Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 83925 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1775 on: May 21, 2022, 10:57:55 pm »
Sadly I can't go to furlandia. I'm absolutely heart broken. This is the only con I go to every year and now I can't  :'(
Why do I need to be fully vaxxed? Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?
Can't we go back to the good old days?  :'(

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #1776 on: May 22, 2022, 07:52:07 pm »
Dad is considering murdering a wild rat that's been hanging around our nieborhood.
I ordered a havaheart trap but dad also has a bb gun that could probably kill a rat.
Never knew my dad could be so violent, he's never acted violent before  :(

That SUX. Had the same problems with my old man and chipmunks and mousies. I talked him out of killing the chipmunks by printing out information that proved the old wive's tales about chipmunks and damage to foundations was just that: an old wive's tale.

More nonsense when the mousies invaded. I got a Hav-aHeart from the hardware store and caught all of them. He insisted they were "filthy animals"; I showed him these mousies playing in a water dish, and asked one question: "How 'filthy' can they be if they like playing in water and regularly bathing?". He had no answer, but he also didn't kill them.

Sadly I can't go to furlandia. I'm absolutely heart broken. This is the only con I go to every year and now I can't  :'(
Why do I need to be fully vaxxed? Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?

I'm in the same situation, Firelight. I have been to just about every AnthrOhio since the con began as Morphicon back in Ought 4. This year, AnthrOhio declared pure bloods unwelcome. Believe me, AnthrOhio '19 was my last AnthrOhio. I won't be back.

"Why do I need to be fully vaxxed?" Because the Chair and Board of Furlandia are idiots. By excluding pure bloods, and insisting that all guests take those clot chots, they could very welll have blood on their hands. There is no reason why you should take an injection of an untested, never before tried, experimental genetic modification that has been proved to be neither effective nor safe. I know I was saying back in '21 that "I was dying to attend a con", but I didn't mean it literally.

"Why can't we just have fun like used to, when no one was bothered by vaxx stats?"

Joe Biteme, that quack and puppy tormentor, Tony Fraudci, Al Bourla, Steffi Bancel, and Wall St fat cats need your help to drive up share prices. That's more important than fun, especially for a peasent like you and the rest of us. As George Carlin put it: "It's a big club and you ain't in it".

Want your good old days back? Then take them back!. That means mass noncompliance. That means telling the Chair and Board of Furlandia that you are through with them, that you are never going to attend another one of their cons. You don't beg, you don't plead, you hit 'em where it really hurts: in the bank account. Thta's the only way you're ever going to get back to "normal".
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1777 on: May 22, 2022, 09:13:15 pm »
I'd LOVE to show off my fursuit of Firelight who I got three years(?) ago, but haven't been able to go to any cons since. I guess I'll have to wait next year. Hopefully everyone will chill out about Covid. Can't use it as an excuse forever.

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #1778 on: May 23, 2022, 03:02:32 am »

^
|

I hear ya. I'm still waiting for One Fur All to get my fursuit done. Back in '18, they said two years. Then the fakedemic set them way back. The last I heard, there were a dozen orders to fill before they could start on mine, so it looks like another two years.

I don't know your situation, but at least there are furcons close enough that do welcome everyone, regardless of "vaccination" status. Looks like I'll be going to Mephit Fur Meet from now on.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1779 on: June 03, 2022, 10:48:09 pm »
Car A/C died after it was fixed.  Hmmm... guess maybe this time I will either fix it "right" or forget about it.
I am getting tired.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1780 on: June 05, 2022, 05:02:08 pm »
I don't have all the details but here's what I know.
Some people have the road i have been living on and it looks like everyone living here is going to have to leave.

This sucks...
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1781 on: June 08, 2022, 04:01:13 pm »
Trying to take pictures of some of my models so I can post them to website model galleries..........and failing.  :'(
All I've got is a cheap, old Sony point and shoot digital camera that's maybe 10 years old to work with. Not many settings on the camera are adjustable either.
I desperately need a new camera. But it'll have to wait till maybe tax refund time next year.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1782 on: June 09, 2022, 11:12:19 am »
Kobuk, sometimes better lighting can compensate for a camera issue.
Sorry about that.  I used a $35 camera at work, and it was always in soft focus...it also weighed like 1 ounce.
I bet that is cheaper than what you have!  Sony are always better than that!

My bad news is that I have injured my back again, and have a hard time doing ... anything.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)