Author Topic: The Earthquake  (Read 898 times)

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
The Earthquake
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:26 pm »
Before you read this story, pleas forgive me my ameturish attempt at writing.  I felt inspired by a fond wish to the end of the events of recent days and came up with my purfect way to end it.  Please enjoy and ignore the errors:

The Earthquake

"Wake up gentle one wake up!" "Why do you wake me master?" yawned Malaki. "I need you to go on a mission of mercy. My children have gotten them selves in deep trouble and I need you and your and sisters to go save them". "I am waking them as well but I need you to go ahead of the others and prepare the way." Malaki sat up and pushed back the fur from his eyes.  His  left ear fluttered when his paw brushed at the hairs at its base. "What has happened?  I have been asleep for a couple thousand years and am not quite done yet." Malaki said.  "It must be pretty serious for you to wake all of us." Indeed it is.  "My childrens' greed has led them to ruin.  An earthquake has struck. Because of greed they did not build their power plants strong enough and now one is failing.  If it fails millions of my children will die horribly."

It is not time for me to judge them yet so I need you to go stop the desaster.  Malaki stood on his hind feet and looked at his front paws.  His claws shown like find crystal.  As sharp as razors and hard as stone they are meant to protect or judge as that is a gardian's dual role, but today his claws will protect.  Malaki gave his tail a shake and its fur flowed in its own wind. He still felt a little sleepy and his briliant red coat was matted on one side from his slumber but he was ready to go. He put on his helmit, picked up is sword and then his shield and spoke I am ready to go master, send me.  When the one true being asks you to go save his children that is what you do.

"Be well child."

Malaki took a step foward and suddenly he was walking on a road near the ocean but his claws did not click on on the pavement because of a thick layer of mud that was layed down by tsunami that followd the earthquake. He was surounded by broken equipment and refuse that washed up from the sea.  In front of him was the power plant.  The air smelled of burnt metal and was thick with smoke. Large milatary Helacopters were thundering overhead carying slings suspended below from their bellies.  One flying to the plant with its sling full and one away with its sling empty.  Military vehicles were stationed outside the buildings as close as their drivers dared with water cannons blasting the inside of one of the destroyed buildings.

The smoke and an iree glow eminated from building being dowsed and a couple of the others. Malaki could feel the heat on his face from the buildings.  It was intense and focused.  His toung detected a metalic tang in the air a sure sine that temperatures inside the buildings had risen to the point that the metal of the reactors was burning.  Surly the reactors were in the process of melting down.  Malaki's sensitive ears rang with pitch beyond any humans ability to hear. The sound was the death cry of the metal beasts within those buildings as the humans vainly tried to douse the fires with their water cannons.

What have they done? he thought. These poor creature mess with powers that they only poorly understand and with such arogance.  If only they understood the true nature of their univers and how maticulasely it was constructed and how tenuous it existance is.  On woof from the true being and it would all vanish in a single instant as though it had never existed in the first place.

Malaki rased his shield and pushed all thoughts from his mind.  he could feel the power of the reactors coursing and expanding.  He opened his heart and felt pitty for the humans.  Suddenly from his shield, a shimmering shield of light struck out and began to form a flattened spheer around the building.  It engulfed the building but was week and irregularrly shaped as it formed in such a way as to exclude the humans and their vehicals from its entrapment to protect them from its power.  Malaki needed them to leave so spoke and a thunderous voise commanded the humans to leave before they becaume trapped by the shield sphere.  The humans stopped the water cannons and retreated in their vehicles.   As they did so the sphere exapnded and became regular in shape  and began to strengthen although was still flattened on the top.

Out of the other relm, Malaki's brothers and sisters began ariving at points around the
buildings surounding the buildings in a circle outside the sphere.  Each raised their shields and were joined together in its strengthening of the sphere.  The sphere became more distinct.  It began to expand from a sphereoid to a full sphere both above the building and underground.  Each of Maliki's kin opened their mouths and their teath shown as jewels.  Each let out such a thunderous howl.  Malaki was the last to join.  When he did the howls combined to from a sound resembling a thousand trumpets.  Its raport was so loud that the sound could be heard by humans over the entire earth.  Inside the sphere a great blast suddenly filled sphere with dust and rubble.  Beams of light shown through the dust and burned anything they touched. Malaki and his kin just continued the howl.

Each of Malaki's brothers and sisters raised their swords and with them Malaki also raised his.  Immediately the sphere began to shrink.  As the spere shrank the chaos and light within intensified to become more fierce than any storm that has ever touched the earth.  The howls of Malaki and the others raised in pitch and volume until the air its self began to shake.  The ground beneath their feet began to rumble and everything around the gardians began to uproot and disapear in the distance having been blown away by the sound of their howls.  A great wirlwind formed above the sphere and the sphere began to move up towards the whirlwhind still shrinking leaving a great hole in the ground where the buildings once resided.  The sphere finally shrank to a point and disapeared into the whirlwhind and suddenly it was gone.   The buildings  and their lethal content were gone and so were the gardians.  They were  already returned to their long slumber.

Once again their intervention has spared the humans from their own miss-doings.  The one true being watched as the humans, his children, began to try and put together the peices or what had just happened and try to make sense of it.  In their arogance they will of course miss the true picture and go on doing their worst to get in trouble again for they are blind.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:48:53 am by christopher d. »
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./