Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Surviving a natural disaster.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on Today at 10:00:56 am »
In areas where flodding is possible, people should keep water proof bags they can pack and put in the
attic or even a closet so they won't float away.

In New Orleans many people in flood prone areas keep and ax in the attic in case the levy gave. 'least that's what they said. I stayed in an apartment near a pump house. I stayed up a level, higher than the water on the other side :p

An axe in the attic is a good idea, but when they build new homes they should design the roof with a panel that could
be pushed out from the attic. It could have fasteners to keep people from breaking inn that way.

I always felt people should check to see how high water can get before building in a flood plain. Building a
garage level under the house would give another 10 or 12 ft of security.  In many cases this would prevent
most of the the damage most people suffer with a flood.

President Trump and the GOP are pushing to pass another tax cut. They claim it
will bring even more money back into the country. They say big business  will
invest trillions of these dollars here. Well so far the big tax cut of last year has
only brought back 12% of the money Trump and the GOP claimed it would.
This is  a high estimate at that. I doubt if big business has Trillions of dollars,
much less bring it back. It's just another tax cut for the rich, and Trump. 

If the GOP holds power after the election they will pass their tax cut and put 
more conservative judges in the court system. They will cut medicaid, social 
security, and medicare. They have been wanting to do this for many years.
They will use the excuse that there isn't enough money and have to make
the cuts. Yet they have the money to cut taxes for big business and the
richest of us all.

The chairman of the judicial committee has set a deadline at 10am on Friday for
the woman to give them a written testimony about the sexual assault she has
claimed against the nominee for the supreme court.  Otherwise they will proceed
with a vote recommending the man for the supreme court.

Is this a test of will by the GOP senate? Or do they really plan to ignore such an
act by their nominee? Are they betting this would be the least of their problems.
11 old men may decide that this woman is just confused. It would be a repeat
of how they treated Anita Hill in 1991. Seems when men gain wealth or power
they feel they can push women around like a slaves. They hold the promise of
advancment of better jobs for sexual favors. Or the threat of loosing a good
job if they refuse.

It's time women stood up to show men they arn't just a peice of meat laid
out for a mans enjoyment. If they don't it will continue as it has for centuries.

You can find out more at the following links.
www.msnbc.com

www.investigaterussia.org
general furry discussion / Re: Does your fursona run a business?
« Last post by Firelight on September 19, 2018, 03:58:12 pm »
Swifttooth is a pirate, if that counts.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Firelight on September 19, 2018, 03:55:35 pm »
While everyone is getting ill around me, I haven't yet! *Knocks on wood*
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on September 19, 2018, 02:41:22 pm »
In areas where flodding is possible, people should keep water proof bags they can pack and put in the

In New Orleans many people in flood prone areas keep and ax in the attic in case the levy gave. 'least that's what they said. I stayed in an apartment near a pump house. I stayed up a level, higher than the water on the other side :p
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 19, 2018, 10:14:13 am »
Trouble is most people don't keep enough food and water to last more than a few days. Even lass with
some. They run to the supermarket at the last minute and fight for a loaf of bread.

Some disasters can't be planned for . fast moving fires don't give any time to pack or even run in some cases.

People are reactive not proactive so disaster catches most where they loose most that they own.

We don't like to think about such things. So we just forget about it.
news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 19, 2018, 08:59:20 am »
Will President Trump go on a firing spree after the election? He is still calling his attorney
general names, and is mad because he won't defend him by stopping the special counsels
investigation.

The GOP and Trump are unwilling to investigate the claim of assault by the supreme court
nominee. Reports say he was a drunk and chased after girls in high school. Also believed
 men should show their sexual dominance over women. Also said it's best for him and
others to keep their extra curricular activities quiet to this day. He can claim he was a
wild kid, but I think most of us would admit we haven't changed a great deal since
our late teens. To mee this shows what the mans base feelings about women are.

President Trump is showing the flag in the Carolinas today. Telling everyone how much
help he is ready to give them. Trump says the words, but there is no empathy in his heart
for them. This storm gives him an opertunity to gain or keep votes. You can be sure any
interaction between the public has been planned. They showed someone driving up
beside the president. There is no way the secrete service would allow anyone to do
that unless it was planned with a government driver posing as a storm victim.

I  wonder how long Trump will keep those affected in mind? In a couple months the election
will be over and I wouldn't be surprised if these people are forgotten. Just like those who suffered
losses in last years hurricanes. Many of which are still waiting on Fima to help. This storm caused
multiple billions in damage, so it will take congressional action to provide the funding.

Personally I never could understand why people want to see our leaders at a disaster. Now
a century ago I could see why people might want to as it shows the leader knows and cares.
 Now days with all the media attention they already know what a leader is doinng. Not just a face
in the distance for most. In the past it was a real caring effort to show up at a disaster. Now it's
a walk in the park. Less effort than playing golf.  I am not directly picking on Trump, but the
money could be better spent helping people. No matter who is running the government.

www.msnbc.com

word games / Re: What Are You Wearing Right Now?
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on September 18, 2018, 07:58:52 pm »
Desert tan cargo pants, milsurp roughout boots, and a tactical black t-shirt from camp.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 18, 2018, 10:27:32 am »
President Trump is wanting to release secret documents claiming it will show
 what started the investigation of his campaign and it's involvement with Russia.
This information will likely reveal secrets that may hurt the country. Trump doesn't
care as long as it helps him. It's likely  Trump is hoping it will disrupt the special
counsels investigation of him.

Will the GOP give the woman who has accused the supreme court nominee
of sexual assault a hard time? If they do it will likely enrage women accross
the nation.  Trump and the GOP are complaining  that this woman should have
come forward months ago. I suppose it would have been fine if it had been
revealed after the man took office. That would  have been an embarrassment to
 the court.

The GOP and Trump don't want the FBI to investigate the accusation  because
it would delay the appointment.  They wantt to use the appointment to get
votes.  in the midterm election..

www.msnbc.com

« Last post by Old Rabbit on September 17, 2018, 09:19:51 am »
The GOP can pat them selves on the back, because in Texas they decided to remove Helan Kellar from
third grade history books. Shows how much they care about the handicapped. This woman who was
both blind and deaf created braille. A touch accessible form of printing so the blind could read. I guess
they don't want kids learning that some people can't see to read. Kids should be taught that even with
serious handicaps, people can add to society. Look at Steven Hawkins. Even though he couldn't move
or talk on his own added greatly to the scientific community.

The Presidents nominee for the supreme court is calling the woman who said he sexually assaulted her a
lier. He has been at the White house so perhaps Trump has been telling him how to lie. We know
Trump desperately wants this man on the supreme court to protect him. You suppose he has swore a
loyalty oath to  Trump? It's a fact the man really wants the job, so I am sure he will say anything to
get the votes. He has already put himself under suspicion of lieing to congress.

The GOP should stand up on their hind feet and tell Trump to pick another. But no, they are afraid of
his tweets. The entire list Trump got from the federalist society  will fit the bill, but Trump wants a
fixer on the supreme court. Otherwise he might be kicked out of office, and sent to jail. Trump doesn't
care how much pain or loss of rights this man might cause as a hard right conservative.

I imagine as it was the appointment of Clarence Thomas this nominee will be believed
over the woman. The committee who will decide has 11 old men (GOP), some of which
 might be guilty of similar acts in their past. It's time we had more women making
congressional decisions and laws.

www.msnbc.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10