Author Topic: The Game  (Read 50400 times)

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
The Game
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2003, 02:05:27 am »
Trustor holding his scanner looked towards Alex with a smile, “Oh sorry.  A magian is a being who has the ability to manipulate and or channel the energy source known as Way.  Often referred to in less scientific circles as “Magic”.

Trustor took a step back not entirely sure what was going to happen when this newcomer arrived motioning to Alex as he continued to talk, “Four Mehraks ago the Karathian Council approved funding for the scientific study of Way particles in application of war and counter measures (action1190b).  My prototype was created from that project.  All subclass “b” A-11s have a sensitivity to Way particles and can energy sync (pull in) them like other forms of energy.  My uses is highly efficient but rather limited.  The energy I harness is only approved for rapid healing/repair of living cells and tissue.  A magian from some reports I hear can shape Way like an art for many uses.”.

Trustor thought to himself.  He did not know why he was telling Alex so much and reacting to him like pack.  Perhaps it was the shock.  Perhaps he was sensing something good in Alex he felt he could trust.  Or... Perhaps there was more.  A deep pain Trustor was fighting from welling up from his chest lest he break down to cry.  Why had their creators they loved and fought for ordered his pack into a known death?  From his implanted memories Trustor could remember no Karathian human had ever given such a action.  It kept going through Trustor’s mind.  It had to of been “his” fault.  He had failed everyone.  With all the caring and love from the creators his failure was so horrible he had cost the rest of his pack there lives too?  Trustor knew he deserved to be dead and yet was not.  He was too much of a failure to go back to Karath.  Perhaps he needed to not fail Alex.  Perhaps..  He was just feeling very alone and just needed a friend.
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot

Offline Zero

• Male
The Game
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2003, 04:35:04 pm »
Alex acknowledged Trustor's motion, and took a few steps back, deciding to sit down once again. He listened intently to Trustor's explanation, and the Karathian's pursuit of trying to harness the powers of magic.

Alex turned to Trustor only to find his warm smile gone....replaced with a look anguish.
"What's wrong? You look so sad"

Offline Richard Smith

• Male
    • None
The Game
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2003, 05:45:27 pm »
Waiting until the explanation was over, Brent kept both hands in the air in case anybody decided he -wasn't- friendly before he could get a word in edgewise. Then, he talked... fast.
"Hello there, sorry for jumping onto your ship and all... who am I, you may ask? I, my good sir, am what you would call an opportunity. I am looking for a transport, and you happen to be going my way. Or... actually... I happen to going yours. I am also willing to pay for my conveyance in either currency or services, take your pick, I have an abundance of either. My name, by the way, is Brent Lanford, Order of the Shining Voice. Pleased t'meetcha."
"One last thing, Rick, don't meet their eyes."
"What?"
"Don't meet their gaze. They have seen beyond the veil, and this makes their gaze most terrible. Seen from Terra, they cause fear... undiluted in Gaia, they will strip your soul."
-The Strange Case of Richard Smith

The Game
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2003, 02:30:02 pm »
Once the Kalga was within the slipstream the elders had provided for it, some of the Avari began to awaken and go about their business.  None of their prayers were needed anymore; the Kalga would be in orbit around Eravia soon enough, where the elders would not need the Aravi to be in constant meditation to protect it.  Terastas, however, kept his eyes closed, remaining deep in meditation, him being one of the many Avari that dared not leave anything to chance.  The elders were not that clumsy, but by Avari terms, Terastas was still young, the equivalent of an acolyte.

Of course, he was also only Avari in the port, and therefore the closest to the Kalga at the moment.  He found out the hard way that the Avari had stopped meditating for the Kalga so they could find the closest Avari to help them.

"TERASTAS OF THE MONASTERY!!!" the voices shouted inside his head, jolting him out of his prayers.  "WELCOME OUR GUESTS ON BEHALF OF THE ELDERS!!!"

Needless to say, having an entire planet's population suddenly shout out something in unison inside your head will get your attention.  He had jolted up to all fours when they first said his name, panting heavilly like a dog while his eyes scanned around nervously.

"Okay.  Okay, no need to yell," said Terastas as he stood up.  "I'll meet them up the space ladder."

He gathered his posessions and got in line to board the elevator out of Eravia's atmosphere.

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2003, 02:38:52 am »
Trustor heard Alex’s voice and pulled back from what felt like a black hole of dark memories.  “I’m sorry Alex.”, Trustor replied, “I was just remembering my pack before I got here.”   Trustor nodded to Alex with his soft smile returning, “I need to keep my focus and stay alert.” “Since we do not know who is coming thro.....”  Looking at the rift Trustor realized the fox was already here hands raised and listening.  

Flicking a sudden ear back  Trustor was a little surprised by the introduction.  But his mind was sensing this fox’s intentions were non harmful and his words though leaving more questions seemed honest.  Trustors canine nose was breathing and catching new scents in the room.  The visitor was defiantly vulpine and had recently left the presence of others. His shade was matching tones of grey228 which the humans often called “red”.  Trustor tried to give the fox some feeling of ease.  Holding out his paw hand in greeting with his long tall shepherd ears pointed forward in respect Trustor spoke, “Hello I am Trustor A-11b and this here is Alex.”  “I take it by your questions you are not involved with this Kalga ship?” Trustor nodded to Alex in acknowledgment, “Alex rescued me on plant Repine and then Kalga rescued us when the planet was attacked.”  “However we have no knowledge yet where we are going or what will happen.”
IRC quotes:

Offline Jadnar

• Male
    • http://www.wolfvern.furtopia.org
The Game
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2003, 03:21:55 pm »
I could sence a new creature, emerging within my smaller self, seems someone was impatiant to ask before coming aboard me. Why hath they come to me? No matter, they are here now, and it seems they wish of no harm. Jadnar will have to sort this out for me, this mind is incompatable with mine.

I just hope that Jadnar can get done with the dragon soon, and allow me to get into subspace, the minds of the evils still scrabbled at my mind. I can't hold them for long.
Fear da lupequine

Offline Silver

• Male
    • http://pub62.ezboard.com/bdeeparctic
The Game
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2003, 05:49:19 pm »
Zairith wasn't getting any answers, he could feel his consciousness floating inside of the computer and he decided it was time to stop pusy footing around.  He saw the nots the ones flashing past and they suddenly ressolved themselves into information he FORCED himself on them cracking them, trying to find what he needed, the security sweeps were forgotten he was tired of this game and he needed something he could use.  He began to tear files apart, the drugs running through his veins making him feel so much more powerful, concentrating his thoughts.

He sliced through information ruthlessly for no thought of the computers organisation.

"I wish for information, tell me where I am."

He thought and allowed the thoughts to run into the computer, so it could answer his question otherwise he would continue to slice it to ribbons, he knew it was dangerous, if it was programmed t odeal harshly with intruders he might end up getting a hell of a shock....but he needed to know
"You can train a dog with food, buy a man with money but no man alive can tame a wolf."

Offline Zero

• Male
The Game
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2003, 05:06:24 am »
Alex's ears pricked up on the magians mention of the shining voice. A group that had ventured onto his home planet before, to remove a group of Xelites who were monopolising the Darvinian ore trade. People seemed to create an atmosphere of fear once they had arrived...it seemed the Shining Voice had quite an expansive reputation in this system, and others. The Xelites were terrified of them. They gave no resistance against them, and were gone the very next day.

Alex thought for a minute, and decided to ask him a question. There was no doubt that he knew where they were headed if he was going with them. "So then Brent, if your going our way, then you'll know where this ship is taking us right?", Alex said awaiting his answer

Offline Richard Smith

• Male
    • None
The Game
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2003, 06:40:10 pm »
Brent's reply was accompanied by a chuckle and a shake of his head. "Sorry friend, but the Goddess keeps us 'shiners in the dark until the time comes. Keeps us from spoilin' the story I guess. We're not supposed to know too much before hand, we just go where Her Ladyship points us and destroy those that break the rules. I'll travel with you 'till I feel the time has come for me to fulfill my purpose. Could be in a little while, could be in a long while, I'm prepared to wait."
Dusting off his clothing a bit, which had been disheveled by the long jump through... wherever people jump through when they do the whole teleportation thing... the fox took up his spear and made a gesture, causing it to turn into a dim bar of light before vanishing. "There, now that won't cumber me down too much while I walk about the ship. Would you mind showin' me to my room? I may be travelin' with you lot for a while, so I'd best get to know the ship, neh?"
"One last thing, Rick, don't meet their eyes."
"What?"
"Don't meet their gaze. They have seen beyond the veil, and this makes their gaze most terrible. Seen from Terra, they cause fear... undiluted in Gaia, they will strip your soul."
-The Strange Case of Richard Smith

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2003, 02:11:26 am »
Trustor tilted his head at the word “Shiners”.  He remembered the “Shiners” classed in Karathian records as a “Way” utilizing race but not much more information.  His own creation was the beginning of a scientific adaptation in utilization and counter measures to such power should a conflict ever arise with a Way using race.  Trustor could sense the location and feel of the flows of Way like energy ribbons he could reach out and grab.    It was very interesting to see. This was Trustor’s first observation of Way manipulation/application by a sentient being.   He would study it carefully.

Also Trustor did not feel as at ease as Brent showed.  But he was trying and he did respect the fox.  Trustor was respectful of everyone unless betrayed.  But he was a dog and like most dogs Trustor’s instincts did not like situations which did not make sense to him.  Brent’s answers had seemed to only leave more questions.  It would seem to Trustor from what Brent explained that the fox was perhaps a unit designed for combat.  Brent’s master given the code name “Goddess” had sent him here on a mission.  The function of Brent’s unit seemed to be a seek and destroy function.  Brent was sent without info or intel (a situation Trustor could relate) and this fox had been teleported into the closed confines of a unknown alien body cavity and seemed not to find the situation unusual or dangerous?  He was even asking for a room, how interesting.

Trustor a little surprised by Brent’s question replied a answer as best he could, “From my scans we seem to be in the only body cavity of this being called Kalga.” “However the Kalga’s cells seem to be dynamic in structure.” “Perhaps creating from these cells what the Kalga itself needs?”.

Trustor turned to Alex, “Perhaps there is more information to be gained?”  “On the planet Kalga communicated with me.” “I think it may be how this Kalga found us.”, Trustor continued,  “I will try and talk to the Kalga and hope we can find us some answers.”.  

Trustor reached out and touched the wall, his paw fingers feeling-sensing healthy living tissue as his mind felt the presence similar to his. He projected trying to be polite, “Hello Kalga it is me Trustor.”  “We thank you again for our rescue.”, Trustor thought unable to conceal his emotions, the worry of what would happen to them, in shared thoughts, “Could you please tell me where you are taking us?”
IRC quotes:

Offline Jadnar

• Male
The Game
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2003, 06:48:12 pm »
~You do not need to speak with touch, I can touch your mind just as easly as I flow through a way burst. You are Trustor, similer? Trustor shall be what you are.

What you are in is a fragment of myself, this fragment is approaching my larger self, to meld. There I shall take you to the others, and Jadnar. From there We shall be entering a slipstream supplied to me by the Avari. The Space Ways tell this to me. Perhaps, Similer, you can learn from the space ways as I have.~
Fear da lupequine

Offline Silver

• Male
The Game
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2003, 03:29:54 pm »
The voice seemed to be inside of his head.

"Trustor? what the ******* is that?"

He travelled deeper int othe copmuter, like a worm, this thing had to have a power source, he was going to find it.

"Where is your crew compliment?"

He wondered how many people there were on this vessel.

"I'm not going down any space ways I have a place I need to get to."
"You can train a dog with food, buy a man with money but no man alive can tame a wolf."

Offline Bear Paw

• An old bear of the fandom
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2003, 08:52:53 pm »
*Hmmm seems there's a bit of time befor we all come together, might as well use it*. Makeing sure no one else was intrested in what he was doing, Babel made his way to a worksurface at the edge of the room. When he felt sure he wasn't being watched too closely he flipped a small switch just above his right sholder. His arm emited a series of bleeps. Babel gave it a sharp twist and the arm came away. Working quickly now he started to unscrew a couple of small panles from it.
"Well it's about time I tried this"
Babel took from his coat pocket a small black box with a couple of wires leading from it. He placed it inside the arm useing a small sonic solder to make the connections inside.
Now complete he secured everything back in place. He then placed the arm back in to the joint and snapped it in to place.
" right one...two...three......" he snapped the switch back on
"Grrrrr" he grimeced as the nureal releys burned back in to life.
"That never gets any better" as te pain dissapeared in to an itching sensation. *Lets see now* he thought pressing a small area below his wrist a female voice crackeld in to life.
"co-ordinates as follows" * hey voice read out as well not bad inbuilt location and hopefully boosted transmission with this thing, got to love those plug n play parts* he gave a toothy grin. He sat back and started to play around with his new gadget and gradualy became oblivoius to everything around him. "Just maby a little more fine tuneing as he flipped the switch again and removed is arm" He started to prod around inside it agiain. As he worked he started to humm to himself which got louder the more he became involved with his work.
All I want too do is leave paw prints in the sands of time. (Garfield)
To be forgotten is worse than death (Freya)
We are all equal in the fandom. ( WhiteFang good fur and friend )
I am not a dancing bear toothless claw less here for your amusement, more like the other way round.

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2003, 04:16:52 am »
Trustor nodded to Alex as he motioned for Brent to come closer.  “We are similar.  Kalga is sharing it’s thoughts with me.” , Trustor continued talking his expression blank as his senses were linked in a shared consciousness with what Kalga was saying and wanting him to feel.  Trustor  wanted to make sure his new found companions were ok and sharing information was crucial of any supportive pack, “Not to worry.” “I feel the Kalga’s knowledge is very old.” Trustor smiled a little, “It calls me to learn from the space ways.” Sensing the intent he continued, “We will be safe.”  “We are going to meet someone called Jadnar and then travel onto the Avari system via a path granted.” Trustor could feel the Kalga’s diverted attention diverted to keep out the attacks, “We have to hurry, help in any way we can. “The attacks are exhausting the Kalga.”

Trustor understood the Kalga,   perhaps better than he was saying.  Feelings were so much easier to know than say.  

Though a little surprised by the mind set of the question, Trustor in return replied freely speaking/thinking his thoughts. His feelings stirring inside of him like a angry storm of pain compressed and begging to rip him apart, “My... my crew compliment and commanding officer.. were all killed on Bryton 4.”  “I failed and insulted the masters and doomed my loved pack.”
IRC quotes:

Offline Zero

• Male
The Game
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2003, 05:32:24 am »
Alex was unsure what to feel although he had been told they were safe. He shuffled a little, and took in Trustor's words. Mention of the Avari, made Alex leap up in suprise.

T-the Avari?! the question echoed inside his head. He had read about this race in many books. Several authors had given them the nick-name "dream-walkers" for their powerful psionic abilites unlocked through intense meditation, and prayer.

Alex shook himself free of his daydream, and took out his camera from his back pocket. He beagn to scroll through his pictures. At least 340 were stored away from as far Serifa, a place he had once called home before the collapse. He sat quietly, and smiled gently as two pairs of comforting eyes looked back at him from the viewer.

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2003, 04:05:11 am »
Trustor listened a little longer for a reply as he watched the two anthros speaking, “I think the Kalga is busy right now.” Trustor tilted his head his ears back in concern as he watched Alex.  The wolf reminded him of something familiar he could not quite catch in his mind.  Alex’s expression made Trustor think of a little sail boat torn from the harbor that was lost in a wild sea.  The fox Brent seemed perfectly adapted and at peace with his situation.  That was impressive.  Trustor had been trained to keep his head under stress.  But his day had hurt and been so hard beyond what he thought he would of been able to endure.

Trustor watched Alex’s expression as the wolf gazed into his camera.  He could tell Alex was hurting missing his home.  Trustor walked forward to stand next to Alex resting a paw gently on the wolf’s shoulder in support.  Trustor spoke, “In truth I am not for certain what will completely happen.”  Trustor’s soft brown eyes gave Alex a reassuring smile, “But beating the odds we are still alive.”  Trustor grinned a smile, “Don’t worry your not alone.  I’ll be here watching your back like you did for me.” He continued talking to Alex, “We can find our way home.”  Trustor looked down at Alex’s camera, “Oh, a very nice picture.” He smiled in thought his playful dog curiosity coming out again, “Is that your home?”.
IRC quotes:

Offline Jadnar

• Male
The Game
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2003, 08:48:57 am »
~It'll take you years to learn how, Similar, it has taken me several hundred mehraks to fully be able to converse with the space ways. Your Flicker lives are hardly long enough to understand this. I am combining now~

The walls around you begin to shift and change, comeing down upon you, sinking around you.

~Do not be afraid~

You soon emerge in the middle of a room with several other people there.

~Jadnar, I have now combined, I am making way to the Avari Slipstream. Please attend to the dragon quickly, we must hurry. The Avari can not hold the stream open for us forever. Already they begin to strain. The Space Ways feel their drain.~

"Yes, Kalga, I'll do what I can here." I turned to the dragon.

"Please understand, I must hurry," Gesturing to the computer on the creatures wrist," That should help you identify what they are used for. When you are done, Kalga will lead you to where you need to be.
Fear da lupequine

Offline Silver

• Male
The Game
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2003, 03:49:24 pm »
OOC: Sorry slightly confused, Jadnar was that post directed at my character?

Offline Jadnar

• Male
The Game
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2003, 04:30:26 pm »
Um, What part, dare I ask?
Fear da lupequine

Offline Zero

• Male
The Game
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2003, 06:20:24 pm »
OOC: Sorry, Silver those aboard the Kalga's smaller self were the ones being addressed through Trustor. This is the part you meant right?

IC: Alex leapt with fright, as Trustor's paw came to rest on his shoulder. He smiled, and spoke. "Thanks for your kind words Trustor. I'll watch yours if you watch mine".

“Is that your home?” The question sent a cold feeling through Alex. He switched off the viewer, and put his camera away. He stared at the ground, and gave his answer.

"Home? I don't have a home anymore. Serifa is a desolate wasteland, and my family are gone...I've been alone for quite some time. I miss them...but I know I'll never see them again....I.

Alex's voice trailed off suddenly, and silence ensued for a moment. "I'm sorry Trustor, but I don't want to talk about this right now".

As Alex stopped talking, the walls of the vessel shimmered, and melted away. The three now stood in what appeared to be a bigger version of the one that had just disappeared, with many onlookers now before them.

Offline Bear Paw

• An old bear of the fandom
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2003, 09:33:25 pm »
Babel was oblivious to the new people that had enterd he was still engrossed in fixing up his arm. He had spent a large amount of time and effort collecting the bit's for it since he had it. It was quite impressive in it's abilitys, altough it still hurt imensly every time he reconnected it something which he was trying to remedy even now.
He carried on working humming fairly loudly and every now and agian muttering
"hmm maby if I tweeked this"
"nope ok then waht about this"
He had now donned a set of glasses which provded a zoom function for the realy small stuff. Even when the new members began to move around and start to talk he was oblivious. He just hummed louder to blot out the background noise in his mind.
All I want too do is leave paw prints in the sands of time. (Garfield)
To be forgotten is worse than death (Freya)
We are all equal in the fandom. ( WhiteFang good fur and friend )
I am not a dancing bear toothless claw less here for your amusement, more like the other way round.

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2003, 04:22:27 pm »
OOC: Sorry for delays but I have been working till 2AM most nights to catch up for my trip to SD.  So I’m a very busy dog right now.

Trustor slowly backed off from Alex picking up he has had cause pain by his questions.  Trustor sat down, “I am sorry.”.  Trustors ears were back in worry as he address Alex softly, “Sometimes I ask the wrong questions.” Trustor looked down, “I’m sometimes a bit to curious for my own good.” He shook his head letting his eyes scan over all the diversity in his field of vision that felt like a magnet for his attention, “Who knows perhaps it’s the way I was made?”  “ Trustor sensed a change in ship.  He turned looking at the wall sensing a change.  The ship was changing.  Moments later he was in a bigger room looking over others.  With a little bit of stressed caution trustor perked his ears forward and addressed the new individuals, “Hello, I am Trustor A-11.”, “Is one of you Jadnar?” Trustor looked and evaluated those present, “I think Kalga wishes us to speak with you.”
IRC quotes:

Offline Jadnar

• Male
The Game
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2003, 05:43:46 pm »
Hurrying into the room, I heard my name spoken, as well as the sounds of an increased crowed. Sounds like this may be a long journy.

"I am Jadnar, Captain, and friend to this creature that names its self Kalga. We are at current heading to an Avari Slip Stream. If you all will please take a seat, the Slipstream may be a tad rough at the start."

The floor rose up in several places, forming into seats of sorts, arranged in neat little rows, just enough for everyone to sit in.

~Jadnar, The Avari Are kind to us. We should see to paying them back for their kindness.~

"I have every intent on that Kalga, But for right now, we must take their help."

~Also, the Similar, he who calls himself Trustor is onboard.~

"Was he worth the effort?"

~Quite infact. I can speak to him, as I can speak to you. It is amazing to have two minds to talk to. Perhaps relations can be made between us~

"I'll take that in note," raising my voice I spoke to the masses once again, "We'll be moving out of This area in 3 Redons. The Kalga will brase you as we move through the slip Stream."

Taking a seat in one of the organic chairs, I prepared my self to meld my mind with Kalga once again. Kalga streached its self to hold me into the seat.

I slipped into the meld with Kalga easily, as I had done so many times before.

~Perhaps we can invite this Trustor into our meld~

~That would be very nice, indeed. His mind is compatable with mine. It may open his eyes to the space ways, through connected thought.~

~Perhaps~
Fear da lupequine

The Game
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2003, 10:26:04 pm »
For the first time since their exsile to Eravia, an Avari journeyed above the atmosphere.  This time would be different; he was alone now.

He was alone on the way up, and it was a very long ride to the orbital post.  His eyes wandered, not seeing much inside the dense plastic shaft that extended beyond the atmosphere.  Listening to only the hum of the rush of air propelling him upwards, Terastas sat down, crossed his legs, and said a prayer to the elders.  It is as translated:

"Spirits of the elders, clear my eyes to the safest flight."

His ears perked up during his meditations.  He thought he could hear voices, though more internal as if they were in his head.  Finally he saw an image in his mind and heard one of them say:
~It may open his eyes to the space ways, through connected thought.~

He opened his eyes, blinking with confusion as the image stayed before him.
~Hello?~

The elders had included Terastas in the meld, though he was still unaware of such.

Offline Silver

• Male
The Game
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2003, 05:41:37 am »
OOC: Okay, just posting a quick OOC note, not posted here for a while, when they come out of slip stream, would it be okay for the ship my character has found himself in *it is an abandoned ship* to be near by *shurgs*

IC:

Zairith felt the computer flowing around him, there was no one on this hunk of metal, he scrabbled to get his mind back out of the ocmputer, knowing the lay out, like the back of his hand he sprinted to the command centre of this, much larger ship than his last, and once more interfaced himself with the computer.  Downloading his own software from his brain..Lights flickered on and a low humming noise began, the ship still had power, good...He wondered where the crew were, it didn't matter, he downloaded a copy of his computer into the main ships onboard systems, it only took a couple of seconds before the very authentic female voice entoned.

"All systems are active, I have complete control, all systems are functioning within the parameters specified.  The ship appears to be in working order."

Zairith, retracted his interface and flexed the hand on which the electrodes dug into his skin, it disturbed him sometimes that he had become so different from his people, but he could never go back, never.  He began to tap away at a keypad and the ship began to move....