Author Topic: Food for the Picky SIngle Furs  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Natura Wolf

Food for the Picky SIngle Furs
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:06:41 am »
Hey guys,

I really want to be healthy but I love pasta, pizza, pastry and chocoalte.  That is more of less my diet.
I was never really introduced to healthy food and i've always been picky.

My healthy foods are
Chicken Paella
Potato Hash - or Corn beef hash
Tomato Soup
Bananas
Apples
Orange Juice

I really want to be healthy and a major part is how much I eat more than what i eat.
But I live alone and quanity is soo hard for one man.

Can anyone give tips and advice

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Food for the Picky SIngle Furs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:08:20 am »
When you say you are a picky eater. What sort of things will you NOT under any circumstances eat?

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:15 am »
Anything i've never had before.
I would really need to be worked into it before trying, or at least at a all you can eat buffett or something where i can try without eating it all incase i don't like it.

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
Corned beef hash is not a healthy food... Have you ever seen the leftover grease in the pan?

I myself am not a picky eater, so the only advice I can give you is to try and broaden your likings. There are some really amazing foods out there, but if you're too picky to try them... well, you're missing out on a lot.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:47:13 pm »
Corned beef hash is not a healthy food... Have you ever seen the leftover grease in the pan?

I love the stuff. :) I sprinkle shredded cheese over mine. And there are low/reduced fat varieties too!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »
I myself am not a picky eater, so the only advice I can give you is to try and broaden your likings. There are some really amazing foods out there, but if you're too picky to try them... well, you're missing out on a lot.

Just be adventurous.  Try different foods, at least a sample, so that you can see what else is out there.  If you don't then there isn't really any advice we can give you because you've already tried it.

As a start, with every one of your meals, you should try to drink either tea, water, or low fat milk.  Treat sodas, juices, etc... like desserts. :)  Start from there.

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »

I love the stuff. :) I sprinkle shredded cheese over mine. And there are low/reduced fat varieties too!

I absolutely love it too. Then regret it in a few hours... I've never seen the low fat stuff. Guess I'm not going to the right store. And I'll have to try it with cheese! I usually use some syrup XD
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:23:47 pm »

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:55 pm »
Lean to cook and shop
1. the main thing I found out all there years I am a picky eater because I do not like  too much over  processed foods.

For me  I cook all my meals 13 days out of 14 day period, leftovers for lunch. I never take out for the hot food bar, I never eaten a frozen or quick prepared  dinner. I do refreeze leftovers  for quick use on other days, for example  re-fried beans and red cabbage.  I am willing  to put in the one to 2.5 hours a night to cook myself a good meal over  connivance. (it dose not mean I am at the stove all the time, (stewing and braising)   I make my own sauces or dressing, for example a tuna casserole I do no use a can soup but make my own quick  Cream of Mushroom base,