Author Topic: Wild Rose Country  (Read 39798 times)

Offline cougar2k2

• Male
Re: Wild Rose Country
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:00 pm »
 :o Wow chapter 19 was definatly and emotional one for John the hits just keep on coming.  He just can't seem to catch a break... well besides meeting Sharra, not dying, etc... definatly worth the wait.  I wont ruin or post any spoilers for those who haven't read it yet but I would highly recommend other reader check it out.  It took me a while to get to 19 because I wanted to reread that monster of a chapter 18 just to make sure I remembered what was going on.  I am really wondering how both Sharra and John will take him being personally visited like that and there is always the cryptic message 'said visitor' left John with before he woke up. 
One by one the yard gnomes are stealing my sanity...

Offline South Munjoy

• Male
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2009, 06:07:45 pm »
It's great to see chapter 19 is finally out. I liked the dream sequence a lot.

Offline JonaWolf

• Species: Human
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2009, 10:44:53 pm »
Thanks for the comments cougar2k2 and South Munjoy!

Glad you guys enjoyed Chapter 19 and I hope you paid attention while reading it.  ;)

The latter part of this latest chapter has a few hints and has set the tone for a few things that are going to happen to this unlikely couple in the months and years ahead. The Mother is right, it's not going to be an easy road for either of them ... but I'm hoping that it's going to make for some good reading!

My next project though, is going to be chapter 8 of The Gift of a Stranger so it will be awhile before the next chapter of WRC. Damn, I hate leaving you guys hanging for so long...

must ...  find ... way ... to .. write ... FASTER!

I let my mind wander once, but it never came back...

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 02:39:36 am »
Ch 19 was really good! Let it take as much time as it takes. Better that than ruining it by trying to force it. Your patience is amazing.   :D
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline JonaWolf

• Male
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2009, 04:45:39 pm »
My patience is amazing?  :o

You've got it backwards Simo, it's my readers that are the patient ones. WRC is going to be having a tenth anniversary this fall and unbelievably there are still a few readers out there that have stayed with this story from the beginning.

Me, I'm not that patient. Well maybe I am some days but I often get a little frustrated that I can't get new material up on a more regular basis. That being said, WRC 20 is in the works and hovering around four thousand words as of this morning. Might get it done and posted by the end of the year at this rate. ;)

Glad you liked Ch. 19 and it's good to see that you're still hanging around here. :)

Offline South Munjoy

• Male
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2011, 04:36:08 pm »
Just out of curiousity, whatever happened to this?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »

Furtopia web hosting is temporarily closed until further notice. So whatever site the story was on, It's now gone I guess.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2011, 02:29:22 am »
^ Kobuk is right - the Furtopia site that hosted this story is unfortunately now gone. But just so no one panics ;):

- The story might be posted on other sites
- The author almost certainly has a copy of all he's written
- I think WhiteShepherd may also have kept a backup of the old site and the story

Offline JonaWolf

• Male
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:38 pm »

Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the inclination theses days to maintain a website so I made the choice to let my site die when Furtopia pulled the plug on their webhosting services. Not to worry though, most of what was on my page can be found at other places now, namely www.raccoons-bookshelf.com and www.furrag.com. Any further updates to my writings will be posted to either of those sites.

I haven't quit writing either, even though it may seem that way. I don't have much free time these days and writing has been pushed to the backburner more often than I'd like. New stuff is in the works but I can' guarantee that I'll have anything done soon.