Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
the polling booth / Re: Mobile or Desktop?
« Last post by Foxpup on November 18, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »
My fursona uses his cervical optical link to connect to a mobile Internet dongle concealed in his collar. He otherwise cannot directly connect to the Internet with his cybernetic systems, partly for security reasons, but mostly due to the potential inconvenience of his ISP cutting of his access because they unilaterally decided that surgically implanting their SIM card is against their TOS.

Meanwhile, my human body is stuck with this laptop, pounding away at this keyboard in a massive waste of mechanical effort. >:(
general furry discussion / Re: Furries on CNN?!
« Last post by cause the rat on November 18, 2018, 09:25:54 pm »
Watched it. I'm 50/50 in opinion about it. It was well done. But real heavy on the anxiety issues. It's not what I expected to say the least. Finding no other appropriate way of saying this. It made us all look mental. At least it cleared the air of the 'we're all sexually deviant gays' tag. Focussing the story on a few straight couples. It will be interesting to read the on line community's responses in the coming weeks.
general furry discussion / Re: Raptor Red
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on November 18, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
Okay, so I read it....
The author was able to take me to a prehistoric world, and I was terrified at times!
There was a lot of gore, heartbreak, exploration, introspection, and fun.

It is my feeling that the main character in Jurassic Park1 is like the author.  And to think that the author worked, lived, taught, only about 200 miles from me, and I have been past the exact area he lived(s) and worked many times.  Never knew.

If the early world was as he shows, I am SOOO glad we mammals rule the world now.
Its a little tamer now.  Just a little.
general furry discussion / Re: Furries on CNN?!
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on November 18, 2018, 08:58:35 pm »
It seems that a bit of the article focuses on the aspects of fur suiting.  They only mention in passing (it seems) a few of the many other aspects of it all.
Like writing and drawing, and poetry!

But I have to agree that the presentation of furry in the article is at least nice.
Did they mention the major aspect for so many... community, inclusion, acceptance?

Someday I will be the big dog driving the car. 
Perhaps I will resign from my current job by waltzing in wearing a fursuit.  Just so they know the true me before I quit!
 :goldhowl:
or maybe I will just be low key.
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on November 18, 2018, 03:11:32 pm »
Built a crude 1-axis fluxgate magnetometer coil...It can easily see the earths static magnetic field.
Now to make 2 more and put them 90 degrees to each other so I can make a 3D vector.
Why?  To see if I could.
word games / Re: Disused Names
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on November 18, 2018, 02:40:38 pm »
Clyde
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on November 18, 2018, 02:39:16 pm »
I removed the importer mark from my guns and redo the finish on them. I just picked up a Yugoslavia M-59/66A1 SKS with grenade-launcher...

Those lack any chrome-plated plated bore or gas piston. So either avoid corrosive surplus ammo or clean thoroughly if you do. Some parts do not interchange with standard SKS rifles. And only use blanks to launch any rifle grenades. Sometimes rubber practice types can be found from milsurp vendors.

A small coke at the BK.
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by Rocco on November 18, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
This barracks. Always hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and hot water has been out for almost a week
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on November 18, 2018, 02:25:57 pm »
Listened for gunfire and watched scrawny venison samples from a drafty dilapitated shelter.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on November 18, 2018, 02:21:38 pm »
Partly cloudy with temps in the mid to upper 30s.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10