Author Topic: Beastars on Netflix  (Read 33425 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Beastars on Netflix
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 01:06:27 pm »
Totally disappointed with the  version of Beastars on Netflix. It's been censored. There is one word that's spoken by Legosi that is so important to the rest of the story. Not only was that word changed but even his reaction to saying it was edited out of the video.  Really was trying to get around everything else. Seeing that was my breaking point. Why do they dumb things down for American audiences?

I'm glad I watched it online before it came to Netflix. You're right cause I've realized a lot has been censored out which is hella dumb. I have no clue why they have to censor everything
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 02:44:24 pm »
Totally disappointed with the  version of Beastars on Netflix. It's been censored. There is one word that's spoken by Legosi that is so important to the rest of the story. Not only was that word changed but even his reaction to saying it was edited out of the video.  Really was trying to get around everything else. Seeing that was my breaking point. Why do they dumb things down for American audiences?

I'm glad I watched it online before it came to Netflix. You're right cause I've realized a lot has been censored out which is hella dumb. I have no clue why they have to censor everything

Censoring almost anything from overseas has been going on for decades or longer. Anything aimed at children is particuarly censored. WE MUST PROTECT THE CHILDREN! is the usual rallying cry. Sometimes, the censoring comes from parent groups, or it may be church and religious groups, or it may be the government, or even Hollywood, or book publishers.
But.........sometimes it may not be censoring at all, but rather something got "lost in the translation" so to speak. ;)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 04:47:03 am »
As it stands this show isn't meant for children. Not with all the sex and violence the American version has. I watched it wondering who Loui is. In both the manga and anime Louis is a conceded jerk. With a ego and a chip on his shoulder.  Loui however seems to have it all. Friends and popularity. They edited this character to be someone likable. Really glad I have access to both the dubbed version and manga.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 07:45:26 pm »
So, any other opinions about the manga or the anime series?

I haven't bought any more manga books yet. I've had to save my money for paying bills and "preparedness" during this coronavirus pandemic.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 01:15:39 pm »
I recently purchased Volumes 2, 3, 4, and 5 manga books from Amazon.
But I am still waiting for Vol.2 to be delivered.
Vol.4 was a bit "eye opening".  :o
Will be ordering Vol.6 soon in mid May.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »

Nice right now Paru is taking a little break so we didn't get another chapter last week.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 05:01:17 pm »

Nice right now Paru is taking a little break so we didn't get another chapter last week.

Do you mean anime or manga?

In other news..........Vol.2 manga book never got delivered today even though the USPS tracking info. said it would. Must have been some sort of error because I found out the book got forwarded/delivered to some other address in Chicago someplace.  :o USPS said there was something wrong with the zip code or mailing address label. When I ordered the book off Amazon, I made sure my addy and all other info. was correct. Now I have to wait to hear back from the seller and try to get things corrected and/or get a refund.  :(  >:( I'm pissed right now.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 03:44:39 am »

Do you mean anime or manga?

In other news..........Vol.2 manga book never got delivered today even though the USPS tracking info. said it would. Must have been some sort of error because I found out the book got forwarded/delivered to some other address in Chicago someplace.  :o USPS said there was something wrong with the zip code or mailing address label. When I ordered the book off Amazon, I made sure my addy and all other info. was correct. Now I have to wait to hear back from the seller and try to get things corrected and/or get a refund.  :(  >:( I'm pissed right now.

I've got a horror story for ya that happened to me. I had a package go from the east coats to the west coast. Four times! Funny part about it is it passed a bit over a mile a way from my house all eight times it traveled on the highway.  UPS finally figured it out. The guy didn't cover the bar coded on the box. So every time UPS scanned it they got told to ship it to California.  I finally got it. And a good story to tell.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 11:16:30 am »
From the Manga Kobuk Orange Studio is working on season 2 of the anime right now as we speak

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 01:23:58 pm »
This guy did a really good job of making Beastars into a parody. What's more impressive is he's the only voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK73RhgvTeg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2QHI-NN7NXgdbvWcl2R8fTVftGknCJqjnC4yFmhoW3epIx1Uvw2Z4AhpA

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 10:34:26 am »
Looks like the Amazon seller has somehow tracked down my missing Vol.2 and is trying to get it back on course to me. I checked the USPS tracking info. again and it says it should be delivered today. But nothing got delivered today as the postman came and went 10 minutes ago. :( Maybe the tracking info. is wrong and maybe it will be tomorrow instead? I can only hope.

Received a small USB stick from my best friend with all 12 Season 1 episodes of Beastars on it. :) I watched the first two episodes last night and the animation is really good. I really liked the opening credit scenes of episode 2 with the stop-motion puppet animation. I thought that was kinda cool and reminded me of the film The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:11 am »
Finally got Vol.2 manga in the mail today! Yay! Now I'm a happy husky. :) I'll be ordering Vol.6 soon.

Finished watching episodes 3-12 of the anime last night and I found it to be really good. You're right, Cause. It does differ from the manga slightly, but not too much. And it is a bit dark. You can really tell the creators put a lot of emotion into the development of the characters and how they relate to one another and so forth.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 02:41:57 pm »
Finally got Vol.2 manga in the mail today! Yay! Now I'm a happy husky. :) I'll be ordering Vol.6 soon.

Finished watching episodes 3-12 of the anime last night and I found it to be really good. You're right, Cause. It does differ from the manga slightly, but not too much. And it is a bit dark. You can really tell the creators put a lot of emotion into the development of the characters and how they relate to one another and so forth.

Kobuk. Congrats! love it when a seller goes the distance to get the deal done.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 11:25:52 pm »
According to Amazon, here are the release dates for the following english volumes.

Vol.6 - May 19, 2020
Vol.7 - July 21, 2020
Vol.8 - Sept. 15, 2020
Vol.9 - Nov. 17, 2020

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 03:03:32 pm »
Just ordered Vol.6 manga book this morning. :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2020, 12:55:56 pm »
Just recieved Vol.6 this morning. :) I'll be reading it this weekend and then let everyone how it was.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2020, 08:10:02 pm »
Just a reminder: Vol.7 Beastars manga should be coming out soon on July 21st. ;)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2020, 01:57:02 pm »
This looks like the release of the Japanese Season 1 Blu-Ray/DVD version of Beastars.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Beastars/comments/e92fau/another_image_of_the_beastars_blu_raydvd_release/

Unknown when a U.S. version might be released. Probably not until later this year or early next year.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:58:45 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »
This looks like the release of the Japanese Season 1 Blu-Ray/DVD version of Beastars.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Beastars/comments/e92fau/another_image_of_the_beastars_blu_raydvd_release/

Unknown when a U.S. version might be released. Probably not until later this year or early next year.

Oh hell yes

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2020, 04:24:06 pm »
Just a reminder, Vol.8 manga comes out Sept. 15th!  :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2020, 06:48:27 pm »
The live action Beastars stage play in Japan has been cancelled due to coronavirus concerns.  :'( :'( :'(
https://ani.me/posts/5391-BEASTARS-Live-Action-Stage-Play-is-Cancelled-due-to-COVID-19-Concerns

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 09:47:47 pm »
Just had a thought. Does anybody know any furry artists that make Beastars themed con badges?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2020, 01:56:05 pm »
I wanted to get beastars manga but it seems volumes 1 through 13 are available on Amazon,  but volume 10 seems like it is harder to get?
Any ideas where to get it?

Are you trying to buy the English language version? Or other versions?
I checked Amazon and the English language versions come out:
Volume 9 on Nov. 17, 2020
Volume 10 on January 19, 2021
Volume 11 should be on March 16, 2021

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2020, 03:12:03 pm »
 Yeah I forgot we had this thread going.
I did see I could buy those on Amazon.  Volume 9, 11, 12, 13 looked as if they were potentially available now.  Volume 10 said pre order now. It was confusing.
I read volumes 1 through 8 already,  and it's great,  so I'm just looking to get more is all.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)