Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: What Are You Up To?
« Last post by Loc on Today at 06:44:35 am »
Continuing Kimba's training for the "touch" command.
She's doing very well with it.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 25, 2018, 12:46:14 pm »
And the ultimate of all setbacks. The file that I had all my full sized guitar bodies on a 3x3 grid pattern got deleted..... For a short time. All I had to do was go to the program and reopen it. It did a file recovery and I have 100% of all those hours of work back.

But I did get tired of all the setbacks so I made a square box guitar body. I have the body complete and the neck attached. Lined up the bridge. Now I'll need to do a lot of fret and neck work. I bought the cheapest guitar neck i could find. Knowing I would have to do this. This will let me practice the skills I'll need when setting up mine and other's guitars. I'll start with a complete guitar nut filing. Then a complete fret leveling, recrowning and end filing. Truss rod adjustment and match the bridge to the fretboard radios. Already know how to play with the truss rod and bridge. Fretwork is what I need practice on. Once everything is done I 'll take the bridge and neck back off. Then paint up the body in the style of a 1960's transistor radio.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on September 25, 2018, 10:06:07 am »
Someone and their dog were bitten by a raccoon found inside an outdoor hockey rink this weekend. The dog's owner got shots for rabies.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on September 25, 2018, 10:03:37 am »
For a third time this old howler has earned national recognition from Civil Air Patrol's Public Affairs Officer Academy: A Certificate of Merit in the Photograph category. One's unit had to appear in a published photo to qualify. Your humble Prairie Wolf appears in a shot with two cadets from his host squadron. The only such distinction to come back to my home state.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on September 25, 2018, 09:57:31 am »
Tweaking out a police uniform costume for my orange Fox partial suit in preparation for an upcoming parade. The theme is Disney this year, so we anticipate a boat load of princesses. A grandkid of one of the staff will roleplay Judy Hopps.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Surviving a natural disaster.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on September 25, 2018, 09:53:22 am »
That sounds like some specialized training if ever I heard it.  Is that for the case of nuclear fallout due to bomb or reactor meltdown etc...?
I sincerely hope your job is not to deal directly with highly contaminated materials.

My Geiger counter is for my radioactive rocks and minerals, to be sure I didn't contaminate myself or items.  And to help locate new mineral deposits. It's also to freak people out  ;).

A survival book is also helpful.  Not an e- book, a printed book.  Tells you things like what we all have been saying.
My dad gave me one when I turned 16, along with a trusty Buck knife.

One last thing, watch the wildlife during disasters, they may know/ sense things we don't.

During RADEF exercises, we would scan returning aircrew and ground teams for "fallout"--which was usually a Coleman lantern mantel secreted in a pocket. Other good books to have, besides military survival field manuals are the Boy Scout Field Book and Scout Manual--especially those published before the 1980s. The Backwoodsman Magazine can also be a good resource. I like to view Survival Lilly on YouTube also.
furry lite™ / Re: You Know That Summer's Officially Over When...
« Last post by cause the rat on September 24, 2018, 11:56:51 pm »
When the 'Little Debby' pumpkin snacks are on the shelves again.
« Last post by Beag L. Howler on September 24, 2018, 12:10:58 pm »
When you crave caramel apples.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 24, 2018, 10:14:48 am »
When Old Rabbit starts handing out pumpkin spice flavored cookies and treats in the Greeting forum and Birthday thread instead of the regular chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes.  :D
news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 24, 2018, 09:16:10 am »
The GOP and Trump continue to bad mouth the woman who claimed Trumps nominee for
the supreme court raped her. As time goes by pressure from the public continue to 
increase. They want the GOP to NOT approve him for the court. So will the GOP take the
hit by approving him ore back down hoping it's the least of two evils? Of course they
to worry about bad tweets from Trump as well.

President Trump will be speaking at the United Nations soon.  We can always wonder if he
can follow the teleprompter, or will he go off on a tanget. Last year he was bad mouthing
the north Korean leader and Iran. It will be interesting to see what is up his sleeve this year.

The deputy attorney general has been called to the white house. There is speculation he is being
asked to resign. Could be since Trump isn't there. We know Trump doesn't have the guts to
personally fire anyone. No matter what happens I think it's just another diversion tactic by
Trump to move the new subject off his supreme court nominee.

Even if the deputy attorney general is fired or resigns it won't save Trump from the investigation.
The speical counsel will have moved data to other proceuters around the country. Trump might
think he can put a yes man in h is place, but it doesn't work that way. The next man down the
line gets the job of handling the special counsel, not a new deputy attorney general. The president
could change this policy, but it would add to the appearance of self protection by Trump.

Of course we know Trump has been fretting about the investigation of his campaign and it's
connection to Russia. So it would be no surprise if he turns the Justice department upside down
trying to  stop it. Who ever gave the president control over the justice department made a big
mistake. One would have thought that congress would have limited presidential power over
the justice department after what President Nixon did. 

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10