Author Topic: Horror stories  (Read 5830 times)

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
Re: Horror stories
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 02:16:17 pm »
Nightmares can have a lasting impact on anyone.
I used to have this recurring one  where a giant of a man, too big to fit (anywhere) is fiddling with flowers,  the rubber nubs on tires, anything small and delicate.  All the while he mutters to himself is a soft, high tone. All I can really see in the dream is super close up views of the things he messes with.
Suddenly,  he flies into a rage and demolishes everything around him.
it disturbed me so much that whenever I feel uneasy, I suddenly feel as though I were the same size as him; no longer able to fit in the very room I'm in. It's super surreal.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 12:22:37 am »
I use to have pretty horrendous nightmares... :/
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 12:44:49 am »
I actually, surprisingly consistently, get nightmares after eating pork. Especially if it's low-quality pork like mass-produced companies make.

I have no idea why! The dreams themselves aren't consistent, but very scary. Enough to consistently wake me up paranoid in the middle of the night, afraid to go back to sleep. x_x
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:46 am »
I actually, surprisingly consistently, get nightmares after eating pork. Especially if it's low-quality pork like mass-produced companies make.

I have no idea why! The dreams themselves aren't consistent, but very scary. Enough to consistently wake me up paranoid in the middle of the night, afraid to go back to sleep. x_x

Sir the bacon made me do it D:
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:30 pm »
I have a story in mind, but will try to have it up soon.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:21:32 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline SchwarzeBomber

• Species: Raptor / Blue Pheasant
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »
Well I know a good story, do you want to hear it?
Live to fight and fight to forget. Is that wise? Ich habe kein Ahnung....
Neka sada ratne igre prestanu
jer niceg vise nema u tebi, u meni
u mome srcu kise padaju
u dusi veju crni snegovi.

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 07:47:02 pm »
All stories are welcome! Feel free to post them when ever you want.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 09:54:42 pm »
I used to live in the downtown area of Oroville CA. The house we rented is definitely one of the older houses built. It is very much a Victorian design complete with a refferbished attic, not well done though, and a basement that was converted to a growing room by the people before us.

My family and I never felt easy at night, the windows always felt like someone was just outside of them yet we were easily 8 feet above the ground. My father stayed an entire week there before we moved in and he set up a makeshift bedroom in the attic. He has always told me that the nights are downright scary.  We've heard walking on the hard wood floors when nobody was even standing. I've heard whispers from the attic while on my own, our TVs would turn on on their own. However,  the wost place was the basement.
The only way into this part of the house was through the backyard, a kind of deck without any shielding along the sides. Everyone feels the same when they step up to the door, a kind of angry presence running at them.
I've always been skeptical about the supernatural but that is a feeling I can't deny. What's more is the face I see in my mind every time I think about that basement.  Gaunt, paper white with black holes for a mouth and eyes...and he's always angry...screaming...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:57:22 pm by Tanu »
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:23 pm »
Had a dream this morning, it was actually pretty terrifying. The dream felt real like I wasn't dreaming. In the dream I was minding my own business, I didn't know what I was doing. All of a sudden I was throw into water and I was being pinned down by someone. I could do nothing and I couldn't get any air. Then everything slowly faded away kinda like when you pass out. I woke up all shaky and I had a hard time falling asleep after that. I hate dreams that involve drowning and/or water.

[Edit for error]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:48:49 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 12:20:23 am »
Here is a short horror story I put together over the last couple days.  I don't claim to be
a good writer, but perhaps you all will get a small thrill out of it. :orbunny:

Forever lost in a lighthouse.

Golden rays of the setting sun streamed across an old lighthouse along with a few last cries of sea birds were heard as the shadows deepend towored night. Suddently lights flashed across the landscape as a motor car drove up, parking some distance from the lighthouse that was perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean below.. The sound of the ocean surf crashing against the rocks far below was heard as two people walked a narrow path that led toward the lighthouse entrance.

"Careful sis! Those old flagstones are slippery." said Albert as he grabbed his sisters arm.

"Thank you, but I don't know why we had to come here tonight anyway. This old lighthouse is spooky anough in the daytime." replied Jenny.

"You know we have to gather up the last of grandfathers possessions tonight. This place will be off limits while the workers install the automated system starting tomorrow. I want to make one last look around in case we missed  something, and I don't want strangers messing with them." Albert said with some irritation in his voice.

Jenny nodded as she waited for her brother to unlock the door.

"It's hard to believe grandfather lived here for nearly 50 years. I can remember him telling us stories about ship wrecks that happened here during storms." said Jenny as she looked at the full moon rising over the ocean.

"Yea, he sure seemed to enjoy his solitude. I would have thought he would have wanted to leave after grandma died 20 years ago. Ah I got the door open, now for the lights." replied Albert as he shined his flashlight around the large circular entrance room. There was only some trash and a few odds and ends laying about. Most eveything of value had been moved out earlier that week.

"Ye gods. Hear that wind moaning through the old light, it's sending chills down my spine." whispered Jenny.

"Come on sis, there isn't anything here to be afraid of. Your don't believe those old ghost stories grandpa told us do you? " Albert said with a grin.

"Not really, but I must say I remember having a few nightmares after hearing them." said Jenny thoughtfully.

"There! I got the lights on. I don't see anything here. Let's check the upper floors and the light." said Albert as he began to climb the stone stairway that hugged the curve of the lighthouse wall followed close behind by Jenny.

They inspected each of the half dozen floors, and finally climbed through a trap door leading inside the windowed room where in the center the carbon arc light stood on a rotating mount with it's large polished reflector set behind it.

"Should we be up here keeping the light from working?" asked Jenny.

"It hasn't been used since grandpa died. They have a temporary one on that small tower down the coast."  said Albert pointing toward the light to the south.

Just then they hear what sounds like a hinge creaking from below. "What was that?" Jenny asked nervously.

"Probably a draft moving a door I ___" Albert was interrupted by the sound of a door shuting.  Then said "That's likely someone from the coast guard checking up on us. I will go down and see." said Albert not quite as certain as he had been before.

"Please be careful Albert." said Jenny as she watched him climb down through the trap door.

A minute or so later Jenny heard Albert call out "Is anyone there?" Jenny started to really get worried after a  few more minutes of silence the lights went out. She crited out. "Albert the lights went out, is everything alright?" Then she heard Albert cry out. "Noooo it can't be." Moments later the sound of running and another cry followed by a loud thud. Jenny was shaking all over by now and afraid to move, but after a few minutes she called out to Albert again with no answer. After a time her vision became accustomed to the dark so she finally crept over and  looked down through the trap door where she could just make out Alberts flashlight beam perhaps two floors below. "That looks like the floor grandfathers bedroom was on." Jenny said to her self. She was afraid, but  she wondered if Albert might be seriously injured,.and  knew she must go down and check to be sure.

Moments after she climbed down to the platform just below the light room when she heard the sound of something heavy being slowly dragged. She called out again "is that you Albert?" the sound immediately stopped, but no answer from her brother.

Jenny was breaking out in a cold sweat still frozen in her tracks.  A few minutes later the creaking sound of those hinges were heard again.  Then another heavy thud followed by a door closing. Jenny could hardly breath as she felt her heart pounding ever faster.  She knew she couldn't stay there so she swallowed hard and started slowly creeping down the steps.

The light from the flashlight grew brighter as she drew closer. Finally she saw where it was laying on the floor. She bent over and after picking it up she looked around the room. Over against the wall was a old wardrobe that had beenshaped to fit the tapered wall so well they had decided to leave it. On the floor she could see in the dust where something had been dragged toward the large clothes cabinet. A fearful thought entered Jenny's mind. "Had someone killed and placed Alberts body in there?"

But she immediatly decided if that was the case why hadn't it or what come for her. She called out Alberts name once more, but there wasn't any response. Though she didn't like the idea of looking in the wardrobe, she felt if Albert was in there he might need help. So she walked over and tried to calm her fears then slowly opened the large doors.

Fearing the worst she steped back and shined the light inside. At first it looked empty then a ghostly vapor started to form.  A chill swept over her as the vapor began to take human form. Suddenly she recognized the figure of her grandfather as a blood curdling moan filled the air. She tried to scream, but she was frozen with fear.

Moments later a figure dressed in Alberts clothes rose from the bottom of the wardrobe. When she saw it's face she cried "Noooo it can't be." the face was that of Albert. Bearly recognizable with sunken eyes and mouth drawn so his teeth were fully visable.  His hands were almost bones as he reached for Jenny. She screemed turning to run, but was met by the spector of her grandmother next to the stairway where she fainted and fell to her death,

The next day the workers found the couples car, but no sign of anyone in the lighthouse. Albert and Jenny were never seen again, but on nights with a full moon. Folks say they sometimes hear moaning and see ghostly vapors  around the old lighthouse yet today.

The End..

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:22:28 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Elusive

• Species: Fox/Raven hybrid
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 03:49:12 pm »
There are about 4 dreams/experiences of mine that would fit this topic, I'll just post one for now.

This one involves what I think counts as a small amount of blood.

First one that comes to mind is one I had a few days after I got my wisdom teeth removed. The first thing I saw in the dream was that my sister and I have received what looked like gun shot wounds. The wounds however were already clotted and it seemed our lives were not in danger. I let the dream run on for a bit just to see if more details would show up but after a while nothing really changed. I then forced myself awake and slowly raised my head from my pillow to get out of bed but something was off. My face was sticking to the pillow, my initial thought was that I had drooled a lot in my sleep so I slowly peeled off the pillow. After I sat up and rubbed my eyes a bit I looked into my closet door mirror and noticed a dark red crusty substance covering one side of my face. I immediately looked back at my pillow and there was a grapefruit sized stain of the same substance. Not much longer after words I discovered that some of the stitches from the wisdom teeth removal had torn during my sleep. Luckily it seemed to have clotted not too long after.

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 06:36:17 pm »
(A work of pure fiction)

I recently moved in to an apartment complex that over looked a nearly unused park. My friends from college helped me out by letting me use their truck for the week and they even helped me unpack! I decided to treat them to a pizza dinner and a few beers for the last night of the move. This was the first night I had slept here and I was happy to have some company in this unfamiliar town.

During the night I woke to this strange feeling that someone had been moving around in the kitchen. Figuring it was Tony or JD, I rolled over and, although I was still uneasy, fell back to sleep. The next day we discovered the door was open and the rest of the pizza had gone missing. We all joked about some homeless guy or even a raccoon but counted ourselves lucky. I saw them off and was now completely alone in my new apartment; this is going to be the start of my life!

After work I came home, locked the door, took a shower, and watched some tv before going to bed. Yet again I woke up feeling as though I wasn't alone, I sat up and looked around. Nobody, I'm still alone. I double checked the door and it was indeed locked, the window doesn't open so I don't need to worry about it. I looked out the window and to the empty park, feeling a chill run through me I drew the curtains shut, watched the daily show for about an hour and eventually went to bed.

A week had passed and I always felt uneasy in my apartment, I even found the door open again! I decided that enough was enough and on my first payday, I'll head to the store and hook up a surveillance camera and an alarm system. Payday couldn't have come soon enough however, I began to find things moved around, food and clothes gone missing, even a shopping list had been left at my door! Once the system had been set and the lock to my door replaced I spent the next several days checking the tapes, almost religiously, and for the passed few weeks, nothing happened. I even began to feel comfortable at night!

Then one night I felt very uneasy, almost panic stricken. I sat up to hear the door slam shut yet the alarm never went off, I ran to the door to try and catch the person and saw the silhouette running into the park. I called out to them that I was calling the cops and that they were on camera. When the police arrived they took the report and I gave them the tape to review. The next day I received a phone call saying that there was nothing on the tape. The person I had told them about never showed and that it only showed me running out and screaming at seemingly nobody.

This time I knew that I needed to catch the person on my own. So I sat up all night with a knife in hand and waited and waited, and waited. The sun rose and there was no sign of anyone so I went out to check around the apartment and sure enough, I didn't see anyth-there was a note at the camera saying "watch me"

I pulled the tape and ran it though. My heart raced and I screamed! The person was just standing there, staring at the camera, scissors in his hands, he wore a set of sweats with a kind of devil mask covering his face. I took the tape and opened the door to find a second note, "The police won't help you. you're alone"

I then heard laughter from my bedroom and turned in time to avoid the scissors aimed at my throat. I kicked hard and ran out, got to my car and just drove.
I haven't gone back since, hell, he can keep everything I left behind!
Celebrate who you are.