Author Topic: Liani Technical Readouts  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
Liani Technical Readouts
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:01:31 pm »
While these aren't technically stories, these are the technical readouts for various equipment objects in my Fursona's universe. I'm posting only a few now, but this group will be updated and added to as time goes on.

FIRST ON THE LIST

0-MARK-G V-II Fully-Powered Exoatmospheric Combat Exoskeleton

Technical Specifics
Primary Material(s); Self-Molding CLA Ceramic (AA Grade), Ferrosteel/Titanium Alloy
Secondary Material(s); Inner Molding TFO Ceramic (R Grade), Composite 119 Hydrostatic Gelatin, M7262 Static Composite
Technical Parts; VIS System B, Mark IX FLFPE, M3 HEF
VIS System Update; 2.11.1
Combat Usage; Heavy Spaceborne Combat, forced boardings

Advanced Description
The 0-MARK-G V-II Fully Powered Exoatmospheric Combat Exoskeleton (Often called the 'Tortoise Suit' due to the reletive bulk compared to conventional Liani armor) is oftentimes thought to be a variant of the standard Liani Battlesuit, the Mark Six Semi-Powered Shielded Suit. This is an incorrect assumption, as the two suits only share a minority of components, being the VIS System Update, Magnetic Fasteners, and a pressure seal system.

The suit is comprised of an undersuit, and a oversuit. Both parts come in two distinct sections, creating essentially four segments.

The undersuit is comprised of a Hydrostatic Gelatin layer. This is  made to prevent wounds from ballistic weaponry and strong impacts, or explosive decompressions, that may harm the user, and also has the side effect of naturally sealing most vacuum punctures fairly well.

The overcoating of this is a Mark IX Frame Locklear Fully Powered Exoskeleton, all of which have been modified. This Exoskeletal suit is designed for constraint, rather than adding to the user's physicial strength. It actively prevents the user from overextending the natural movement of their bodies while affixed to a surface in the vacuum, in effect preventing them from harming themselves when making quick movements (Such as punching an enemy, or being thrown by concussive force). This suit is again coated with a hydrostatic gel layer, acting as doubly defense.

The oversuit is a coating of IM TFO Ceramic, plated on major areas of the bodies, and a flexible M7262 Static Composite between the Ceramic and the M-IX LFPES. This part of the oversuit is covered by Self Molding CLA Ceramic, reenforced by a framework of FerroSteel and Titanium Alloy. This makes the armor nigh-impervious to standard ballistics, but also renders it weak against energy-based attacks. This weakness is countered by the Mark 3 High Energy Field Projector, providing a decent energy defence on the surface of the armor, just below the SM CLA Ceramic.

Specialty Variants
Ground Combat; This variant is rarely seen outside of irregular combat theaters, but exists in more frequent occassions than one may expect. Unlike the standard variant, it has the opposite gearing of the M-IX LFPE, instead acting more like conventional Power Armor.

Resource Recovery; Only used by the Liani Naval Guard to recover salvage, this variant lacks the superior armor of its cousins in order to decrease user profile and increase user dexterity.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

Re: Liani Technical Readouts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:20 pm »
JARRUS Assault Rifle
Technical Specifics
Ammunition Type; 5.56mm Magnetic (EN Enhanced)
Projected Range; 900 meters
Rate of Fire; 762 rounds per minute
Firing System; Magnetically Operated, Rotating Cylinder
Weight; 6.3 pounds
Manufacturer; Liani Materials Group

Advanced Description
The JARRUS AR was designed by the Liani Materials Group after a multitude of requests for a weapon that could fulfill all three ranges of ground combat, while being able to share clips with the Liani V547-B DMR. The JARRUS fulfilled these roles, and has been the standard firearm for Liani Fireteams for over 30 years of service, being in both wars between the UCG and Liani. This has lead to an almost legendary status and a multitude of customized variants throughought the branches of the Liani's Armed Forces.

The awkward firing mechanism of the JARRUS is that of a rotating Magnetic Cylinder powered by a small battery cell. This cell is self-recharging, but spare cells are ussually carried by ground forces to prevent having a useless weapon in the field. The unique operating system of the weapon, coupled with the unusual projectiles (A combination of the standard 5.56mm round and the ordnance used by MAC weaponry), has lead the rounds used by this weapon to be able to penetrate the armor of UCG soldiers surprisingly well. In fact, due to the ease with which this weapon has killed enemy combatants, this weapon caused the V547-B DMR to be phased out entirely and be replaced by the JARRUS-B DMR, which uses an upsized Ammunition and fires in bursts.

Unfortunately, without major internal tampering, one cannot change the firing speed of the JARRUS to being a semi-automatic weapon; Thus, this has become a major issue within the Technical Corps, which tends to lose money every year due to tampering Engineering recruits.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:03:24 am by Arashi_Calunata »

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:21:24 am »
Mark Six S-P SS
Technical specifics
Primary Material(s); NanoComposite 319, Huewlet ES Cable,Composite 119 Hydrostatic Gel
Technical Parts; VIS System N, Mark-XI Light EN Field Adapter, CLX Module
VIS System Update; 2.11.2
Combat Usage; Standard Issue

Advanced Description
The definitive combat armor for all Liani Operations, the Mark Six Semi-Powered Shielded Suit is standard issue to all Liani units. The armor is comprised almost entirely of NanoComposite 319, a cheap type of material effective for large-scale production. This material is strong enough to prevent a small projectile, but it lacks the defenses to be worn alone.

As such, the Huewlet ES Cables, and Mark-XI EN Field Adapter provide the primary defense this suit provides in the form of an energy shield on the user. Inside of the suit, a layer of Composite 119 Gel and a CLX Module keep the wearer comfortable.

In order to supplement the armor, a wide variety of armor plating is available for the Mark Six, in order to fulfill any combat purpose the user must fulfill. An added bonus, the armor is light enough for the user to inconspicously wear civilian or military dress over it. This has proven a great bonus to those defending VIPs.

A large variety of suit's basic system structure is provided in order to successfully be worn by a wide collection of anthro species.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:30:10 pm by Arashi_Calunata »

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:05 pm »
A note that I forgot to mention earlier; Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 01:41:33 am »
Interesting to say the least, i'm interested in seeing what else you're working on.  May i ask what it is you plan on doing with this?

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:21:29 am »
It's kind of a pet project. I was, and still am, planning on making a series of books on the second UCG-Liani War from my Fursona's perspective. These are for that.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »
I'm impressed; not only do you have such incredible stories and worlds that you've created, but you're actually able to get them onto paper!  I'm struggling with the second part... kinda a lot.

Keep it up, i'm looking forward to seeing what else you got.  ;)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 12:04:35 am »
AXIS NNV BLRSR

Technical Specifics
Ammunition Type; 50 Caliber Round, Rifle
Projected Range; Unknown (Believed to be 2.5 miles)
Rate of Fire; Semi-Automatic (Or bolt action)
Firing System; Gas Operated, Double Action
Weight; 23 pounds
Manufacturer; Ensurance Armaments

Advanced Description
The AXIS NNV Ballistic Long Range Sniper Rifle is the standard Liani Sniper's Weapon. It features a stock-based magazine loading system and a bullpup design, and was designed specifically for penetrating the standard powered armor donned by UCG forces, specifically. Using the same ammunition as the coaxial Machine Gun of the Liani MLBX-12 Tank, this weapon is capable of penetrating the light armor of most vehicles.

A chief design feature of the AXIS NNV is an extreme durability factor. The complicated mechanism of the weapon is related to the antiquated system of dual-action revolvers, and is very hard to jam. This has been tested on the moon Tesarius of Irgent II, due to the harsh desert environment of the moon's surface, but prototype and current models show an extreme resistance to humidity and water as well.

Specialized sniping units using this weapon tend to have three soldiers; A sniper (Who carries the rifle), a spotter, and a auxiliary. All three are trained heavily on proper usage of the rifle.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:35:21 pm by Arashi_Calunata »