Author Topic: Not meant to compete with Sky, but let me write your character!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
I've fuzzed out on drive to write, I won't lie. I have ideas, characters that are itching to find their way into language, live their lives, but I have no inspiration to actually write them out, and it bothers me.

If I feel like someone is counting on me though, I'll get my tail into gear and do it though. So here's what I want to do to give myself some practice and that much needed momentum that'll roll over into my own writing: You tell me what and who and when to write about, and I'll write it. Ever needed that character backstory? I'll do it. How they got that sweet motorcycle or got dubbed a knight? Consider it done. The tale of how they become a wanted fugitive and had to steal a Boeing freighter full of weasel plushies and comic books in order to fly to Chile and clear their name (or escape) from the noodle incident? You get it.

Like Sky, I'm going to need a few things. Actually, I'm going to need more.

1.) Plot idea. In other words, this is what you want me to write. You don't have to give me a play-by-play, but a basic idea (see above examples) would be good. You can be as descriptive or open as you wish; but if you don't give me anything at all don't cry when you're beloved fursona is drinking sheep snot tea with the queen while dodging surface to air missiles in an MD-90 when you really wanted him slaying dragons in medieval france and oh, he hates sheep snot tea!

2) Time period or alternative setting (AKA steampunk, girl genius universe, FreeFall universe, modern day but with magic, etc...)

3) Genre. This one is very optional.

4) DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTERS! Anything you don't describe I'm going to make up. Because this is a furry forum (and because I love furry characters) the protagonist MUST be anthropomorphic.

5) If you don't give me an email or request a PM, I'll post it in this thread.

After I reply letting you know I accepted your request I should have your story done (final, not the rough drafts I've been posting) within three weeks.

Currently waiting on Stories:

1)Old Rabbit
2)Loc
3)Scarlegs
4)You?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:33:01 pm by Varg the wanderer »
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: Not meant to compete with Sky, but let me write your character!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:15 am »
Finally!! Another writer!! I'm pressed for time right now, but I'll give you the stuff later. ;)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:48:28 pm »
Sure, I can PM you something if you like.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:46:05 am »
I sent you a PM about a story idea as well. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »
I read your PM Old Rabbit! I like the idea a lot, keeping it short is going to be a challenge though. I'll try to have it ready for you in a couple of weeks!

Loc, feel free to PM me what you want, and I'll get to it right after I finish Old Rabbit's story.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 05:21:00 pm »
Can you make me one? I'll pm you the details?
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

• Male
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 05:30:40 pm »
Sure! I read your PM and it seems very do-able. I'll get to it after I finish Loc's :)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 11:58:28 am »
Go ahead and post it here if you like.  Glad you liked
the story idea. It's only one of several plots I had in
mind.  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com