Author Topic: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.  (Read 21088 times)

Offline DutchWolf

Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Reply #650 on: September 13, 2018, 07:41:26 pm »
From an outsider's standpoint and point of view, primarily one from an EU viewpoint anyway.

The perspective here from people in the EU is that the it does not really matter who govern's the U.S government as president. Regardless of democrat or republican, the same policies are continued regardless of prior political promises during the campaign.

I am really no fan of Trump, As i was not a fan of "lets blow the russians up" hillary either at the time with her weird blackouts and involuntary spasms that made me of the firm belief she should not be either in charge of a nuclear arsenal. Not to mention all the skeletons in the closet she should answer for. Benghazi would be the first she needs to be trialed for in court.

Both where unsuitable and incapable to be leaders, yet the system does not allow more than two candidates.

And each presidential candidate says one thing during campaigns, but as soon they take office. they revert back to "business as usual" as it always have been U.S Policy. Barack Obama was hailed as a peacemaker when he was elected in the E.U. Berlin was packed with people to see him. instead he bombed more country's with means of covert warfare than his predecessor did.

Trump campaigned on the same promise to withdraw the U.S millitary's from confict zones, and again. they are kept in place and instead of de-escalating. situations are escalated millitarily with potentially dangerous and unpredictable, uncontrollable outcomes.

how can two politicians from two radical different directions of the political spectrum, that both campaigned on the promise of peace, take office and switch within a short ammount of time to pro-war?.

What makes the E.U for example to question the U.S position in the world is not Trump itself. it is for example Trump making promises with E.U Leaders and with Leaders like Erdogan of Turkey and Putin of Russia. and for exampe Bolton follows shortly after and he contradicts everything and takes a hostile tone with Russia instead.

It results in both in geopolitical ally and enemy alike question who really is in charge of U.S foreign policy. 

i am not sure how this all is viewed on in the U.S, but the rest of the world views this as the U.S being highly unstable in regards of political leadership and its consistency with its constant appearance of undermining authority of its president and letting it appear as there is an "deep state" element really at play at the level of govenment decision making. From who will come the order?. some war-hawk? or the legitimate goverment?.

For Europeans, we cant go to the supermarket and not run in an war monument of some battle. we are still clearing up the landmines from world war2. when we want to put a railway down we find another massive WW2 bomb we need to disarm and our bomb technicians are sitting there with the sweat in their cracks because this thing has been rottting there for 50 years.

Europeans think very long and very hard now if a decision made overseas from the safety of the Pentagon/congress/White House is in the best interrests of Europe.

Even for a short domestic example, that Trump switched on the money printer's. it is true, he actually did that. and it will not fix the problem.

But, when the U.S has been a state of non-stop war even before 2001. how much do you think that costs?. to fly and ship everything in from half across the world from factory to deployment zone?. for almost 20 years now?.  It is known in the world that the U.S waged its war on terror in China's creditcard. and now China want to see their interrest rate returns.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

As to clarify my opinions and points of views, i am by no way an american hater. i got dozens of friends in the U.S. some of them get even attacked for expressing their concerns with U.S (foreign) policies and/or politics and get stamped as being not patriots and being traitors. while such people even served in combat roles and risked life and limb for their country.

i feel free speech and debate should be possible. regardless if those debates might adress sensitive topics. and that is why i wrote this as a reply.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #651 on: September 14, 2018, 09:27:53 am »
President Trumps ex campign manager agreed to work with the special
counsel for a reduced prison sentance. I wonder if Trump will try to
pardon the man expecting it to shut him up. Well that could start a
legal merry go around as the special counsel can force him to answer
questions under threat of jail. No 5th amendment protection once
 pardoned. Trump can keep trying to  save him, but
it will look very suspicious after while.

Thank you Dutch Wolf. This country has a problem in that the billionair class
want to run the country. When humans become super rich they of course
want to protect their wealth. So they try to keep the party in power who
will do the best job of it. Or a president who will.

President Trump to me was the worst of two choices for president. Because
he is a egomaniac. H Clinton may have been a poor choice, but she had a
record of helping people. Unlike Trump who only helps himself. Trump appears to
have a mental problem in that he can't concentrate on anything for long. He
 doesn't appear to be able to  see anything in depth. An idea pops in this
head and he wants to go with it. Even if it may cause a lot of harm to the
country over time. A good president looks for and takes advice from people
who know the facts. Not deciding because it sounds good.

It's good to hear the European point of view from a European instead of
the news where we hear their point of view. We are lucky in our courtry
 where we don't have to worry about being blown up everytime a backhoe
digs it's bucke into the ground. We do find a cannon ball from our civil war,
some of which can explode. But they are few.

I agree we shouldn't be using China's money to keep our country afloat. But
our political parties like to play who can spend or save the most money. The GOP
cuts taxes for the rich claiming it will make jobs. Which it has little effect. The
Democrats want to rasie taxes to balance the budget. The last time we had a
 balanced budget was during the Clinton administration.

So instead of continuing to keep a balanced budget the GOP unbalanced it
when they took power. Of course the 911 attack required a military responnse,
but President Bush decided to attack Iraq to  help big oil in this country. Using
the excuse that Iraq was building weapons of mass distruction. This war
totally unbalanced power in the middle east, and we have been paying for it ever
since.

No sociYou can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:35:07 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2018, 09:59:24 am »
President Trump is running out of people who will lie for him. Eight people who worked
in Trumps campaign have pled guilty of  federal crimes. If it had been one or two we might
overlook it as a problem anyone could get caught up in. But for a man who said he was
going to hire the best people it's looking pretty bad. If these people are an example of
what Trump thinks are the best, we have a serious problem. Trump appears to think
 criminals do the best job. Granted some politicians turn out to be crooks, but at least
they are rare.

So far the Trump administration is doing a good job with rescue following hurricane
Florence. The storm is still in progress so how it al lends will take time.  There are 
people in Texas who are still waiting on Fima to help them out. That's from last year.
That doesn't include Fima's mess in Peurto Rico.

With the midterm election looming I think we can be sure those affected by this storm
will get some of the best help ever fromthe GOP and Trump.

The sexual impropriety by the nomiee for the supreme court is being
call a last minute attempt to prevent his appointment. Personally I think
it was held back to see if it was needed. After all the lade who is making
the accusation knows the GOP and Trump will try to call it a lie. 

Just more evidence the GOP puts their agenda above morality and the
rights of minorities, women, handicapped and the LGBT. This doesn't
count the GOP's efforts to let big business damage the environment. Not
counting their denial of global warming. They know a conservative
supreme court will help them achieve their goals.

It's all about keeping power. They know as the country becomes more
deverse they must limit voting to those who support them. Otherwise
their power will be lost, likely forever with less than a third of voters.

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2018, 09:14:44 am »
President Trump is cutting off aid to  Christian refugees in Israel. He claims they
 arn't real refugees. I think it's because they have dark skin instead of white.
Trump has a history of not wanting to help people of color. This will likely cause
more trouble in the middle east instead of helping. Palestinians are not going to
settle for a one state answer. They want to decide their own fate, not what
Trump thinks they should.

It's day four as hurricane Florence crawls across the Carolina's. Downgraded
to a tropical storm it's still  dumping rain hour after hour. Wind gusts toppling
trees on power lines and houses. Some places may be without power for a month.
or more.

Will President Trump try to play politics with Hurricane Florence? I wouldn't be
surprised as he is with last years hurricane that hit Puerto Rico. I have already
heard GOP members bragging on how much help Trump has been to them. It is
great these people are getting the help they need, but phone calls require
very little effort on Trumps part. He plans going to areas where the hurricane
hit. I have a hunch he will turn the visits into campign speeches for the GOP and
himself.

The GOP (Just say no party) when Obama tried to push for infrastructure repair
wouldn't do anything fearing it would make President Obama look good. So
now people are being flooded in part due to dams needing repair and can't
be used to help with flood control.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:34:40 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #654 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:51 am »
The GOP can pat them selves on the back, because in Texas they decided to remove Helan Kellar from
third grade history books. Shows how much they care about the handicapped. This woman who was
both blind and deaf created braille. A touch accessible form of printing so the blind could read. I guess
they don't want kids learning that some people can't see to read. Kids should be taught that even with
serious handicaps, people can add to society. Look at Steven Hawkins. Even though he couldn't move
or talk on his own added greatly to the scientific community.

The Presidents nominee for the supreme court is calling the woman who said he sexually assaulted her a
lier. He has been at the White house so perhaps Trump has been telling him how to lie. We know
Trump desperately wants this man on the supreme court to protect him. You suppose he has swore a
loyalty oath to  Trump? It's a fact the man really wants the job, so I am sure he will say anything to
get the votes. He has already put himself under suspicion of lieing to congress.

The GOP should stand up on their hind feet and tell Trump to pick another. But no, they are afraid of
his tweets. The entire list Trump got from the federalist society  will fit the bill, but Trump wants a
fixer on the supreme court. Otherwise he might be kicked out of office, and sent to jail. Trump doesn't
care how much pain or loss of rights this man might cause as a hard right conservative.

I imagine as it was the appointment of Clarence Thomas this nominee will be believed
over the woman. The committee who will decide has 11 old men (GOP), some of which
 might be guilty of similar acts in their past. It's time we had more women making
congressional decisions and laws.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:45:10 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #655 on: September 18, 2018, 10:27:32 am »
President Trump is wanting to release secret documents claiming it will show
 what started the investigation of his campaign and it's involvement with Russia.
This information will likely reveal secrets that may hurt the country. Trump doesn't
care as long as it helps him. It's likely  Trump is hoping it will disrupt the special
counsels investigation of him.

Will the GOP give the woman who has accused the supreme court nominee
of sexual assault a hard time? If they do it will likely enrage women accross
the nation.  Trump and the GOP are complaining  that this woman should have
come forward months ago. I suppose it would have been fine if it had been
revealed after the man took office. That would  have been an embarrassment to
 the court.

The GOP and Trump don't want the FBI to investigate the accusation  because
it would delay the appointment.  They wantt to use the appointment to get
votes.  in the midterm election..

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #656 on: September 19, 2018, 08:59:20 am »
Will President Trump go on a firing spree after the election? He is still calling his attorney
general names, and is mad because he won't defend him by stopping the special counsels
investigation.

The GOP and Trump are unwilling to investigate the claim of assault by the supreme court
nominee. Reports say he was a drunk and chased after girls in high school. Also believed
 men should show their sexual dominance over women. Also said it's best for him and
others to keep their extra curricular activities quiet to this day. He can claim he was a
wild kid, but I think most of us would admit we haven't changed a great deal since
our late teens. To mee this shows what the mans base feelings about women are.

President Trump is showing the flag in the Carolinas today. Telling everyone how much
help he is ready to give them. Trump says the words, but there is no empathy in his heart
for them. This storm gives him an opertunity to gain or keep votes. You can be sure any
interaction between the public has been planned. They showed someone driving up
beside the president. There is no way the secrete service would allow anyone to do
that unless it was planned with a government driver posing as a storm victim.

I  wonder how long Trump will keep those affected in mind? In a couple months the election
will be over and I wouldn't be surprised if these people are forgotten. Just like those who suffered
losses in last years hurricanes. Many of which are still waiting on Fima to help. This storm caused
multiple billions in damage, so it will take congressional action to provide the funding.

Personally I never could understand why people want to see our leaders at a disaster. Now
a century ago I could see why people might want to as it shows the leader knows and cares.
 Now days with all the media attention they already know what a leader is doinng. Not just a face
in the distance for most. In the past it was a real caring effort to show up at a disaster. Now it's
a walk in the park. Less effort than playing golf.  I am not directly picking on Trump, but the
money could be better spent helping people. No matter who is running the government.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:09:02 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #657 on: September 20, 2018, 09:13:16 am »
President Trump and the GOP are pushing to pass another tax cut. They claim it
will bring even more money back into the country. They say big business  will
invest trillions of these dollars here. Well so far the big tax cut of last year has
only brought back 12% of the money Trump and the GOP claimed it would.
This is  a high estimate at that. I doubt if big business has Trillions of dollars,
much less bring it back. It's just another tax cut for the rich, and Trump. 

If the GOP holds power after the election they will pass their tax cut and put 
more conservative judges in the court system. They will cut medicaid, social 
security, and medicare. They have been wanting to do this for many years.
They will use the excuse that there isn't enough money and have to make
the cuts. Yet they have the money to cut taxes for big business and the
richest of us all.

The chairman of the judicial committee has set a deadline at 10am on Friday for
the woman to give them a written testimony about the sexual assault she has
claimed against the nominee for the supreme court.  Otherwise they will proceed
with a vote recommending the man for the supreme court.

Is this a test of will by the GOP senate? Or do they really plan to ignore such an
act by their nominee? Are they betting this would be the least of their problems.
11 old men may decide that this woman is just confused. It would be a repeat
of how they treated Anita Hill in 1991. Seems when men gain wealth or power
they feel they can push women around like a slaves. They hold the promise of
advancment of better jobs for sexual favors. Or the threat of loosing a good
job if they refuse.

It's time women stood up to show men they arn't just a peice of meat laid
out for a mans enjoyment. If they don't it will continue as it has for centuries.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #658 on: September 21, 2018, 09:55:12 am »
North Korea is asking for more concessions to denuclearize. Well they are apparently still building
bombs and missles. It's very likely the leader of N Korea is testing Trump. He knows Trump wants a
win. He also knows Trump will bend to his will as long as he helps Trump look good. Hopefully
Trump doesn't do somthing stupid if he finds out he has been made a fool of.

The GOP are worried over this supreme court nomination. They see to think if they don't appoint
this man their base will feel disappointed in them. There isn't any reason to put this terrible individual
on the supreme court. Trump has a long list of hard right conservatives for the court.

The evangelical community supports this man saying he is a good man and has been for many years. Well
they have no room to talk. So called good evangelical people have killed others, some with the excuse
of saving babies. Since the supreme court allowed abortion in the learly 1970's the number of abortions has
dropped. Also many women were dieing getting abortions in back allies and by trying to do it themselves.
I am not a fan of abortion, but I think that should be between a woman and her GOD, not by government
decree. Unfortunately some  people think they know what a god wants them to do, even to kill.

President Trump came out and said why didn't this woman make a complaint to the police when
she was supposedly attacked? Unfortunately many men feel this way. Well not being a
woman they really shouldn't think they know how women feel when assaulted by anyone.

Many men have a bad habit of supporting each other under these conditions. It's likely due to not
wanting to give up their imagined dominance  over women. A historical control by men women
have had to live with down through time. Many women are still taught to use men's ego to survive,
and keep the peace at home. Over the last 50 years many women have been fighting for their
rights as being equal to men. They have made gains,  but it is a slow hard fight as many men feel
women belong in the home. Some men take their role as a bread winner so serious, they will commit
 suicide after killing wife and children if they fail. It seems some men are hard wired to think they should
dominate women. Many women are running for political office this year. They must not be discuraged
if they loose, because men won't give up control without a fight.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #659 on: September 22, 2018, 09:14:13 am »
The GOP talks about the socalled "Deep State". Trouble is there is one behind
the GOP. There are several supporting non elected groups working to shape the
government in their image, and they are using the GOP to do it. Both parties have
similar supporters, but it's mainly the GOP who has the "Deepest State".

It seems the deputy attorney general is accused of trying to remove the president
using the 25th amendment of the constitution. He denies it, but you can be sure
it pains Trump a lot to  think someone he picked could be so disloyal.  Will Trump
fire him? Or will Trump wait till after the election to purge his administration.

Many of the people Trump has hired have an agenda of their own. So Trump shouldn't
be surprised if they turn against him. It's likely why this white house has had the highest
number of leaks to the press than any other.

Will the GOP hurt themselves by putting a man who is accused of trying to rape a
young woman on the supreme court? Do they think the public doesn't care what he
may have done? The leader of the senate is saying he doesn't care because the
country needs a conservative court. The GOP leadership have gotten themselves
in a corner and have to push for this man or risk loosing votes during the midterm.
If it continues without a vote they may decide to move on to a man who they can
put in without so much controversy. Only time will tell.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:19:58 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #660 on: September 23, 2018, 09:46:39 am »
The GOP is the party of the richest Americans, so of course they are going to be against
socialistic ideas. They don't care if women have abortions or not. In fact they would just
send a wife or daughter to another country if she wanted an abortion.  Abortion is just
a way to get votes for a party that does little for the public at large. They are against
the LGBT to get more votes. Truth be known many powerful man pay for sex. Some go to
the far east to abuse young girls that are forced into sex slavery. These girls are then
either killed or tossed into the streets once they are no longer desirable.  Several years 
ago a woman who was in the business of providing women for sex to those in government.
 She threatened to expose her clientele. She was apparently paid off as the public
was never told who her clients were.

It would be interesting to know if any of those on the judicial  committee or the
 nominee was on that womans list. Perhaps even Trump. We will likely never know.
People of money and power work hard to protect these dirty secrets.

It appears the woman who is accusing the supreme court nominee of rape  will testify in
front of the senates judicial committee. It seems the 11 republican senators want to hide
behind a woman lawyer who will ask the questions instead. 11 brave men who are afraid
of a woman they want to call a lier or confused. Some say they can't let a accusation ruin
the nominees life. This is ridiculous as he already has a job as a federal judge. A job many
lawyers would love to have.

It's time we put people in congress who care more about the country than their party. There
isn't anything wrong with standing up for those who elected them, but the average voter
 doesn't have enough information to make a good decision on issues that may affect millions
of people. Trump has put up tariffs to help the steel industry. This may be good for thousands
of  steel workers, but bad for millions of other workers.  This is why we don't let the public vote
for every little thing. The average person often lets emotion control his/her judgements. We expect
those we elect to study the issues and facts, unlie Trump who uses his gut or his emotions to  decide.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:00:05 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #661 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:10 am »
The GOP and Trump continue to bad mouth the woman who claimed Trumps nominee for
the supreme court raped her. As time goes by pressure from the public continue to 
increase. They want the GOP to NOT approve him for the court. So will the GOP take the
hit by approving him ore back down hoping it's the least of two evils? Of course they
to worry about bad tweets from Trump as well.

President Trump will be speaking at the United Nations soon.  We can always wonder if he
can follow the teleprompter, or will he go off on a tanget. Last year he was bad mouthing
the north Korean leader and Iran. It will be interesting to see what is up his sleeve this year.

The deputy attorney general has been called to the white house. There is speculation he is being
asked to resign. Could be since Trump isn't there. We know Trump doesn't have the guts to
personally fire anyone. No matter what happens I think it's just another diversion tactic by
Trump to move the new subject off his supreme court nominee.

Even if the deputy attorney general is fired or resigns it won't save Trump from the investigation.
The speical counsel will have moved data to other proceuters around the country. Trump might
think he can put a yes man in h is place, but it doesn't work that way. The next man down the
line gets the job of handling the special counsel, not a new deputy attorney general. The president
could change this policy, but it would add to the appearance of self protection by Trump.

Of course we know Trump has been fretting about the investigation of his campaign and it's
connection to Russia. So it would be no surprise if he turns the Justice department upside down
trying to  stop it. Who ever gave the president control over the justice department made a big
mistake. One would have thought that congress would have limited presidential power over
the justice department after what President Nixon did. 

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:24:41 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #662 on: September 26, 2018, 09:36:08 am »
A third woman has come out to accuse the supreme court nominee of sexual misconduct.
Not in a mild way either.  Even if he was only present while others committed these acts
it makes him look bad because he has denied anything of the sort, and should be disqualified
 to be on the supreme court or any court. Will the GOP ignore these accusations without
investigations? If they do they are not fit to be senators of our fine country.

Single party control of our country is dangerous to our way of life. Single party control 
leads to excess where members of any party can feel they can and should do whatever
they want. Single party control doesn't allow for compromise or moderation. It doesn't
allow for anything claiming they have a right to do whatever they want. Over the past
two years we  have experienced much of what I just said. The GOP has ignored or
changed rules to get their way. When asked they just say we won so it's our right. 
The only reason they won is because too many people failed to vote, or were prevented
from voting, by the GOP.

President Trump tried to say the laughs he got at the UN were with him not at him. Well
he can think that way if he wants, but they were laughing at him. The first time ever
that a president of this country was laughted at while speaking at any official event.

Trump can't help but brag on himself when he speaks. His yes men in the GOP rarely
every tell him the truth, so he probably was surprised to hear anything but a loud
cheer as he usually gets at the rallys that are set up to make him look great. It seems
his supporters don't want to believe any thing bad about him. Some admit Trump lies,
but they just say all politicians do that. Well that is true, but usually not while the facts
are staring them in the face as Trump does.

ou can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #663 on: September 27, 2018, 09:38:31 am »
The GOP is holding a hearing supposedly to find out if the nominee is telling the truth when he
said he didn't attack Mrs. Ford.  After listening to the hearing it was obvious they were trying to
cast doubt on Mrs Fords memory of the event. This shows a lack of respect of women by making
it seem that women lie when it comes to sexual encounters.

Though the woman asking questions  for the  gutless GOP members of the committee. Mrs Ford
showed to have a good memory even though she was tested time and time again. No sign  or
confusion of the facts inspite of the GOP's several attemps to cause it.

The chairman lied when he said the committee always does it's own investigations. Though
limiting time for the members of the committee the chairman interrupted several times trying 
to make excuses for the GOP and the committee's actions. If the GOP and President Trump
should be ashamed to let this go on. They should  pull this man as he apparently has a ugly
pattern of behavior in how he treats women. Even while making  decisions as a federal
court judge. Perhaps he should even be removed trom that job as well.

Instead Trump and the GOP have gone to the extent of trying to come up with others
that will lie saying it was them that attacked her. They are doing as much damage to the
nominee as they are to her with this travesty of justice.

This hearing is just another in many hearings where the GOP has tryed to make those
who oppose them look bad. They will lie and or misrepresent anything to get their way.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #664 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:19 am »
It's all about politics cries the GOP after the hearing yesterday. The democrats don't want the nominee
because he isn't a democrat.  I thought it was odd the GOP members decided to get rid of their hired
speaker when she started asking the nominee questions about the facts relevent to the accusation. Did
that mean they thought she was a democrat in disguise.  The nominee called Fords testimoney a political
smear campaign by the democrats. The chairman said he would be glad to have the committee investigate 
these other accusations. Well it's  very likely they would be partisan investigations as it always is when
political parties are involved. The chairman should have informed Trump to have the FBI investigate other
accusations and witnesses if he still wanted them to consider the nominee for the supreme court.
Instead the chairman calls these other accusations a conspiracy to stall the process.

The nominee was well trained by Trump and his cronies to be a loud mouthed jerk. Just llike Trump is when
he speaks at his rallys. If this had been a nominee by H Clinton the republicans would have been criing foul.
They would have been wanting everyone investigated by the FBI.

I used to be a member of the GOP, but since Obama was elected the GOP has become a stranger to me.
All they want to do is run the country. To ignore the majority of the people of this courtry. To let religion 
decide laws. To use the Supreme court to advance their goals. To help the rich get richer. To blame
the poor for being poor. To blame the sick for being sick. They should be ashamed.  I know many
good people who vote for the GOP.  But it's the leadership of the party who works for the richest
Americans, big businee, and who knows who else. I could go on but one day we all will liky pay
for the  short sighted greedy decisions made by the people running this country.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:37:43 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #665 on: September 29, 2018, 09:37:37 am »
I know my writings have been largly my opinion, but over the last few weeks the news has been mostly political.
I fear it will be untill after the election. I will try to be more about the news in the meantime.

President Trump commented that he thought the nominee did well with  his strong response. Well running
for political office and running to be a judge are two different things. A judge needs to show a calm demeanor
not fiery. A person who can't stay calm under pressure can't be trusted to  make good decisions.

Well it seems there will be a FBI investigation after all. I wonder though, will they have free rein over their
investigation or has Trump limited it in a way to [protect the nominee? Or will the GOP look at the report and
say "I don't care" and vote for the nominee anyway? The nominee's credibility has some serious problems
even discounting his sexual habits. The GOP however is basically stating we don't care what he has done.
We were elected to run the senate, so live with it.

I might be able to live with it if the GOP would accept the reverse when the democrats control the senate.
Instead they cry like little kids having a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. The GOP senate leader
mad a threat to the democrats when they changed the rules. Say he would make them pay, just like a school
yard bully. The GOP has done all it could to keep  moderate judges out of the federal court system. They claim
every judge is a liberal working for the far left. Yet the moment they gain power they start putting far right
conservative judges in power. Not moderate ones, but hard line conservatives.

It was the GOP who changed the rules to approve a
supreme court judge with a simple majority. It had required 60 votes before. Simple majority rule is a
poor way to legislate. It is generally used by people who don't really deserve control. Worthwhile
legislation can get more than 50% support. This includes people approved for a powerful job.

There has only been one supreme cour judge impeached in our countries history. He was an associate judge.
The senate didn't vote to  remove him though. The charge was for being too political. Perhaps this nominee
will be impeached if he tries to play politics in the future. In spite of the GOP this country is moving towared
the democrats way of thinking and away from the GOP. So in 10 years or so there may be a house cleaning
of hard liners who deny peoples human rights.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:49:35 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #666 on: September 30, 2018, 09:31:30 am »
It's no wonder the world is laughing at Trump. At his last rally he claimed the North
Korean leader loved him. Claimed he and the North Korean leader argued then
fell in love with him. This is ridiculous, the leader of North korean loves no one
but himself and his power.

The GOP talks about the Deep state. That is a good name for Fox News who owes
their existence to conservative billionaires. Or Trump news. If your a Trump supporter
you likely watch it. That's fine, but you bestter fact check everything they say. 
Because they are there to feed Trumps ego, and Trump isn't interested in anything
but fake facts that make him look good.

Just how far will Trump let the FBI investigate? It's likely many will say they can't
remember to not get involved. Will Trump and the GOP try to use this as an excuse
to ignore a report from the FBI? It's well known that Trump wants a fixer in the
Supreme Court. The nominee has likeluy already told Trump how he plans to
vote. His response in the hearing showed it. He was talking just like Trump. As
if he was reading a speach from one of Trumps rally's.  The supreme court isn't
about politics it's about justice. Otherwise it's just an arm of big business and
the rich, be they Americans or foreigners.   

Already reports say Trump has limited the FBI investigations to those who claimed
the nominee is a nice guy who never drank to excess.  Not to look into reports that
claim otherwise.  If this is the case the investigation is a joke. I personally think
the justice departtment should be an arm of the court not the president. I am sure
the framers of the constitution figured there was enough checks to  prevent misuse
by the president, but not under radical one party control.

Trump and the GOP claim they are trying to take back power from all those far left
democrats. Well the GOP have had the house for the past  8 years, and the senate
for 4 years. The only change was the office of president which they have had 
for almost 2 years now. So the claim that they  must take back power is mute. The
Democrats can't take power from anyone unless the voters give it to them.

Trump and the GOP are mainly reaching out to white voters. Generally people who
are in their 50's and older.  People who remember this country being mostly white.
Over they last 30 years we have seen a shift towar deversity. This scares many of
those older voters who fear change. They don't like the LGBT, or minorities given a
bit of an advantage to help them overcome prejucice by many americans. Trump uses
this to gain their votes. This group of people are dieing out and will mostly be gone
in a dozen years ro so. Then the GOP will have to change or be lost foreaver in the
dustbin of time.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:11:06 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #667 on: October 01, 2018, 09:27:56 am »
Contrary to reports Trump is claiming he hasn't restricted the FBI. Trump said it's up to the senate
to decide who is investigated. Well that's like letting a fox tell a farmer how to build his hen house.
The GOP senate isn't interested in finding the truth. They just want to say it's about the
democrats wanting to obstruct. 

Well president Trump is claiming he is responsible for a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada.
Actually it's not much different than the old trade agreement. Trump used much of what Obama had been
working on. In other words Trump used most of Obamas ideas in this agreement. In fact Mexico and
Canada kept Trump from making the deal worse for everyone.  Basically it's the same deal with Trumps
name on it. I am sure he will hold it up to  his supporters as a big win for them. Unfortunately people
have to wait and see since we never know when Trump is telling the truth.

Trump made a big speach along with revealing the trade agreement. Saying it will be great for the
world. He can't stop trying to make one deal sound like a world deal. Everything he is so much
better for the American people. To hear Trump talk all his deals are the greatest ever done. It's no
wonder why people around the world laugh at Trump. North Korea is still building bombs and
missels even though Trump still claims he loves the North Korean leader.

Trump continues to increase tariffs that will hurt farmers and most Americans as Trumps trade
war will increase costs and send more jobs out of the ocuntry. The hatred of Obama by Trump
and the GOP hurts us all. To hear Trump talk every courntry in the worl takes advantage of us.
Just like every president before him was stupid. Trump doesn't seem to understand many of the
deals withoother countries was to let us have access to airspace and military bases. Deals aren't
always about just products, but treaties as well.

www.msnbc.com

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:00:22 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #668 on: October 03, 2018, 09:54:26 am »
The FBI investigation according to many reports has been limited to please Trump and the
GOP leaders. Even if they had been given a free hand Trump wouldn't likely accepted any
report that makes his nominee look bad, and the GOP senators are afraid of Trump and his
base of voters. So they want to approve Trumps nominee.

Trump a self made billionaire? A news report appears to show Trump is guilty of tax fraud
and cheating others. His riches mostly came from his father, not by good business.
Here is a link to a video that explains the report. Not just talk, but with
thousands of written records found.
https://youtu.be/OM9f2YAKIJg?t=745

President Trump was crediting Dr Ford for doing well during the hearing.
Now Trump during a rally in Missisippi trys to make Dr Ford out to be 
a incoherent fool led by the democrats to keep his nominee to the supreme
court from being approved.  Trump has no shame and will do anything to
win. The GOP appears to be following Trump like a flock of sheep.

People told me that Trump would change after elected, but he hasn't changed
at all. If anything he is getting worse. All he does is lie when he doesn't like
a news report. If congress doesn't pass a bill he wants it's always the
democrats fault, even thought the republicans own the house and senante.
They can pass anything over the objections of the democrats.

Trump has never respected women, so it's on real surprise to hear him run
women down for speaking out aagainst rape and harassment. Down thorugh
history women have been maligned for trying to  stand up for their rights.
Now Trump and the GOP are mad because women are speaking out and trying
to unseat many reppublicans. I SAY MORE POWER TO THE WOMEN !!!!

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #669 on: October 04, 2018, 09:52:31 am »
The investigation of the Nominee for the supreme court is in. As expected
it's a joke. The FBI had their hands tied by Trump and the GOP. They could
not follow up on any leads that might make the nominee look bad.  Now
the GOP and Trump are holding it up as reason to vote yes on the nominee.
I am sure Trumps supporters will feel the same. They only want to believe
the lies Trump feeds them.

This is just more evidence the GOP and Trump have no interest in the truth
unless it benefits their agenda. The leader of the senate was crying alligator
tears claiming the democrats were trying to  destroy the nominees reputation.
The leader of the senate made a speech saying the nominee was too good a
man for the senate to not approve for the supreme court. The leader of the
senate is nothing but a vindictive old man who feels the GOP should run the
country, and will do anything to help the GOP win, even if he has to lie. No
matter what the majority of the American people think. The GOP controlls
the senate an that is all that matters in his opinion.

The founders of our country warned against party politics. It's a shame they
didn't do more to protect our society from vindictive politicians. One
good way would have been setting up committee's with co chairmen
 using the top two parties. This would have made it harder for
one party to control investigations. Of course they didn't think any
congress would allow a man like Trump to stay in office. Much less
elected officials who care more about themselves than the country.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #670 on: October 05, 2018, 09:41:47 am »
The senate voted to proceed on a vote to approve Trumps nominee
for the supreme court. The leader of the senate set it for tomorrow,
october 6 2018.

To hear Trump and the GOP everyone who isn't a republican is a
far left liberal. Personally I take that as an insult. I, and I am
sure most democrats and Independents are moderates not far left
 liberals. It's due to how far to the right the GOP has moved over
the past 30 years.

I think when television became the media of choice for elected officials
to use for their campaigns changed who could control our country. Campigns
suddenly became very expensive to run. This gave rich supporters a way to
buy those who decide our laws and regulations. Many of those  who are
elected spen most of their time raising money for the next election. So it's
no wonder an elected official would be tempted by a lobbyist who has
a lot of money to offer. I think this is what is happening with Trumps
nominee. Big business wants a judge who will side with them in the
supreme court, are happy to pay for one. Think not? Trumps lawyer
accepted huge sums from big businss to have Trumps ear or how
he thinks about their business. They will spend millions to gain
an advantage.

The leader of the senat should have had a little bittie violin playing
when he talked about Trumps nominee for the supreme court.
Telling Americans how Terrible the democrats are treating the
nominee. Well it's not the democrats stalling the process. It's
their own members. All the democrats can do is use the senate
rules to remind all the senators of their duty, and oath.

The nominee made the claime that millions of dollars were being
spent to keep him out of the supreme court. Guess he forgot about
the millions being spent to put him there, but I very much doubt it.
Even a republican ex supreme court judge said the nomine should be
rejected. Not counting all the law professors and judges around the
country who say he should not be a judge on the supreme court. Not
because of his drunken escapades, but his temperament and partisan
statements in the hearing.

www.msnbc.com

T
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:51:02 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2018, 09:39:37 am »
It appears the GOP will approve Trumps nominee though he is accused
of rape and lieing to congress. The GOP and Trump don't care what
this man has done. Trump wants this man so he can protect him
as a justist in the supreme court, another fixer for Trump. It's
obvious that he has given his loyalty  to Trump so he can be given
the chance to serve on the court. A job he has wanted all his life.

President Trump ran for office by saying he wants to make America
great again. Well what he and the GOP feel is great has nothing to do
with jobs, or how much money the little person makes. It's about how
the country was in the 1950's. That's when it was great for them.

Blacks were treated like second class citizens. Latino's were called
wet backs, women were supposed to be home makers and nothing
else. The LGBT had to stay in the closet. In the 1960's the GOP could
see the changes coming. They were cought flat footed so it took a
few years for them to get their act together. It was the election of
Ronald Reagan that put the GOP on the path to the far right.

Prior to the 1980's the average person in America was gaining wealth
and security. Since then the average person has not gained , they have
lost security or wealth compared to inflation. This revolution has done
more to help the rich and big business than anyone else.
The GOP is mostly supported by only 1/3 of the American people.
As long as democrats and independants sit back and let 1/3 of the
peopole tell them what to do they will. This 1/3 is very dedicated to
hold power and to get their way. They will continue trying to block
the rest of us from gaining power, for they fear diversity where they
would have to share or loose power all together. If we don't use
our votes to protect our rights the 1/3 will continue to take them away.

We used to call people who don't vote the silent majority. Well as long
as they are silent nothing will change.  If people don't vote for change
the GOP will continue to make the rich richer and the poor poorer with
their agenda of reducing government to the bone. Charities do much to
help the needy, but only the governmetn can do the day to day help
that is needed. Prior to social security and medicare thousands of
elderly people suffered an died. There is no reason why the rich can't
help support those who helped them get rich in the first place. Left
to the rich, history has shown they will push the poor from sight.
Religions warns that the needy must be served, and the love ove of
money is a sin.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #672 on: October 07, 2018, 09:46:29 am »
Ok everyone who didn't vote in 2016 is reaping their reward, but if you
find it not to your liking you best go to the polls next month.

The GOP leader of the senate called those who didn't agree with the GOP
an angry mob. Why? Because they didn't stay home and leave the great
GOP do their business in peace. Well many in the GOP won't talk to
voters at home, so people have to come to washington to get their
attention. Want to see an angry mob? Just go to a Trump Rally where the
president encourages his followers to shout and chant. Trump sits on a
razor edge with a mob like that, because one word from him and many of
his supporters would riot and attack anyone who didn't follow them.

Those who voted for Trumps pick for the supreme court talked about how
bad he was treated and that he had a right to shout and cry. Because he
had been treated so bad. Perhaps he was, but how many of those same
people would have given a woman, a black man, or Latino the same
consideration? None, because no person who can't control them selves
should be a judge for anything. But the nominee was insulated from proper
judgement by Trump.

The GOP has few women members in congress. Only one sits as a chairwoman
on a minor committee in the Senate. If the GOP continues to belittle women and
minorites, they will disaoppear as a party. Thousands of those older white
Americans who support them die each year.

We have a fine new supreme court justice, it's a shame he is so partisan.
It will be interesting to see how much this changes the court. I am
sure the nominee had a big party over night. I wonder how drunk he
got? I wonder if his wife makes him sleep on the couch when he comes
home drunk?

I hear people who support Trump think Trump is smart when they hear
about his reported crimes of tax fraud.  I  guess they like paying his
taxes for him. It has been reported the Trump family failed to pay
almost 1/2 billion dollars in taxes over a 40+  year period. Seems to
me people would want those who commit crimes to be punished in
instead of praising them. I think people both envy and admire the
rich. They imagine if they were rich they would want special privileges 
and end up handing them to those they admire.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #673 on: October 08, 2018, 09:21:07 am »
I  sometimes think Trump had everyone in congress investigated prior to
running for president. We know he had Obama investigated. and during the
campaign he threatened a billionaire saying he knew things that might
be damaging. This is mob boss mentality if true. If a Senator or
Representative had a skeleton in his or her closet Trump could have
a lot of leverage with that information. Yes that would be blackmail,
but just a suggestion saying he knew something might be enoughto
change a vote in Trumps favor. In several cases congressional GOP members
who were not supportive of Trump were changed after a meeting with him.

The change may have only been due to a political threat, but it still
makes one wonder.

As I expected President Trump is planning to tell his base that democrats
plan to impeach him and the new supreme court justice if they take the
house of representatives. He feels it will help get his supporters out to
vote next month.

People should know even if both were impeached, there isn't enough votes
in the senate to remove them from office. It would take 67 votes in a senate
that at best would only have 51 or 52 democrats after the election. That
doesn't mean the democrats will sit on their hands and not start investigations
into GOP coverups. That is what Trump and the GOP fear most.

Trump is still saying the democrats treated his nominee terribly. Well  I
think most of us know Trump only wants people to believe his lies and not
the real truth. The democrats only wanted the facts to come out, and
not be a part of a cover up to approve Trumps nominee.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #674 on: October 09, 2018, 09:57:52 am »
The GOP is going out of it's way calling people who spoke out against them
guilty of being angry mobs. GOP leaders and Trump are saying all the conflict
over the supreme court nomination is gving the GOP a big
boost in voter support.

After the swaring in ceremony Trump made a speech apologizing for how bad
the nominee was treated by those Americans who opposed his nomination.. 
Very presumptuous of  our president. I have a hunch many would have said
he isn't speaking for me.

Trump is heading out to do his favorite job. Campaigning!! He loves all those
cheers and chants his supporters give him. All he does is talk about himself.
About how much he has done for the country. Sadly it's virtually all lies and
made up stories. Farmers can thank their lucky stars for the midterm election.
Otherwise Trump would have done little to help offset the tariff damage done to
their income. Trump would have made a great carnival barker, but after two
years as president he would do better sitting on the seat of a dunking booth.

President Trumps ambassador to the United Nations is resigning at the end
of this year. She and Trump made a speech in front of the press. Trump was
full of hearts and flowers toward her. So something is in the works. Trump
doesn't go out of his way to speak nicely about someone unless it's to benefit
himself. Perhaps he plans to give big job to a senator from her state and let
her be a fill in senator. All trying to please women in the GOP.

She was stroking Trumps ego for somereason anyway. So time will tell.

Trump apparently is going to meet with the N Korean leader in the near future.
All we can do is wonder what concession Trump is planning to offer to him. S
Korea is working hard to make business deals with N Korea. Trump was talking
about all the businessmeen who were ready to invest in N Korea. He nevre tells
who might be planning to do so. So it's probably a lie. I can't imagine any business
in it's right mind would want to risk a lot of money on a unpredictable leader like
the one who runs N Korea. Besides most of the people there have little money
to spend.

www.msnbc.com

oldrabbit.com