Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Loc on Today at 10:37:17 am »
Fainted early Saturday morning, fell over backwards in the bathroom, and hit my head on a tiled floor. Weisseman called an ambulance for me, had a load of tests done, and I seem to have been very lucky and come away with nothing worse than a headache (and even then, a fairly minor one) and a stiff neck and shoulder.

I'm still taking it easy for the next week, just to be on the safe side - No running around with Kimba, for instance. But I seem to be totally fine.
Many politicians mislead their voters, but Trump and the GOP seem to feel
they need to lie about everything that doesn't help them get votes. Some
may feel they all lie, but over the last several years the GOP has gone to
the extreme. Especially after Obama was elected. For example The GOP
used a large number of lies about the ACA trying to defeat it. The GOP
do anything to reduce government, even to starve and let the weak
die. Most people who vote as republican are good caring pepole who are
misled by the party leadership. Which is full of rich greedy white men who
fear the loss of money and power.

President Trump is trying to claim the latest group of people walking through
Mexico toward the U.S. is mixed with middle eastern terrorists. There is no
little evidence to justify this claim.  Trump is playing the fear game to gain
more  votes for the GOP.

Trump claims immigrants will bankrupt our country, yet  the GOP continue to
say we need to cut taxes. If the country was in such  dire straights why would 
they be doing that? If anything we need more immigrants not less. Part of the
reason the unemplyment rate is so low it due to the country needing
more workers. Most immigrants are looking for jobs, not a free ride as
Trump and the GOP claim. They will take jobs many U.S. citizens aren't
willing to do. The Dreamers Trump and the GOP want to get rid of are
well educated and have jobs now. Loosing them would hurt many
businesses due to the loss of good employees.

Trump claims the democrats won't help pass laws to make our boarder
secure even though there are more than enough GOP members of
congress to pass anything he wants.  Trump should be telling his
supporters which GOP members that are blocking him instead.

Many pkeople feel there isn't any real difference in the two parties. They
feel they are all crooks one way or another. So why vote? Well this is the
reason you should vote. If you don't like anyone running, then run for office
yourself. Or support someone else.  If II wasn't visually disabled I would
try it my self. We need more poeple in congress who aren't millionaires.
Very rich people often have little empathy for the middle class, much
less the elderly and the poorest of  Americans.

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
furry greetings / Re: Hi!
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 08:27:12 am »
Hi Tomed Ceht!

It's a big family here!
Without the fighting! Hurray!

No matter who you are, what you are, where you are from, what you think, what you believe,  furries are the best to be around!

For some it is the inclusiveness, some it's the family,  for some it is the zany fun!

While I specifically do not know what it is to live as a gay person,  i DO know how being excluded feels. I do not like being ostracized.  Nor will I do that to anyone else.   All furries seem this way to me,  open,  honest,  friendly.

I call myself demi-asexual personally. As I have lived with that feeling of different since as long as I can remember.
And I have been made fun of for it, being called wrong, broken, robotic, unfeeling, uncaring, etc.  People even think I am lieing. Truth is I care deeply, and love people, animals, nature,  etc...

You won't find people here who will judge.  Honestly, people are more like indifferent,  they have moved past these differences.

Don't worry, you are home.

We are everywhere! I am sitting at work,  listening to some DeadMau5, and living as a furry,  inside a large multinational conservative aerospace company!

You just never know who is, more fuzzy,  than others, but we are everywhere,  ha ha ha!
I have always had therian type dreams and feelings since age 5.  Wolves. Lots of wolves.
Then a German Shepard saved my life.   Actually 2 of them did,  twice, in separate instances.

So enough of me,  what about you??
Part of furry for me is talking to others.
If you want,  please feel free to discuss.

« Last post by Old Rabbit on Today at 08:22:59 am »
Welcome to furtopia Tomed Ceht.

I hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome. "

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
« Last post by Tomed Ceht on Today at 06:36:01 am »
  Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I found this site through some google searches for forums for furries. I've known I was a furry since i was about 13. I have just always felt... different. Like I was in the incorrect body. Over time my fursona became apparent to me and things started to make a little more sense since then. But like i stated before I've never spoken to another soul about being a furry. That last post was first outreach. The Furry fandom interests me because it just a bunch of other people just like that me. People that are also different. People that look at the rest of the world in a similar light as I do. I've not been part of a fandom in years and I miss the camaraderie I found in a few previous ones. I'm hoping I can meet some great people here and forge some real friendships with people that understand my secret. :)
« Last post by Loc on Today at 06:10:40 am »
  Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)
furry greetings / Hi!
« Last post by Tomed Ceht on Today at 06:00:17 am »
Hi! I'm Tomed Ceht. New here, clearly, and I'm really not good at these things but I'd like to reach out and meet new people. I've never admitted I'm a furry to anyone and I'd like to change that. Being gay is hard enough and I'm tired of hiding a big part of who I am.

So Hi! My fursona is a Siberian Husky/dragon. I don't have a suit, but I would very much like one eventually! I'm not very good at conversation but I'm really working on that. Pretty shy over here.  <owo>

I hope to make friends here. Y'all seem friendly :D
Yes.
She also lives in a Shadowrun/Deus Ex style world where properly equipped cars can be driven remotely by brainpower (see Shadowrun "riggers"). She has the implants necessary to do that.
tech talk / Home RAID?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on October 21, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »
No, I am not talking about a bunch of FBI agents coming in through the back door!

Does anyone here still use RAID for a home "server" or whatnot?

I currently am still using a RAID5 with active spares.  Basically just using it for saving my personal files.  Photos, Music, Documents.  Boring stuff.
Was almost thinking of making it my own personal FTP server.   

I know cloud storage exists, but I wanted the feel-good factor of doing it myself.  If I get the time/energy.
Thanks!
*wags tail*

the polling booth / Hey, Does Your Fursons Drive? If yes, what? If no, Why?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on October 21, 2018, 07:52:59 pm »
My Fursona drives.  He likes mild off-roading on primitive trails as he collects rocks and minerals for his side business.
He has a license to drive regular vehicles only. 
He drives a Jeep around to work and home etc.  (He lives on contemporary Earth).

His license for driving heavy mining vehicles was revoked after he went on a rampage through his home town in a 40 Ton dump truck, and destroyed the local vivisection laboratory where they were working with stray dogs. (after he rescued the poor doggies first and gave them all loving homes with a lot of meat).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10