Author Topic: A song from the 90's  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Natura Wolf

A song from the 90's
« on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:43 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc

I heard this song recently, and I love this song and I miss this band when they actually sang rather than...what they do now.

But this song really made me think, we got this message in the 90s, now then it was just an awesome song, but now I understand it better.

So my question is, why is it that this song came from so long ago and yet No one is picking this up, this message :(, no change or sudden effects.  Infact life felt easier then, so where is the love?

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: A song from the 90's
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39:53 am »
It's very very easy to listen to..Rage Against the Machine, or Rise Against, but people simply don't have the motivation to do anything.

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:41:57 am »
It all has to do with whats popular. How about all the anti-war songs from late 60's. Vietnam was a major conflict, but you don't see to many songs these days about problems going on around us and if you listen to these songs they tend to not have the same effect on people as they did in there hay day.
Keep Smiling

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
It all has to do with whats popular. How about all the anti-war songs from late 60's. Vietnam was a major conflict, but you don't see to many songs these days about problems going on around us and if you listen to these songs they tend to not have the same effect on people as they did in there hay day.

Rage Agaisnt the Machine and Rise Against...

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:20:14 pm »
yeah but rage against the machine sucked,
or at least their type of music wasn't popular,

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »
like wrangell said it does have some to do with whats popular and also it has to do with how its presented, and whose listening to it. lets use disturbed for instance. their song another way to die has a good message to it, stop pollution before its too late, now that message is only going to be heard by people who are into that kind of music. and then there's a slim chance that those few will be able to convince their friends/family, depending on the situation, that that "noise" their hearing is actually portraying such a thoughtful message. this is a really big topic to talk on  but it all boils down to what music people like and which genera are portraying which messages.
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 11:15:06 pm »
Here's ya all another good couple a songs that have those sorts of messages.  Unlike a the other bands you brought up though, Radiohead is much more... um, listen-able, to most people.  granted, most people are probably too oblivious to even understand the message (and even if they did, would disregard it), but i'm sure the like's a you will have a keener ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyixl_MqlDc

I was listening to this album (and a few other things by the same artist) when i was reading some short stories by Ray Bradbury (For school, ironically) and was so inspired by the general feelings and ideas giving to me, that i decided to make an RP based off of it.  It never actually started, but now that i've been reminded of it, i think it's about time i do.