Author Topic: Last Admin announcement from a husky.  (Read 9835 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Last Admin announcement from a husky.
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:03:13 pm »
As some people may have noticed in another forum, I am stepping down as an Admin, and am possibly leaving Furtopia. The post I make here now constitutes my last thread as an Admin in the Administerial Roars and Woofs forum.

What can I say about my time here as an Admin? Probably: Busy, Hectic, Stressful, Demanding, and a few other words. Was it fun? Maybe. It depends on how you look at it. Not fun in that you have to discipline people and make rules, etc. But fun in that you're helping to give back your time, skills, knowledge, etc. to a community that has lasted 10+ years and make this a safe, respectable, and enjoyable site for people to come to and learn about the furry fandom.

I've enjoyed my time here, but real life must come first. As I have often said from time to time in the past, being a staff person is not an easy job. And helping to manage this website isn't easy either. It takes a person of good attitude, skill, quality, temperment, trust, and especially Respect, to do the kinds of things I and the other staff members do here.

Granted, I haven't been perfect at everything I've done when I was a Watcher, then Mod, and then Admin. I do make mistakes just as much as anybody else. But I try to do the best job I can to the best of my ability to make things fair, just, and right here. And for those times I've had to discipline people and "lay down the law" so to speak, then I'm sorry. But it's a part of the job I had to do. It "comes with the territory" so to speak.

For the current (and future) staff that is helping to manage Furtopia, I wish you well in taking care of this place. :)
For the members, you've got a good site here to enjoy. Family-friendly, fun, and respectable. Use it wisely. While Furtopia may not have a lot of "perks" (services) that other places have, rest assured, you've got one of the better (or best) furry forums on the Net.

Take care, folks. *huskyhugs*

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Last Admin announcement from a husky.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »
I've already posted a few things here and there to you, but i just wanted to say, we'll never forget you, and we hope to see you every now and again. The best of luck and great support from us in all you do ;)

*big bear hugs from me to you*

~ The Bear Guy ʕ ยดᴥ` ʔ
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »
i have posted a few things in the other topic you had, but i might as well say it again ^^
it's sad to see you go Kobuk  :'( you will be missed by all of us and will never be forgotten....

ah for the hell of it *hugs again*

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »
I always loved your posts! You will be surly missed by this husky :(
Keep Smiling

Offline Graywolf440

• Male
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »
Haven't been really active here, but I figured I'd give you my best Kobuk. You will be missed a lot!
*hugs*

-Gray

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:32:27 pm »
*hugs back*

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 03:26:57 pm »
Awww whis gonna keep me from being evil now?

Joking, I'll miss you kobuk you are a really cool husky

Btw I saw the reanimator skit on youtube, you make a great zombie
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Mylo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
Take care Kobuk, and good luck in all your future endeavors, no matter what they might be. :)

Offline GingeGinge

• Species: Ginger Tabby
  • Spreading Love & Affection since 2012
  • Male
    • I Haz a Youtubez!!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:08:15 pm »
Goodbye Kobuk

safe travels, we're all gonna miss you, whatever lies outside of Furtopia, I hope it makes you as happy, and hopefully less stressed than Furtopia did.

*hugs*
furry code :
FFDf3arw A- C- D+++ H++ M- P R- T W Z+ Sm++ RLCT* a- cadln+++ d++ e+ f+ h* iw+++ j p- sm+

http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ to decode for you :)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 02:31:28 am »
ummm..... what is Kobuk doing in this youtube music video....?
http://youtu.be/p2_BUgCuTyw?t=1m23s

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 03:15:06 am »
ummm..... what is Kobuk doing in this youtube music video....?
http://youtu.be/p2_BUgCuTyw?t=1m23s

Fursuiting. :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »
So it's been a little over a month since I stepped down. How's my retirement? I'll tell you:

I HATE IT!  :goldpissed:

The damn staff sent me to this god forsaken flea infested retirement community in the middle of nowhere! The food sucks! There's no cable tv! No heat in the bedroom on cold winter nights! No activities to do around here!

Damn you, Alsek and Weisseman and Ziel and all the rest! *waves cane angrily in the air*

Haha!   :D But seriously, I guess I could say it's about 50/50. There are times when I like having more free time to myself, and then there are times when I miss this place and helping out around here. Sometimes, I get bored and I start thinking to myself "Wasn't I supposed to check on something on the forums?"   But then I have to remember that I'm not a staff person anymore and I need to let the others handle the workload. It's tough being away from a place that you spent so much time and effort into.  :(  :'(

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 11:42:48 pm »
Hey!  I need that!  D':

*Takes his cane back from kobuk,  and hobbles off....*

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 05:31:48 am »
*Sneaks into Kobuks old office and liberates half of the equipment* "Won't be needing that anymore" :D

But in all seriousness.

I could tell you missed it a bit, but it's to be expected I guess, 10 years is a very long time as you know.

I would like you to know though, that Furtopia really wouldn't be the same if you hadn't been here so long, so you really have become a main symbol of the forums, and we all thank you a lot for such a long period of service and effort, plus it's nice to see you online every now and again still :)
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 10:03:37 am »
*takes over kobuks office, barricades the door and claims it for his own*

but if you miss it so much why don't you come back? not all the way...more like part-time?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »
Part time is good. I agree with the others furtopia wouldn't of been the same had you not been here in the first place.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:41 pm »
(: I remember trying to get you to stay, but it's not my decision of course ^-^

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »
*Sneaks into Kobuks old office and liberates half of the equipment* "Won't be needing that anymore"

Sorry, but my office, and all equipment (fax machine, copier, etc.) went to Storm Fox. ;)

*takes over kobuks office, barricades the door and claims it for his own*

Presses a button on a remote, you are then secretly teleported out of the office and into a muddy swampland 100 miles away.  :D

Part-time is.......well.....it's never been done before here. Not sure how that would work.  :P