>

Jade Sinapu:
I have obtained a ticket (  I think) and  I booked a room (I think).
I am asking if family can watch my dog for the days of the event, and now I am asking work if I can get the time off.

So if all goes well, I should be able to attend, but will see how things go, especially with work.

So why I bring this up is, the hotel allows for 3 people total in the room so far as I know.  Now, I am a very private person, and do not normally let people into my private goings-on.  But at the steep price I was forced to pay for this event, it seems a bit of a waste just being me.

Is there anyone here who might want to attend, was planning on it, and needs a place to stay? 

I have up till 3 days before the event to cancel, which is the 15th of august to be safe.
The event is Aug 20,21,22, but the room is for Aug 19 (check in at 4pm) ,Aug 20,Aug 21 with checkout on the 22nd at 11am.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Kobuk:
Would love to help you out, but that's kind of short notice and I have other committments this summer. Sorry.

Jade Sinapu:
It is short notice I know...Sorry.
And so far, work has not said yes , so...

Jade Sinapu:
Well, my work place has suddenly decided to strongly encourage me to travel for work during the exact week of the convention, so... that is out.
Now I get to cancel ... everything.
I guess that is what I get for thinking of having any fun whatsoever.

Kobuk:
Sorry to hear you can't go. *hugs*
Yeah, work and bosses suck. I know how it goes from the multiple times I tried to request off for Midwest Furfest, but couldn't go because my employer needed me for the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas rush.  :'( >:(
But at least my requests for Anthrocon were more successful. I usually requested off for that at least 6-8 months in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version