Author Topic: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)  (Read 29870 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2015, 11:11:23 am »
In the Adult RP section i'm starting an RP called The syndicate
it starts out as a prison break, I think you guys might like it.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2015, 11:10:49 pm »
Got a new RP in the works.  In the process of typing out the OOC page.  It'll get up here when i get around to finishing it.

Almost done, but sleep takes priority over progress.  Besides, i'm almost done.

Hell yeah!  OOC Complete!  Only upwards from here!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:44:45 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2015, 02:44:03 am »
why bother posting about it if you're restricting it to only a certain group
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #253 on: November 17, 2015, 03:59:43 am »
Some people (myself included) enjoy reading a good RP, even if we aren't taking part. It's nice to know when something new and potentially interesting is on the way.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2015, 01:10:38 pm »

Or........why post it if nobody is going to play it.  :P

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2015, 06:10:47 pm »

Or........why post it if nobody is going to play it.  :P
I know, i know, i'm a dreamer.  A successful RP, here?  Why, that hasn't happened in years!  But i can still dream that some day i'll throw something at the wall that sticks.  :)

*Slinks away and cries in a corner*

EDIT: Still a little sore about this one Kobuk.  >:(

EDIT EDIT: *cough cough* Still waiting on that apology Kobuk.  :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:10:27 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2015, 03:36:15 pm »
How about a fallout style roleplay?
I don't really want to run one (i'm not a very good GM) but I like throwing ideas out in the hopes someone will like it.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2015, 11:22:31 pm »
I've made a rather predictable discovery.  The RPs on the adult side of the forum are doing just fine, while the main RP board lies dormant.  I'd ask what it is that makes these other RPs so much more popular, but i'm just gonna keep my guesses to myself.  Besides, i'm not sure i'd be allowed to talk about it here anyways.

In other news, i'm just going to stop fooling myself thinking i can be a GM here, or anywhere.  I'm going to stop giving attention to my (very few) current projects and see how long it takes for people to miss me.

PM me if you want to hear my life story.  #SARCASM

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2015, 02:49:40 am »
I've made a rather predictable discovery.  The RPs on the adult side of the forum are doing just fine, while the main RP board lies dormant.  I'd ask what it is that makes these other RPs so much more popular, but i'm just gonna keep my guesses to myself.  Besides, i'm not sure i'd be allowed to talk about it here anyways.

In other news, i'm just going to stop fooling myself thinking i can be a GM here, or anywhere.  I'm going to stop giving attention to my (very few) current projects and see how long it takes for people to miss me.

PM me if you want to hear my life story.  #SARCASM

The Adult board Rp's are running well because they are all 1x1 RP's
They take less effort to run
Even when RP in the regular board was getting harder to maintain, 1x1 RP's here were still doing relatively well
I think you make a splendid GM, but you let yourself get distracted very easily, and for some reason never believe yourself to have enough time to participate in an RP

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:00 am »
I wouldn't mind doing a 1x1 with someone, either the other person makes it or I make it(either would work really). Not right now though since I have finals coming up.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »
I would like to officially and openly apologize for my past actions as both GM and a RP participant.  I have looked back at my past work as both player and storyteller, and i am deeply saddened by how little i have actually accomplished.  I've made at least as much noise as any of you, but i have more abandoned OOC pages than i can remember, and only my first few RPs even made it past the drawing board.  You guys deserve better than to sign onto a ship that was never seaworthy to begin with, and i aim to correct that with future undertakings.

For this point onwards, i'm going to work harder at following through with the projects that i present to you.  I'm going to start that by making sure that Guardians of Eleonburg reaches it's full potential.  Once i get that ball rolling, i have ideas for other RPs i could set up, such as Fringe, a western RP of mine that has been waiting in the wings for nearly two years now.  But most importantly, i'm going to put more effort into staying motivated, and making sure that i'm able to provide a RPing experience that doesn't get cut short by my lack of effort.

-Tren

EDIT: Progress made since this post; ZERO.

EDIT EDIT: Oh yeah.  SOOO hard at work guys, like you wouldn't believe.  Actually, maybe you would believe, i mean, no progress is pretty much the norm for me, is it not?  I guess it wouldn't be a surprise at all to hear that i'm i've pretty much abandoned everything i've set up with GOE.  Gotta clear my plate and make something new.  Gonna start the new year with a powerful dose of nothing, i'm sure.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Wow, i'm a damn prophet, aren't i?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:46:17 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2015, 12:00:01 pm »
So in addition to Manor Blanc and Kings and Queens nearly ready to reboot, I currently have two other ideas floating about in my head.

First one being a Steven Universe-esque Rp, still in the works right now but i've got some solid ideas for it.

Second, maybe giving the idea of a cross-over RP another shot.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2015, 01:42:56 am »
Maybe something involving dragons. Feral or anthro I have yet to come to terms with. Fantasy-like. Maybe. Been a while since I hosted a real rp.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2015, 03:05:42 am »
Really, i think that Kings and Queens is going to be my favorite RP for a long time to come.

Hey, Blades.  I still stand by this, even though it's been a year and a half.  Proud of yourself?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:36 am »
I know Tren i know...I want to get it going too, we just need to pull our ship together and set to sailing on this adventure

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2015, 07:43:07 pm »
I actually meant "proud of yourself" literally, not sarcastically...  But it would be nice if we could get the reboot in order sooner rather than later.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:59 pm »
So to whom it may concern...

Kings and Queens will be starting up tomorrow after i get out of work.

and second, i'll also post in Manor Blanc around that time as well.

Just a little update i suppose so people don't start sending search parties for me :orraccoon:

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2016, 12:01:17 am »
I'm roped into this one till the end... as much as i wish that wasn't the case, sometimes.  x_x

Everyone should know their stations by now, let's make this ship set sail while i'm still sober enough to steer it.  :P

EDIT: Still working on my post, a lot of things got in the way, so i'm sorry for the delay.

EDIT EDIT: Well would ya look at that!  I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) ;) ;) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) :) ;) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) (: (: (: (: (: (: :D :D :D :D :D :D (: (: (: :D :goldlaugh: :goldlaugh: :goldlaugh: :goldlaugh: :goldthpt: :goldthpt: :goldgrin: :goldgrin: :goldgrin: :goldwink: :goldwink: :goldwink: :orfox: :orfox: :goldwink: :orraccoon: :orraccoon: :orraccoon: :ordragon: :orhorse: :orbunny: :goldglee: :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) (: (: (: :D :D :D :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:37:47 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2016, 02:28:05 pm »
So...i was thinking while Manor Blanc and Kings and Queens are going and i've got the Steven Universe RP and Fading hope on the drawing boards i had another idea.

I was thinking something along the lines of the lore of the Infamous series, dealing with a few different angles from conduits on the run and the military hunting for them to the civilians caught in the crossfire.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
I love the idea of an Infamous rp
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2016, 11:00:47 pm »
I've been wanting to get back into running RPs again.  I'm thinking of going back to the basics and setting up Pit Fighting: Season 5...

Yes, ignoring the canceled Season 3, and just plain skipping Season 4.  Of course i'd try to avoid DWARVEN HEADSHOTs and time travel calamities... and putting in other player's characters without their permission..

Jeez, that first season was a real mess, wasn't it.  Makes me wonder if bringing this series back is actually a GOOD idea.  x_x

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:07 pm »
You know what IS a good idea........ Pokemon.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2016, 11:08:14 pm »
Oh dear lord not that idea again... :P

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea, but you know how i am.  I try to build a detailed setting from the ground up... end up burnt out and abandon the project...

Oh yeah, done that more times than i can count throughout my RPing history...

Sigh...

I'll give it some thought though... you can count on THAT much. ;)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:03 am »
http://forums.furtopia.org/furry-role-playing/a-tale-of-monsters-%28pokemon-rp%29-ooc/

I went back and looked at the old OOC...  Really disappointed that i never followed through on this one, but i don't want to hear anyone saying i didn't give it my best shot.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to make this one work, but as usual i got frustrated and gave up when i felt that i had bitten off more than i could chew.

If i were to host a new RP, it would likely be a reworking of this idea.  I mean, i have a crap-ton of characters to use already!  Here's a list of all my RP characters that STARTED their existences as Pokemon.  (This isn't counting all the other named Pokemon i could use.)

Mynyah Kull: Mightyena
Chemino Kull: Mightyena
Faroe Sinclair: Linoone
Synaro Gemlin: Sandslash
Kom Arbadak: Kadabra
Jemeni Telenos: Liepard
Remia Zarlio: Dewott
Tesaelo Reciff: Herdier
Mykhaila Razortide: Vulpix
Remigio Seastone: Mudkip
Mezmeti and Tesketo: Linoone x2
Enso Vantarci: Vigoroth
Ravango: Phanpy
Skerrie: Fearow

I think it's obvious that i have more than enough raw materials to work with as fas as characters and NPCs go, so i already have half the battle fought.  Not going to give any form of ETA, but i might end up working on this idea some over the next few weeks, and we'll see where that goes.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2016, 03:50:45 am »
Okay, sorry about the absence
There was a weather situation, and an adventure
Got a foot of snow
Had to walk 12 miles in it in 20f and colder (not counting windmill)
Situation seems to have stabilized now, and I'm back online