Author Topic: If I were to try and sell a partial.  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
If I were to try and sell a partial.
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:31:14 am »
I've been selling my plushies off of Etsy =D and that's actually been going pretty well, but now... xD I've been thinking to try and sell one of my partials I made about a year or so ago. I've not really worn it much or anything. But, I kind of want some help, hopefully from you guys =p to maybe give me a heads up on what I should be trying to go for xD;;! As with selling it really, or maybe I shouldn't O.o;; and for how much?

Now, this partial is a Shiny Umbreon and would come with the Tail, Arm paws, Leg warmers, and the Head itself. The head is what I've made ~all~ my furheads with =p ...cardboard and fur. I've had my Saiyu furhead for about four; going on five years now. I wear it a lot and xD you know...all that sweat and everything else that happens inside of a head has done nothing to do the cardboard lol. So, it really does hold up really well =O!

1. How often do you think anyone would even want an already made partial or such?

2. Do you think anyone would really go for it, or be turned off by it being made with cardboard?

3. Do you think it's bad to have had it all hand-sewn?

4. Is $300 for the whole thing a deal xD;; or should it be different? (That's without the shipping, of course...which may be about $50 more; not sure yet.)

5. Would you come down in price...or what?

Also, here are some pictures of it; of course xD; one would probably need to see what I'm typing about to say anything remotely helpful.

Tail

Leg Warmer things

Hand arm things
Under paw

Inside head
Head front view
Left side
and
Wearing head

Wearing it fully.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advanced for telling me something; giving me some pointers =x hopefully... lol xD
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:26:29 am by Saiyu »

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
Re: If I were to try and sell a partial. (Please help)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:18 pm »
I find it a tad bit odd that no one said anything here ;x I dun want to sound like a whiner though. But...I dunno x.x; maybe this is a sign to say I shouldn't try to sell it; if no one here even has anything to say on it...alright...

Or YouTube xD?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »
I'd help, but i know just about nothing about fursuiting or buying/selling online... sorry...

Offline Rosyzozo

• Just chilling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:25:58 am »
I would say yes to the price but maybe it could come down a little. Try selling it at $300 and if no one offers to buy it lower the price.

How I know: I make and sell them
PM me for more info.
Don't stop smiling :)

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:33:09 am »
Awe, thanks for that little bit. That $300 sounds good enough. @.@; I think I'm gonna PM you Rosyzozo

And, ish okie Trenyth >w<;

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 03:09:36 am »
Check out/put it on Furbuy. Get an idea from other fursuits for a reserve, and people will bid higher if they want to. Pretty sure a lot of makers go for all handsewn, so I don't think that's a problem.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:35:12 am by Saloonka »

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 11:53:29 pm »
*Tilts head* "Furbuy"? Okay =o uhm, thanks! I can xD totally check that out. And also see what I'd have to do there to try and sell this. (as for the fees or whatever they might have to sell)

Thank you =3 did not think/really know of that.

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29:01 am »
No fees at all. I sold my fursuit on there and it was a pretty good site with no paid registration or other costs, and it goes straight to your target market. It's good for anyone looking to buy or sell a suit I think, better than something like ebay or the like since it's exclusively for fursuits/furry art and the like.

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »
O.O Yeah, I saw that there were no fees or anything. I got as far as signing up and reading around a bit. And this is true ;p it goes straight to the ones I would want it at. I will put it up there; why not try? Lol, I know it wont hurt anything now. Thanks again so much for pointing me in that direction Saloonka ^^!

Or YouTube xD?

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:41:36 pm »
Honestly, I do think people will probably be a bit turned off by the cardboard.  It looks okay on the outside, but don't be shocked if that comes up.  I wouldn't worry too much about the hand-sewing, though I don't know what the sewing in question looks like.  Go over it again to reinforce the seams if you're concerned.  A lot of makers use it on heads because they can get the seams smaller and less noticeable.

I do have a couple of miscellaneous concerns here.  I think I see a staple in the inside view of the head, which is a bit of a no.  Though it's by no means guaranteed to happen (it's likely it won't!), if it comes loose, it's a sharp piece of metal that could hurt the buyer.  Better safe than sorry, replace that with hot-glue.  Also the fur in some areas (the blue on the bottom of the hand-paws in particular) looks a bit worn and thin, I can see the backing.  Since you're selling it, it might be a good idea to replace any areas that are like that.  It's a little extra work that will go a long way in making it look better, especially for $300.  Finally, you want your suit to look its very best if you're going to sell it, so I'd recommend brushing it out completely.  If it looks too sleek or flat, give the fur a light shake to fluff it again.

I hope I don't seem too harsh!  :P
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 03:19:42 am »
Lol, I think they'd be a bit picky on the cardboard as well. Because o.o that's the type of thing that isn't really expected. But, I'm happy to learn that the hand-sewn thing isn't that bad off at all. I just thought everyone hot-glued the head xD and sewed everything else with the machine.

Wah~ Haha =3 no no no, I can promise you there, there are no staples anywhere xD! Nothing even starp anywhere. Even the two teeth aren't sharp xD! But yes, I can see your concern and that some of the black thread does look a bit like a staple or maybe white thread. With whatever you saw. Yeah =x I can see about the lil blue "paw pads" lol; that's probably because I've worn that a lot in the winter lol. And the blue 'fur'...I dunno even know what the fluffy blue material is called lol. But that isn't the best; I just put it to use. I was going to make sure that everything is all clean and brushed and what not if this did end up selling =3 hehe, but thanks for that; I mustn't forget.

Dun worreh, that wasn't too harsh at all >w< I was/am looking for some criticism or whatever because xD having that will indeed help everything else in the long run. Like if I -ever- make something because someone else (not my niece) asked or just wanted to make another something to try and sell WAY later. Then, I can remember what you've typed =3 and will help me. Maybe $300 is a little much =p so maybe the sum of it could be for the whatever the shipping will be where ever.

Or YouTube xD?

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 06:59:58 pm »
From my understanding, the major seams on the head are hand-sewn using a whip-stitch and the fur is hot is hot-glued into place on the form and hot-glued down in areas like around the edges of the eyes and noses.

I only really mentioned the worn-out spots because it's being sold.  It is a bit old and used, and they would be fine for personal use.  I'm just a bit pickier when it comes to things being sold.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 12:25:57 am »
Oh! Lol, that makes more sense. To sew the furs patterns or something and then glue it onto the foam lol. Also xD I can't hot glue onto cardboard or anything like that. Just different things. I think it'd be fun to try foam oncd though...maybe if I get lots of money though :p

Well, that's coo' sometimes it's good to be picky. I'm not going to hide anything on it xD to say that it's new and was never used. I have postef it on FurBuy now :3! With a nice enough description of it (I hope). So, yes. Thanks everyone ^^

Or YouTube xD?