community group sub-forums > anime

The anime of Hayao Miyazaki

(1/3) > >>

Kobuk:
So who else here is a fan of the animated works from Hayao Miyazaki? Films such as:
* Princess Mononoke
* Spirited Away
* Howl's Moving Castle
......and others.

What do you enjoy or not enjoy about the films?

I have the first two films and enjoyed them both, but only was able to borrow the last one from a friend to watch. Howl's was good, but for some reason, I've just never been interested in buying it.

Cosantoir:
Love it all.  But don't forget My Neighbor Totoro.   :)   One of my favorite movies ever, hands down.

Ziel:
I've seen Howl's Moving Castle (Calcifer!) and Totoro, both in the last couple of years actually. Absolutely loved both of them.

I think I've seen bits and parts of Spirited Away as well. I need to borrow it from my friend and watch the whole thing some time.

Mylo:
I can't tell you how much I love Miyazaki's films!  :D
Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are my favorites...the art is detailed in all of his films, but in these it was absolutely gorgeous.  The stories were as detailed as the artwork. 
I've seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, but it was a long time ago when Toonami ran that 'Month of Miyazaki' special on Cartoon Network.  I've got to see it again. 
I loved Castle in the Sky, not so much the whole movie, but the intricate steampunk setting it was in.
Howl's Moving Castle had kind of the same vibe as Castle in the Sky, but it was entertaining in its own way. 
My Neighbor Totoro was more funny than anything else; the father was so mean to his little children  :D
I've seen Ponyo, and I have to say that I didn't like it as a movie.  It ended too quickly, and the plot was kind of thin...  Ah well.  *shrugs*

But overall, it makes me wish traditional animation was still used popularly as a medium (particularly outside of Japan...)

Shim:
I have probably seen Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited away 10 times each, at least. I LOVE Miyazaki. He's one of my favorite directors of all time.

Mylo: the Nausicaa manga was much better than the film. Read it if you can ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version