Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Ayrial Winterwood

• Species: Khajiit-lynx
  • Female
Hello to all
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:26:43 am »
Hi there! I’m a long-time furry (before there was such a thing), makeup/costume artist and portrait artist specializing in realistic pencil drawings of people and animals, and anthros of all creations. I also have an affinity for anthro cartoons (Disney/Pixar, Blue Sky, etc). Some of my non-furry interests are motorcycling, computers, hiking with my dog, bowling, hunting and fishing (and writing! If you hadn’t noticed... ;) )

While I have always loved anthro art and costuming, I hadn’t given the furry community much thought because I always associated it with the toony/mascot-style fursuits, which really isn’t my style. Then one day I saw pictures of a realistic wolf fursuit head and I was hooked. Some of the hyper-realistic heads, like Clockwork Creatures and Magpieb0nes on DeviantArt are truly breathtaking! Now I am eager to plan a partial fursuit (head and paws) of Ayrial, although I haven’t decided if I want to build it myself or commission it. I found this forum while researching fursuits and decided to join to meet other furries, get advice on fursuiting and possibly attending my first con.

About my fursona: Ayrial resembles a cross between a snow leopard and a Canadian lynx, with soft fur the color of  a winter sky, long iridescent hair and whiskers and the piercing blue eyes of her people. She wears a dark hooded cloak with sash and carries a dagger, wooden staff and a longbow. Ayrial is the guardian-spirit of the vast coastal ice forests, protecting her lands from trespassers and thieves. Quiet and serene, she can disappear into the trees as an observer but leap ferociously into battle in the blink of an eye if needed and vanish again like a ghost.

I’m working on a rough sketch of Ayrial and will post it as my avatar once it’s done. For now it’s a generic lynx.

Hope to chat with some of you on here soon!
“I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.”

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:36:42 am »
Yee yee I'm not the only Hunter here welcome to furtopia *tosses you a Gatorade and a real tree hat* what you ride and I can't wait to see your art
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 03:06:49 am »
Hello and welcome to Furtopia!

I, too, was drawn to the fandom by the realistic art and costumes. Once I stumbled upon a few of the talented writers in the fandom, lurking in the dark html holes of personal sites and story repositories I knew where to get the fiction I'd been looking for. I enjoy the community a lot, and I hope you will too.

Here is a bit of a "Welcome Aboard" we like to give to all of our new members. It's a mix of 'getting to know you' questions, forum rules, and forum resources. Please peruse at your convenience.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

When reading your description I couldn't help but be reminded of Simo Häyhä, the White Death. He was a famous sniper who did much like what you described.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 07:00:12 am »
Welcome!  :)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 01:00:55 pm »
Welcome to furtopia.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 02:21:09 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

• Female
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:07 pm »
Yee yee I'm not the only Hunter here welcome to furtopia *tosses you a Gatorade and a real tree hat* what you ride and I can't wait to see your art

Hi there Charcoal! *takes a sip of Gatorade and puts on the hat*. I ride a black Honda DN-01 named "Night Fury" because it resembles Toothless in How To Train Your Dragon. Complete with spikes and Hiccup's Night Fury badge. Do you ride as well?
“I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.”

• Female
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 07:43:04 pm »
Hello and welcome to Furtopia!

I, too, was drawn to the fandom by the realistic art and costumes. Once I stumbled upon a few of the talented writers in the fandom, lurking in the dark html holes of personal sites and story repositories I knew where to get the fiction I'd been looking for. I enjoy the community a lot, and I hope you will too.

Here is a bit of a "Welcome Aboard" we like to give to all of our new members. It's a mix of 'getting to know you' questions, forum rules, and forum resources. Please peruse at your convenience.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

When reading your description I couldn't help but be reminded of Simo Häyhä, the White Death. He was a famous sniper who did much like what you described.

Hi Varg, thanks for the welcome! Ayrial is part of who I am but has many of the qualities I would like to have: Strong, beautiful, confident and fiercely independent. She is also a huntress, so it's fair to assume she would share many of the same skills as a sniper. Or a furry ninja, depending on how you look at it. :)

• Female
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 07:43:59 pm »

• Female
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 07:45:25 pm »
Welcome to furtopia.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Thanks for the cookie! I love chocolate chip! *catches cookie and scarfs it down*

• Female
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 07:46:27 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

Thanks for the welcome Kobuk!

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 09:15:15 pm »
I will be riding a 1975 Kawasaki  kx 400 I got some work to do I'm gonna do a Frankensteins monster theme because I'm bringing it to life after 20 years in a barn and get a license an registration
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 10:28:46 pm »
Did you just change your display species to Khajiit-lynx? If so, you have no worries here. I think this is one of the few places they can go without everyone clutching their wallets and immediately accusing them of this or that. ;)

It also means I won't be questioning your bow skills, either.  :o
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 01:42:50 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 08:34:54 pm »
Do you do any archery IRL?  It would be awesome to see your realistic Lynx self, with a long bow in the ice woods!
And I will remember not to trespass.  Well unless I really need to get to Kobuks Kafe, which is located on the edge of the forest.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:16:57 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia! :3
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such