Author Topic: Wearing a tail in public  (Read 98025 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
Re: Wearing a tail in public
« Reply #475 on: May 04, 2013, 10:55:13 pm »
I wanna start wearing my to every high class restaurant I go to, which the only time I go to really nice dinning establishments is during conventions. I wanna wear mine again too the place I went to during Furry Weekend Atlanta just to see if they remember me, as I'm probably the only person that's attended there restaurant, while wearing a tail, collar, and high quality straight jacket. I also plan to wear mine after I transfer to UNCA to classes starting in Fall 2014, since I'll be in a new town and all that so I can kind of start over XD and just be that Weird Shy Gothic Furry Nerd again XDDD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #476 on: May 06, 2013, 01:59:08 am »
I would like to get a tail, but my parents don't even know that I'm a furry. Although if questions start being asked I have already written a 1200 word 2 1/2 page essay so I could easily explain myself.

If I ever get a tail I would most likely just wear it around the house because I have no self-confidence whatsoever, but then again I might wear it public and screw dignity just because I like being 'different'.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:44:46 am by flatout442 »
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2013, 07:14:47 am »
I would like to get a tail, but my parents don't even know that I'm a furry. Although if questions start being asked I have already written a 1200 word 2 1/2 page essay so I could easily explain myself.

If I ever get a tail I would most likely just wear it around the house because I have no self-confidence whatsoever, but then again I might wear it public and screw dignity just because it like being 'different'.

Although there is no rule against using other darker text colors or really small font sizes, The staff ask out of "common courtesy" to all our members to please refrain from excessively using very dark colors/small font sizes, and making posts hard to read and enjoy by the forum membership. Thanks. ;)
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #478 on: May 06, 2013, 03:04:14 pm »
^
|
^
|

I was gonna start using Navy all the time but when I posted I noticed how dark it was.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Holly Wolf

• No.
  • Female
« Reply #479 on: May 07, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
Although I don't have one at the moment, I'll just make a look-alike of my fursuit tail and frolic along everywhere with it, get a good few stares.
Avast! Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear. For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!

Furtopia's own hater girl.

Offline Revant

• Hi there.
« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »
^
|
^
|

I was gonna start using Navy all the time but when I posted I noticed how dark it was.

You want to go here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/the-forum-test-lab/text-colors/msg891673/?boardseen#new

There are people who really think a tail gives a bad image, I don't understand how since it doesn't identify immediately with anything illegal or negative. Not many people seem to know what furry is so I don't worry about the stereotype, I wouldn't be bothered to say that I am a furry but it would take too much time to explain it. I decided to wear my tail anyways, no one can say its wrong.
What color is a chameleon on a mirror?
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Offline calypso

• Female
« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »
I'm hoping to get a tail and ears soon.  :D I'm not that shy when it comes to the things I wear, so once I get them, I'm just going to go everywhere with them.  :)
Meow =^..^=

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »
There are people who really think a tail gives a bad image, I don't understand how since it doesn't identify immediately with anything illegal or negative. Not many people seem to know what furry is so I don't worry about the stereotype, I wouldn't be bothered to say that I am a furry but it would take too much time to explain it. I decided to wear my tail anyways, no one can say its wrong.

I can kind of see where they're coming from.  Like every alternative style of dress, a person should be able to turn it off, and while it might be a way to have fun, it shuldn't be a requirement for fun.  There should be a little consideration before just going out wearing a tail, since while it isn't doing anything wrong, it might be inappropriate for the setting or look a bit 'off'.  Before wearing it out, you should ask yourself "Where am I going?  Who am I with?  What else will I be wearing?  Is there any special occasion?"
If you're going to be some place crowded or where people are going to be trying to work or concentrate, it probably isn't a great idea since they can be a bit distracting and can also accidentally hit somebody or invade their space.  If you're with a group of friends, generally you can get away with a little bit more 'fun' ways of dressing, even if they aren't also wearing tails.  I think of tails as accessories, so they should make sense with your outfit.  A tail paired with some sweats is going to look worse and somehow stranger than if paired with a full subculture outfit.  And finally, if there is a formal event you're attending, unless otherwise stated, leave it at home.  If it's a costume party, meet-up, or generally a 'fun day' go right ahead.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Xephe Wolf

• Species: Main: Red panda, but sadly I cant change the name of my account to what I want.
  • Always somewhere in the world...
  • Male
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:12 am »
 :D well, i just wear one casually around. i get a few stares or maybe a tug( it's durable) but i like expressing myself because it's me and i shouldn't care is someone hates me for it.
People say chuck norris is strong and the best.I don't think so. If he were so strong, then he would
bash my face into the keyboa 6098[]\[]\;[;[[]p0653tipogfcjkt4987348uij!@#$%^*&&&&&&(

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #484 on: July 03, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »
You know if you don't go "showing it off" no one really cares all that much, unless it's really out of place then you'll turn a few heads XD
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline BlackOut

• Male
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2013, 02:42:46 pm »
I really want to get a tail and wear it around, but I live in a small town area where nobody knows what a furry is, I know a few that do but they just know what it is, they are not furries. But I don't think I should wear ears and a tail around, people at my school would take them and then hide them somewhere then burn them or even just throw them in the dump somewhere where I couldn't find them. I feel if I had someone else that would do this with me, this wouldn't happen but yea I'm out of luck :(
Forever a furry :D

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #486 on: July 26, 2013, 06:22:00 pm »
I wear my tail in public every time i get a chance.  I just don't wear it at work or around the wife.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • What are you looking at?
  • Female
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »
I wore my new tail on a dog walk just yesterday! It's brown and tan. 8)

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2013, 02:43:39 am »
Time to crash some white collar workers nice dinner out. I'm going to Atlanta again in two months, and but of course I got reservations at one of the most fancy high class restaurants in Atlanta again, and but of course I plan to wear my tail when I go along with my collar, tripp pants, and straight jacket; I may wear a wig and ears not decided yet. However I'll also be in the company of about 4 other cosplayers (My sister and friends whole will also probably all have tails as well). Time to turn some heads and get glares and stairs while enjoying the best quality food Atlanta has to offer :D
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline Minilog

• Female
« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2013, 07:03:41 pm »
I'm still a bit self conscious about my tail in public because of a a few mean comments i've gotten from random strangers or sometimes people whispering things about me like "look at that freak" or "is she wearing at tail?what a weirdo" i've even had people pointing and laughing at me in my own street.It's really been bringing me down lately but i'm going to keep wearing it regardless.I'm proud to be a furry and as long as i'm not causing any harm what's wrong with wearing tails?as long as im happy why does it matter what other people think :D

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2013, 10:41:39 pm »
Soooooo I wore my tail on a bunch of roller coasters the other day :D That was fun! (:

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #491 on: August 01, 2013, 03:16:20 am »
Soooooo I wore my tail on a bunch of roller coasters the other day :D That was fun! (:
surprised they didn't get all blarg about that
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:48 am »

Well it's partially because I work there but I was surprised as well  :D

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #493 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:30 pm »

I wore one of mine to Disneyland.  Some of the staff were like "Omg, that's cute!"

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

I wore one of mine to Disneyland.  Some of the staff were like "Omg, that's cute!"

@Emma: Woot now I has two people that I know that work at theme parks/etc.

@bkatt500: I was going more along the lines of dangling item on a roller coaster = usually frowned upon
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »
@bkatt500: I was going more along the lines of dangling item on a roller coaster = usually frowned upon

I think in general most coasters you sit, so unless it's really, really, long, you'll just sit on it with it contained in the car and it wouldn't dangle at all.  Like the tip might peek out if you point it towards the door, but probably by even less than a tall person's knee would.

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #496 on: August 14, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »
I think in general most coasters you sit, so unless it's really, really, long, you'll just sit on it with it contained in the car and it wouldn't dangle at all.  Like the tip might peek out if you point it towards the door, but probably by even less than a tall person's knee would.
True, depends on the type of roller coaster...
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline LD101

• Lol Hex
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:11 am »
Look I got my tail. It is so awesome I love it soooo much http://fluffnstuff-fursuits.deviantart.com/art/LD-s-tail-unfinished-394367284
What can you catch but not throw.

(A COLD)

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2013, 11:50:40 am »
I'm getting a new tail in 4.5 weeks my last one ... the fur was too thick I realized so it's overly puffy ... and yeah... so New Tail :D
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #499 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:47 am »
I'm getting a tail first, like trio coloured. Then I would wear it around my house and front garden  (: :) (:

After getting my tail. I'm getting a Partial. Then after some time I tranform it into fullsuit  :goldthpt:
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal