Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
the polling booth / Re: Extra Sensory Perception?
« Last post by cause the rat on December 12, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »
There have been real studies on professional musicians. Like those you would find in an orchestra. The results finding that, hypothetically, because they have to use both sides of the brain at the same time, they show a higher score with ESP tests.

As far s I go. If I make one prediction an hour for 24 hours. Two of them come true. I'll have the same accuracy as a broken clock.

My fursona doesn't have ESP. Not a part of Tapon Ru or any of the backstories I have for my imaginary world.
So, Ive been wondering lately...

At conventions, gathering, and many other things, which suit type gets more "love" so to speak.
Meaning, for those of you who suit often, what type of suit gets more positive reactions, more interaction, more fun, and dare I say is more "popular".

Do people interact more with toony styles more than semi-realistic or realistic?
Is it just a preference, and there is no rhyme/reason to it?

I ask, because I like toony for the fun and cute aspect, but I REALLY like semi-realistic and very realistic, and also find those totally awesome and even cute too.
Is there a right or wrong style to make/buy if a person has a specific goal?

Like for example, browsing YouTube, most fursuiters there have toony styles.  I don't remember seeing any realistic fursuiters on Youtube. And if you know of one, please post a link!

I can also see how some videos might want to star a fursuit that is very realistic, if the video is more artistic and serious in nature.  Where as maybe a toony style fursuit in a video is geared towards a video mainly for fun and play.  Is there any truth to that idea?

If I were to make/commission a realistic suit, would I be , well, not all that "cool" even though I love being that way? 
If I were a realistic representation of my character in public, would it "scare" people away?   

Oh and if veteran Furtopians already know of a previous post like this, please let me know.
Thanks!
« Last post by charcoal on December 12, 2018, 09:27:11 pm »
They u.s government and the Soviets during cold war had expiramented with esp to spy on each other correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was called project stargate
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on December 12, 2018, 08:46:26 pm »
I did a quick check to see if the topic had been discussed, but I didn't do a good enough job maybe?
Sorry if I posted a topic on ESP and yet it has already been done before.
It doesn't matter, if the last post is over 6 months old forum policy is to start a new one. There areexceptions of course.

It would be interesting to develop a repeatable experiment to test this. The problem would be isolating how the information was sent, so the receiver couldn't deduce it from other things.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by charcoal on December 12, 2018, 07:31:25 pm »
Cold and windy April can't come any slower
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 12, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
my weather radio tells me...
clear air, cloudy skies, temp 42F, Dew Point 19F, Relative Humidity 39%, wind North to Northwest  variable 30, gusting to 40 MPH, Pressure is 29.75" and rising

forecast for tonight
mostly cloudy, windy, temperatures low 20's, gusting to 50MPH.

The WIND is terrible.  I live near high voltage power lines, and they hum and sing when the wind blows this hard.
news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on December 12, 2018, 10:01:17 am »
President Trump met his match yesterday when he debated with the two
democrat leaders yesterday. They offered to give Trump the same deal
he got last time from the GOP. But Trump said he would shut down the
government if he didn't get his wall. I think they should have asked
him about his promise to get Mexico to pay for it. In the past Trump
mention that he would add tariffs if they didn't pay, but that would
be a tax on Americans not Mexico.

Trump supporters should hold Trump to his promise that Mexico pay, not
Americans. Not let him get by with a dodge trying to blame the democrats
for his failure. If they let him get by with taxing Americans for the wall he
will want to forget about making Mexico pay.

If Trump does shut down the government by not signing the funding bill. He
is risking a lot especially since he said he would accept the blame for it. It appears
many conservatis cheered Trumps statement he would shut down the government, 
but how many of them accually work for the government, and if it was to last
for weeks, many people would suffer at Trumps expense. 

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 12, 2018, 09:13:47 am »

Broke my fingers during a accident with a car hood my pinkie was 90 degrees the wrong direction the rest were clean breaks below the knuckles bent back I think I invented New combinations of curse words so yay less time looking for work more being why life

Oh man, that sounds bad.   And I thought my cut finger was bad. Hope you heal fast.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 12, 2018, 09:10:46 am »
Ha, yeah, I can see the potential annoyance with the term ESP.
I would agree with Varg, something you experience that didn't seem to fit the senses of, touch, taste, smell, vision, hearing, body mechanics, infrasound/air pressure, etc, that comes from outside yourself, yet is not something you can touch directly.

I did a quick check to see if the topic had been discussed, but I didn't do a good enough job maybe?
Sorry if I posted a topic on ESP and yet it has already been done before.
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on December 12, 2018, 07:13:29 am »
I am experiencing a strange sense of  déjà vu, as though I have answered this exact question before in a previous existence. Perhaps I can channel a message from my past self...

"Paranormal" and "supernatural" events are not real, by definition. If they were real, they would just be "normal" and "natural". Same goes for "extrasensory perception": if you can perceive something, it's sensory. It may not be a sense that others are familiar with, but it is a sense nonetheless. Now stop confusing everyone with this self-contradictory nonsense. :P

I always took 'extra' in 'extra sensory' to mean something beyond the basic 5. A bit like how you can feel high voltage/current running through wires without touching them or your hairs moving due to a charge. Is it touch? It's likely your nervous system(electrical in nature) reacting to the strong, changing magnetic field, so it's definitely feeling, but without touching anything. This is unlike static, where an electrical charge pulls on hairs, causing them to move, and feeling the hairs move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10