Author Topic: Easter Sides Help  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
Easter Sides Help
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:33:07 pm »
Our Fur group is having  an  Easter egg hunt / pot luck of Holy Saturday (the day before Easter).  The question is  I need some ides for side dishes that goes with Easter ham. I am good cook but do not want something that too complicated.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
Re: Easter Sides Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:40:01 pm »
My family usually has some sort of cheesy mashed potatos or green bean casserol. That might work. Also, a seasonal fruit salad, while maybe not hot as a side, makes a great alternative for the furs that do not wish to overload on sugar.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:53:26 am »
Scalloped potatoes go well with ham, and they're not too hard.  Basically, slice up potatoes; melt some cheese with milk; pour the melty cheesy liquid over the potato slices; bake it.  I'm sure you can look up a more specific recipe online -- that's what I did when I wanted to make scalloped potatoes -- but this gives you the basic idea.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:44 pm »
Thanks
the Host requested a salad so I went with lettuce and  pear with caramelized walnuts.  I got a few compliments.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 03:08:13 am »
Thanks
the Host requested a salad so I went with lettuce and  pear with caramelized walnuts.  I got a few compliments.

That sounds like a tasty and festive salad.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly