Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 50799 times)

Offline ominipotentgoldfish

• Special When Lit
  • Male
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2010, 02:41:09 am »
Can't stand being barefoot, honestly.  I always at least have socks on, and if not that, well... then slippers.  The only time I'm barefoot is when I'm asleep.  Mostly because I'm super paranoid that I'll step on glass, or some other sharp object if I don't have shoes on.  Even swimming, I wear fancy sandals that cover most of my feet.
Even Speedwagon is afraid! D:

Offline RainDance

• I bite.
  • Female
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2010, 01:51:31 pm »
I usually walk around barefoot. Shoe make me feel unbalanced and constricted. I find if I'm wearing shoes, I trip over the ground a lot more. I like walk around without shoes because I can feel the ground and know exactly was going on down there. It kinda sucks if I'm walking on rocks though...
Lookie. I has a Signature space.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »
Can't wait for next winter's gift exchange. I am totally buying RainDance a pair of strappy 4" stilleto high heels. Just need to figure out her shoe size first. hey Goldfish, you know?

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »
I have a job that calls for freepawing.

I'm a life-guard, and my pool has a strict "No shoes on deck" rule  :D

Offline Battery

• Male
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07:04 pm »
I wear flip flops most of summer and sometimes during winter if I need to :D
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2010, 10:53:33 am »
I bought these cute sandals that are made entirely of cord (cotton, I think) at the CO ren faire. They're extremely lightweight so it feels like going barefoot. I'll give anyone the company name, for when you must have shoes on.

I can't wear them at work, though. :(
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline killrhawk

• A furry with feathers
  • Male
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2010, 12:33:07 pm »
I go free-pawed as much as I can and I think my feet are getting less sensitive. I can do a bit of time in the snow, but not very much.
Have PSN? Add me!
    Killrhawk

Thanks so much to Aerisyka for the avatar!

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2010, 12:49:02 pm »
Never heard the term "freepawing" before...ever. o.o The only times I wear shoes is when I need to go inside an establishment building (or if its way too hot sand/tarmac) Pretty much have paws now without the pawpads. >:3 Rocks and such don't phase me much as I'm used to it. Used to by shy about being barefoot, idk why. Now it doesn't phase me and I have to remind myself to wear shoes. x3

Offline Foxxhoria

• Male
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »
If I lived in a hotter country I think I'd go 'freepawed' a bit more.  I went on a school trip to Spain once, and all around the holiday site I was barepawed pretty much all the time except in the cafeteria, as the pool was just on the small hill above our chalets and we went to it frequently, and as it's Spain they don't really have much care for things like that, it's too hot :p
I think the weather we have in like the UK just really doesn't invite the sort of culture that's more liberal about being barefoot.  (The US kind of inherited this I think.)

I go to the woods however in sandals nearly every chance I get, on really hot days, and take them off in some of the quieter parts (away from the more major footpaths, I don't want weird looks :D)  It is pleasant, and I'm usually wearing some fairly shortish shorts as well (as it's a hot day), so I can really feel the warmth of the ground and and the wind and things, it is nice  :)  And afterwards it's really nice to wade through the stream to get all the dirt off.  :)
Understanding leads to empathy,
Empathy leads to admiration,
Admiration leads to love

Optimism leads to disappointment,
Pessimism leads to joy,
although, with optimism you are happy almost all the time,
and pessimism you are sad almost all the time.

Where's the line between being bored and generally too lazy to do anything? :p

Offline Wandering_Smoke

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »
I am always barefoot at home. I like the feeling of dirt, grass and weeds but I wear shoes outside most of the time. I love to drive barefoot, especially when I go for a serious run on the mountain roads.
PSN:  RUNSATWALL

Offline leathefurrylion

• was that a mouse!?
  • Female
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2010, 02:20:40 pm »
Never heard the term "freepawing" before...ever. o.o The only times I wear shoes is when I need to go inside an establishment building (or if its way too hot sand/tarmac) Pretty much have paws now without the pawpads. >:3 Rocks and such don't phase me much as I'm used to it. Used to by shy about being barefoot, idk why. Now it doesn't phase me and I have to remind myself to wear shoes. x3
same here i actually have gotten to the grocery and suddenly realized i didnt put shoes on and had to make the trip again, thus i keep a pair of season appropriat shoes in the car under my seat
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Pet's name: Kyra
[url=http://

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »
Hate having my socks off, always keep them on, even when sleeping, feels too weird to take them off.
I realise this is unhealthy XD However when I get tired feet when out walking its quite nice and rather liberating to take my shoes off to walk just in my socks :D

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2010, 05:05:54 pm »
I drive without shoes a lot. Often times I go places that either require me to never get out of the car, like a drive thru, or barely walking at all, in which case I bring sandals but don't wear them.

I actually like driving without shoes more because I can feel the gas and break better and have more control over them. I've already checked many sources and yes, driving in Georgia without shoes is legal. In fact, Georgia is the only state where truckers are not required to wear shoes.

Long live the South!
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2010, 06:56:13 pm »
I drive without shoes a lot. Often times I go places that either require me to never get out of the car, like a drive thru, or barely walking at all, in which case I bring sandals but don't wear them.

I actually like driving without shoes more because I can feel the gas and break better and have more control over them. I've already checked many sources and yes, driving in Georgia without shoes is legal. In fact, Georgia is the only state where truckers are not required to wear shoes.

Long live the South!

I drive without shoes all the time.  I was a truckdriver also, and though it was difficult to get used to at first, I drove without shoes all the time.  I never got pulled over at a DOT checkpoint barefoot though.  I never really thought that it might be against the law... I mean, shoes dont really help you drive.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Onyx Storm

• Umm... Woof!
  • Male
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »
I never put shoes on i don't own shoes only flipflops for places i have to have something on my feet, and for work oh boy those combat boots hurt, i get over it just one more way to condition my feet, no weird images but my feet are almost black i stepped on a screw once bout an inch went right through my big toe without hurting at all blood of course i tied a sock around my toe so it would stop bleeding but it worked i was kinda surprised. i'll end this here, so i guess i can say i always go bare paw.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:02:02 pm by dark husky »
I wonder why that frisbee is getting bigger...    and then it hits me.

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:02 pm »
Most of the time I am freepaw unless I am doing something that requires shoes. I like feeling the earth beneath me and I feel like can get cooler without shoes or socks on a hot day.
Icon by Shynjy. Visit his FA for goodies!

Offline Raven_Relik

• Female
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2010, 01:17:55 am »
Its intresting iv never realy thought about it before but i only wear shoes when i absolutly have to like at school or work for example as soon as im home i take them off i even go shoping and in town without my shoes

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2010, 06:22:56 pm »
Its intresting iv never realy thought about it before but i only wear shoes when i absolutly have to like at school or work for example as soon as im home i take them off i even go shoping and in town without my shoes

Yeah, I'd do the same but walking around town here, in Atlanta with no shoes is not a good idea. Lots of broken glass and garbage everywhere. Even the malls, they're so huge that there's bound to be dangerous debris all over them.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline leathefurrylion

• was that a mouse!?
  • Female
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:16 am »
yeah i live in metro atlanta and have to keep shoes in the car, but i keep an eye out for glass, pepples dont bug me and niether do hot and cold but glass hurts alot! and cigarett butts arent anyfun to step on either!

Yeah, I'd do the same but walking around town here, in Atlanta with no shoes is not a good idea. Lots of broken glass and garbage everywhere. Even the malls, they're so huge that there's bound to be dangerous debris all over them.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Pet's name: Kyra
[url=http://

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2010, 08:24:07 pm »
I went to the cardio-room at my school to work out today, and the teacher sitting at the desk in there, was wearing a pair of those 5-finger shoes!

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2010, 10:08:28 pm »
I went to the cardio-room at my school to work out today, and the teacher sitting at the desk in there, was wearing a pair of those 5-finger shoes!
You know you liked it. >.>

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2010, 10:09:17 pm »
You know you liked it. >.>

I was playing DDR, and running, mostly.

I noticed right as I was walking out. They were bright pink  :o

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2010, 10:14:10 pm »
Female teacher, right? If it were on a buff dude, I bet you would burst out laughing. :D

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:05 pm »
I'm doing it right now! Heck, I'd do it more often if the streets were clean enough and it wasn't freezing.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2010, 10:30:50 pm »
^This. I wish it was warmer so I could freepaw more often.
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3