Author Topic: My Little Pony FiM Movie & Video Phread  (Read 28829 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »
After speaking with Arc for a while, I've decided that I too am going to hold out on pony related merchandise until the blind-bags are released here.

$2 for 1/24 of getting the pony you were looking for. I'd probably try for the main 6.

The show is so much fun! I have no clue how it got from "Ponies..?" to shaking in my boots to go out and buy Pony things.
http://www.mylittleponynews.com/2011/03/g4-blind-bags-all-24-ponies.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:20:51 pm by Shim »

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »
You guys! What happened to you? I leave you alone for like THREE MONTHS, and then I come back and discover that all my friends have turned into bronies. :D

Seriously, I am so curious about this show. I think I need to watch an episode to see what all the fuss is about. BUT ONLY ONE. Or maybe two.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
You guys! What happened to you? I leave you alone for like THREE MONTHS, and then I come back and discover that all my friends have turned into bronies. :D

Seriously, I am so curious about this show. I think I need to watch an episode to see what all the fuss is about. BUT ONLY ONE. Or maybe two.

Watch at least 3, if you want to give it a fair chance..

Episodes 1 and 2 say "Here's the plot. Now it's over." Episode 3 is where it starts to pick up :).

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 06:35:00 am »
PINKIE PIE. I had a MLP birthday cake, it had pinkie on it x: Rarity's pretty cool too, but Pinkie is Pinkie. I've watched the whole series, WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE? I HAVE A TERRIBLE ADDICTION. I need more pinkie.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 06:58:28 am »
WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE?

MLP season one is finished. But, they were funded for at least another. New episodes are currently being made and season two will debut around mid-August and run for another 24 episodes. Until then, if you check out the Hub Network website, and go to the MLP page, you will find the occasional video clip or something to carry us through til season two.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 09:57:06 am »
I wouldn't say I'm full on brony, but I do enjoy the show and listening to a podcast about it. Lot of interesting info they've dug up. It's over at www.bronyshow.com

Oh, and since it wasn't already mentioned, even the HUB and creators gave a nod to the brony community in the Equestria Girls commercial and named the DJ as "DJ Pon3". Though I'd consider it a stage name and prefer Vinyl Scratch better. Anywho, here's it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPqjKk_xCo
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 10:05:19 pm »
Slightly off topic........but for those who may be going to AC this month:
http://www.anthrocon.org/node/6798/any-pony-parties-planned
 :o

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 10:10:41 pm »
The main reason I haven't watched it yet is because I haven't found any convenient places to view it. Now if someone were to point me in the right direction... *hint hint*
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:28 am »
The main reason I haven't watched it yet is because I haven't found any convenient places to view it. Now if someone were to point me in the right direction... *hint hint*

Lots of people release episodes in full on youtube. I'd suggest going there. Look for the episodes by a guy named menlomarseilles :)

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 11:36:49 am »

Lots of people release episodes in full on youtube. I'd suggest going there. Look for the episodes by a guy named menlomarseilles :)

Thanks for that Shim.

And... I've seen the first two episodes and I have to say... it's not bad. Definitely not my favorite show, but it had some moments that at least got a chuckle or two out of me, there were a few moments there were surprisingly satisfying, and I honestly liked the villain quite a bit. She wasn't the usual "I'm going to rule the world with an iron fist" sort of villain. She seemed to be more of a devil than anything, rarely showing herself and throwing obstacles along the way, as well as being a sort of temptress (not in a sexual way, mind you.) I saw the ending from a mile away, though, but I have to forgive them because that all was simply the pilot. But like I said before, it's not bad. I watched it and while it didn't procure much of a response from me, there were some genuine moments that I liked, which is more than I can say for some other shows. I'd say it's above average.

And yes, I might watch a few more episodes in the future so nyeh.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »
It's a suger sweet show.  Personally I prefer the drawing style in this
episode better than the ones that have heads styled like powder puff girls.

http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/videos/webisodes/meet-the-ponies-cheerilee-pajama-party
oldrabbit.com

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 12:02:55 am »
Okay, watched the third episode and Oh God why can't I stop smiling?

Seriously, why is this show so appealing to me? It's not the funniest or most action packed, yet I can't stop smiling. WE MUST RUN TESTS TO DETERMINE ITS APPEAL!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 02:52:21 am »
I think a lot of it for me is the references that only the older crowd would get. On top of just being cute and humorous. Some examples are the Benny Hill style chase scenes, the punch that was "spiked" in one episode, and Twilight Sparkle's reaction to Pinky Pie the first time she started singing (because remember how aweful kids songs used to be?). And it's also a pretty simple show to enjoy without seeming preachy. Yeah, it has its moral theme each episode, but they are not overbearing in how they present it.

Offline caninesrock

• Female
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:20 am »
I was about 2 or 3 episodes of this show on tv. It was decent,but not really my cup of tea(I hate girly stuff even though I'm a girl).

Banner made by my friend Alex(who isn't a member here) and used with permission. Avatar is screenshot of Jacob in wolf form from Twilight movie.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:37 am »
I've gotten to where I don't mind the stylized completely-un-horse-like heads in the animation for the show.  But, I still feel that actual My Little Ponies -- the physical objects for playing with -- should look like they did when I was growing up.  So, instead of letting my daughter get any of the new ponies, we've managed to get some good deals on e-bay for classic ponies.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
If you want one that is completely custom my friend Anime Amy over at FA makes custom MLP toys. I watched her do a couple live streams, she's very talented and the final product can look exactly like any generation of MLP you want in what-ever color/mane combo as well. There is also the mecca of MLP conventions soon too. The MLP Fair is on July 22-23rd at Hasbro's Headquarters in Rhode Island. I can't go since I'll be at Ft Lewis, WA at the time, but I'm sure you can find all the best deals there.

Editted for my proper color, dunno how green was selected.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:16:43 pm by Liedt »

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »
If you want one that is completely custom my friend Anime Amy over at FA makes custom MLP toys. I watched her do a couple live streams, she's very talented and the final product can look exactly like any generation of MLP you want in what-ever color/mane combo as well. There is also the mecca of MLP conventions soon too. The MLP Fair is on July 22-23rd at Hasbro's Headquarters in Rhode Island. I can't go since I'll be at Ft Lewis, WA at the time, but I'm sure you can find all the best deals there.

Custom ponies are fun, but, I don't think I'm quite there yet.  (Possibly in the future.)  Right now, I have a box of ponies that didn't show up in quite as good condition as I was hoping (that's ebay for you), so I've been researching pony restoration.  The MLP Fair sounds fun...  Unfortunately, I think that any good deals I got would be completely negated by the cost of flying all the way across the country.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »
My friend finally bugged me enough to watch these (well, I was pretty bored, too...).

I watched 1&2 several weeks back, and I'm with SkyStriker in that those two alone weren't enough to get me hooked. I mean, it was cute and all, but I honestly expected the plot introduced in ep1 to be an arc that lasted the whole season. When they resolved it all in ep2, I was like 'Oh, so... what now?'

This past Friday is when I decided to pick it back up out of boredom. Two episodes and I was stuck on it. It's so true, you just can't keep from smiling when watching the show. Or thinking about it. It's almost frightening. I will say, however, that I have yet to actually listen to the title song and end credits song entirely.

So, between Friday morning (had the day off work), Sunday afternoon, and Monday and Tuesday after work, I finished up all of season one. And am now waiting for season two to show up.

I'd have to say that Applejack is my favorite. Especially paired with Rainbow Dash... they are far too much fun as a pair.

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I'd watch AND enjoy My Little Pony... what is the world coming to?

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 11:32:26 pm »
I'd have to say that Applejack is my favorite.

Alright, another Applejack fan! It may be because I come from the south myself, but I just love her raunchy attitude and sweet southern accent. Although, to be honest, in personality I'm most similar to Pinkie Pie. Just as people don't quite understand her, people don't often understand me. Course, I don't really mind that.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:44 am »
As the leader of the Furtopian Brony movement, I have to admit I'm getting really antsy to see another new episode. I'm starting to re-watch all the episodes from Season One but this time pick out all the background Ponies in it. I've found Derpy Hooves about 5 or 6 times and Dr Whoof twice so far. Those are the main two I've been trying to find.

I like it that the production staff, are not just putting in filler ponies for the Ponyville denizens, but actual reoccuring characters. You don't see that level of attention in animation too often. Rainbow Dash is still my personally favorite pony but Derpy Hooves is quickly gaining speed in that race. I just like her quirky personallity even if she has only had a couple lines in the whole show. If Pinkie Pie and Derpy Hooves ever team up in an episode, it will be by far the most mindblowing freak fest ever.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »

Alright, another Applejack fan! It may be because I come from the south myself, but I just love her raunchy attitude and sweet southern accent. Although, to be honest, in personality I'm most similar to Pinkie Pie. Just as people don't quite understand her, people don't often understand me. Course, I don't really mind that.

From what I hear, she's pretty much the least popular of the main group. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just more influenced by apple pie than most.

It sounds like I may need to re-watch to pay attention to some of those smaller details. I never noticed Derpy Hooves (didn't even know to look until my friend mentioned it, at which point I only had 6 episodes left to watch). And Dr. Whoof? I haven't even heard of that one.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 11:35:07 pm »
From what I hear, she's pretty much the least popular of the main group. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just more influenced by apple pie than most.

It sounds like I may need to re-watch to pay attention to some of those smaller details. I never noticed Derpy Hooves (didn't even know to look until my friend mentioned it, at which point I only had 6 episodes left to watch). And Dr. Whoof? I haven't even heard of that one.

Nonsense! Applejack is my favorite after Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy (tied for first :-[)!

Also: Dr. Whoof is a cream pony with a brown mane. They call him that because his cutie mark is an hour glass :D!

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 11:16:49 am »
Also: Dr. Whoof is a cream pony with a brown mane. They call him that because his cutie mark is an hour glass :D!

And he holds a Sonic Screwdriver while dancing to a song that Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon3) is playing.

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 11:43:13 am »

That is Doctor Whoof. Also known as My Little Time Lord.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 11:44:46 am »
I've always heard him called Dr. Hooves. *shrugs*