Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
NaNoWriMo
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:04:10 am »
National Novel Writing Month is soon approaching, and I've been wondering how many of my fellow furry Furtopians plan on participating their penmanship?
For those of you who like to write or are interested in writing, please visit their website at http://www.nanowrimo.org/.

For the rest of us: Are you participating? Do you have a plot yet? Characters? Have you drawn up an outline, or do you plan on flying by the seat of your pants?

With one month to go I plan on using one of my story ideas that I wrote down but never used: A man is forced into becoming the horse (not the horseman, just the horse) of death out of the four horses rode by the horsemen in Revelations. While he rider decides if he is in his human form, or ridden as the pale equine he is powerless without his horse. And the man is powerless without his rider. James will have to deal many challenges. Some ethical and other not so much: like what to do about the pattern of scars left on his head in the shape of his bridle when his rider leaves him as a human to work his "day job" without removing his tack.

I have plenty of other ideas as well, so if any of you are looking to participate and just need a nudge to get going please let me know. Otherwise, I'm interested in hearing how everyone is doing, and I'm looking forward to updates in here as November approaches and continues on!
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »
I keep going back and forth on whether I'll participate.  The one year that I went all out and managed to win, it was a torturous month -- but the elation at the end was addictive.  However, I don't know if it's the best use of my writing time and energy right now.  So, I don't know.  Though, I am tempted.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »
I know what you mean. I've got several demanding courses I'm taking right now on top of a job, so my writing time is kind of limited. I plan on giving it what I can and cranking something out. If I don't win, it's not like I wasted a whole pile of money or didn't get anything out of the experience.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline ObliviousAlly

• Ally the Sparkly
  • Female
    • Pipedreams
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:30:46 am »
I'm doing it again this year, but I'm being a rebel and writing two stories instead of one long one. One's going to be somewhat furry-related and starring a new deer character I have.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:29:15 am »
I'm participating again this year.  Hoping to finish the novel I started last year. *wry chuckle*
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Archon Snowfur (my wolf side), from the story "Graduation Day, 2190".

"Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 06:29:24 pm »
Good luck! Life seems to know when I have plans on being busy and adds even more stuff accordingly. I don't know if I'll be successful, but I plan on giving it my best!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 04:33:09 am »
Now that we're more than halfway through, how's NaNoWriMo going for those of you doing it this year?  I have a friend in my critique group who took a serious stab at it, but I think he's fallen far enough behind that he's giving up now.  Though, it sounds like he a got a good solid start on the novel he wanted to write, so that's still pretty neat.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly