Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Clean Meat without killing animals.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on September 20, 2018, 07:07:13 pm »
I guess I missed the NASA link.  But it makes sense! 
I am sure that many people would get sick of plants only.  Also we are omnivores.  Many of us may need (?) meat after a while. 
Clean meat is neat!
 :D
For dinner, roast humanoid with fava beans and a nice Chianti. Its okay, its clean meat, really I promise!
 :o
general non-furry discussion / Re: Mt. Hood cougar hunt
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on September 20, 2018, 07:00:45 pm »
I was told to make noise with a bear and look big too, and not to back down and not to turn my back. I was told to walk back slowly while being big.

I was told to not worry about coyotes as they dislike humans.  And if they are acting strange, they most likely have pups near by.  Just be on your way.  same with other canines.

But I have been told to not run from a big cat, but also that acting big and scary is not very effective either.  I was told to just leave them alone.  Do not turn your back if you can.  I was told if you act big and let them get close that you are asking for trouble.   

Honestly, the animal I am most afraid of in the forest are people.

I have been shot at in a national forest.  I was not trespassing, as it was public lands.  It was not hunting season I think.
No non-human-animal has ever threatened to kill me just for walking.  Yet.

When you think about it, those animals are rather nice and beautiful people.  They let us walk through their living room, bed area, grocery store and child rearing area, all without much issue.

Try that with your neighbor who you do not know.  They will shoot you.  And no one will stick up for you. 
But we do that  to animals in their environment, and no one cares or thinks.

The arrogance of some people.

But still, there are many good humans too.

I think that one of the hardest things for a human to do, is to leave something alone.  Its unfathomable to some that things are at equilibrium WITHOUT their involvement.  It suggests they are not needed.

Why do I say this?  I am saying that when we walk into a remote forest, we are breaking equilibrium, and should be prepared for the  ripples we cause.  we are interlopers there. Things happen when you are invading territory not your own.  Animals have been preying on us humans since time immemorial.  Be prepared. 
Avoid loss of life, be it yours and/or the animals. 
general non-furry discussion / Re: Surviving a natural disaster. Adaptation?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on September 20, 2018, 06:44:29 pm »
In areas where flodding is possible, people should keep water proof bags they can pack and put in the
attic or even a closet so they won't float away.

In New Orleans many people in flood prone areas keep and ax in the attic in case the levy gave. 'least that's what they said. I stayed in an apartment near a pump house. I stayed up a level, higher than the water on the other side :p

An axe in the attic is a good idea, but when they build new homes they should design the roof with a panel that could
be pushed out from the attic. It could have fasteners to keep people from breaking inn that way.

I always felt people should check to see how high water can get before building in a flood plain. Building a
garage level under the house would give another 10 or 12 ft of security.  In many cases this would prevent
most of the the damage most people suffer with a flood.

Yes, and if people who insist upon living in forest fire areas had a house that had 3/4 underground , 1/4 above ground it would help too.
The upper 1/4 could be expendable, and only contain the day time living area with many windows (with external metal shutters).  The upper 1/4 could also be made of stone and the roof of metal. 

but no, they make fully wood cabins all above ground.  and use wood that is full of pine pitch.  With a shake shingle roof.  And a propane tank smack next to it.

Many animals are living in burrows, which can resist fire, snow, sun, etc. 
I honestly feel more cozy in the lower level of a house if its a finished basement type situation.  Also safe from a drive by shooting.  (Yes, had to worry about that once, bad area.)

I know that in some areas water table is an issue, but in other areas it is not.  So in those cases an underground section may not be best.

Also for tornado alley, what about houses which have an expendable top section.  Should reduce all of our insurance costs.

Animals live with the ravages of nature, why can't we do more of that?
Oh yeah, adapt?

( I live in a place that will burn easy, and with a large tree to blow down on me, so I am asking for it)
general non-furry discussion / Re: Surviving a natural disaster.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 20, 2018, 10:00:56 am »
In areas where flodding is possible, people should keep water proof bags they can pack and put in the

In New Orleans many people in flood prone areas keep and ax in the attic in case the levy gave. 'least that's what they said. I stayed in an apartment near a pump house. I stayed up a level, higher than the water on the other side :p

An axe in the attic is a good idea, but when they build new homes they should design the roof with a panel that could
be pushed out from the attic. It could have fasteners to keep people from breaking inn that way.

I always felt people should check to see how high water can get before building in a flood plain. Building a
garage level under the house would give another 10 or 12 ft of security.  In many cases this would prevent
most of the the damage most people suffer with a flood.

news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 20, 2018, 09:13:16 am »
President Trump and the GOP are pushing to pass another tax cut. They claim it
will bring even more money back into the country. They say big business  will
invest trillions of these dollars here. Well so far the big tax cut of last year has
only brought back 12% of the money Trump and the GOP claimed it would.
This is  a high estimate at that. I doubt if big business has Trillions of dollars,
much less bring it back. It's just another tax cut for the rich, and Trump. 

If the GOP holds power after the election they will pass their tax cut and put 
more conservative judges in the court system. They will cut medicaid, social 
security, and medicare. They have been wanting to do this for many years.
They will use the excuse that there isn't enough money and have to make
the cuts. Yet they have the money to cut taxes for big business and the
richest of us all.

The chairman of the judicial committee has set a deadline at 10am on Friday for
the woman to give them a written testimony about the sexual assault she has
claimed against the nominee for the supreme court.  Otherwise they will proceed
with a vote recommending the man for the supreme court.

Is this a test of will by the GOP senate? Or do they really plan to ignore such an
act by their nominee? Are they betting this would be the least of their problems.
11 old men may decide that this woman is just confused. It would be a repeat
of how they treated Anita Hill in 1991. Seems when men gain wealth or power
they feel they can push women around like a slaves. They hold the promise of
advancment of better jobs for sexual favors. Or the threat of loosing a good
job if they refuse.

It's time women stood up to show men they arn't just a peice of meat laid
out for a mans enjoyment. If they don't it will continue as it has for centuries.

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
general furry discussion / Re: Does your fursona run a business?
« Last post by Firelight on September 19, 2018, 03:58:12 pm »
Swifttooth is a pirate, if that counts.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Firelight on September 19, 2018, 03:55:35 pm »
While everyone is getting ill around me, I haven't yet! *Knocks on wood*
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on September 19, 2018, 02:41:22 pm »

« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 19, 2018, 10:14:13 am »
Trouble is most people don't keep enough food and water to last more than a few days. Even lass with
some. They run to the supermarket at the last minute and fight for a loaf of bread.

Some disasters can't be planned for . fast moving fires don't give any time to pack or even run in some cases.

People are reactive not proactive so disaster catches most where they loose most that they own.

We don't like to think about such things. So we just forget about it.
news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 19, 2018, 08:59:20 am »
Will President Trump go on a firing spree after the election? He is still calling his attorney
general names, and is mad because he won't defend him by stopping the special counsels
investigation.

The GOP and Trump are unwilling to investigate the claim of assault by the supreme court
nominee. Reports say he was a drunk and chased after girls in high school. Also believed
 men should show their sexual dominance over women. Also said it's best for him and
others to keep their extra curricular activities quiet to this day. He can claim he was a
wild kid, but I think most of us would admit we haven't changed a great deal since
our late teens. To mee this shows what the mans base feelings about women are.

President Trump is showing the flag in the Carolinas today. Telling everyone how much
help he is ready to give them. Trump says the words, but there is no empathy in his heart
for them. This storm gives him an opertunity to gain or keep votes. You can be sure any
interaction between the public has been planned. They showed someone driving up
beside the president. There is no way the secrete service would allow anyone to do
that unless it was planned with a government driver posing as a storm victim.

I  wonder how long Trump will keep those affected in mind? In a couple months the election
will be over and I wouldn't be surprised if these people are forgotten. Just like those who suffered
losses in last years hurricanes. Many of which are still waiting on Fima to help. This storm caused
multiple billions in damage, so it will take congressional action to provide the funding.

Personally I never could understand why people want to see our leaders at a disaster. Now
a century ago I could see why people might want to as it shows the leader knows and cares.
 Now days with all the media attention they already know what a leader is doinng. Not just a face
in the distance for most. In the past it was a real caring effort to show up at a disaster. Now it's
a walk in the park. Less effort than playing golf.  I am not directly picking on Trump, but the
money could be better spent helping people. No matter who is running the government.

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10