Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)  (Read 59890 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2010, 12:27:46 am »
I'm not entirely sure how to explain this.

I have slightly-lucid-dreamed before, but this scenario always seems to play out.

Usually, if I have a lucid-dream, I fly.  I'm not sure why, but always flying.  The problem, is that I try and try, and I always start up, and end up falling at an angle.  I can only fly for a couple of seconds before I just completely fall left or right in midair.

Is there any logical explanation  :o?

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2010, 06:58:39 am »

I have slightly-lucid-dreamed before, but this scenario always seems to play out.

Usually, if I have a lucid-dream, I fly.  I'm not sure why, but always flying.  The problem, is that I try and try, and I always start up, and end up falling at an angle.  I can only fly for a couple of seconds before I just completely fall left or right in midair.

Yes, you're too heavy to fly. :D Seriously though, I've had this happen a few times when I first started lucid dreaming, probably because I was thinking "Woo! I'm flying! ... Wait, this is impossible... ARGHHHHH*splat*". Try not to think logically. Remember, there is no spoon.

*wonders why I haven't posted here yet*

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2010, 08:15:10 am »
Try not to think logically. Remember, there is no spoon.

*wonders why I haven't posted here yet*

Alright, "logical" probably wasn't the best word for me to use there  :P.  But I'll keep what you said in mind.

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2010, 12:11:42 pm »

Maybe you're losing control of the dream?

Ive been a similar situation several times.

I was flying around my cul-de-sac in circles, but I fell whenever I did something.
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2010, 05:31:15 pm »
Usually, when I fly in dreams, I end up mostly bouncing around off of the tops of trees.  Kind of like in Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon, come to think of it...
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline TaoxFox

• Species: Kitsune
  • Male
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2010, 11:10:33 pm »
I've only had one :\
it lasted for a couple minutes, but it was worth it. ^_^
Sei immer du selbst. Ausser du kannst ein Einhorn sein, dann sei ein Einhorn.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2010, 04:35:09 am »
I've had a couple that involve Anthro Vixen's and Feline femme fattales and engaged in things that would be censored here so I'm not going to bother saying them, I'll just let you use your imagination.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline TaoxFox

• Species: Kitsune
  • Male
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »
I've had a couple that involve Anthro Vixen's and Feline femme fattales and engaged in things that would be censored here so I'm not going to bother saying them, I'll just let you use your imagination.

I've heard about many people who've had those sorts of dreams. Honestly I wonder if I ever will :\

Does anyone have a certain method that you use to induce lucid dreams that seems to work for you?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:39:33 pm by TaoxFox »
Sei immer du selbst. Ausser du kannst ein Einhorn sein, dann sei ein Einhorn.

Offline Tiririn

• Female
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:26 am »
I lucid dream every now and then, it's really fun, I usually can't control EVERYTHING in the dream, but I can explore the dream, and I often end up running on all fours because it's faster and easier, it's fun.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »
Somewhere in this thread, I believe Hayaikawa was right. Drinking apple juice does help with lucid dreaming. But......I'm not drinking juice, but have been snacking on apples instead before bedtime and it's helped with dreaming.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2010, 11:41:12 pm »
Somewhere in this thread, I believe Hayaikawa was right. Drinking apple juice does help with lucid dreaming. But......I'm not drinking juice, but have been snacking on apples instead before bedtime and it's helped with dreaming.

hehe, yup.

some chemmicals in apples help dreams a ton ^.^

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline A_Foxice_Building

• Male
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2010, 04:35:58 pm »
The last time I lucid dreamed I controlled EVERYTHING! But that was before I was furry, so I sorta missed the oppurtunity to explore that. And the time before that it was freaking creepy so I yelled to wake myself up. It did work, but heck, I realised it was a dream and what I was seeing not even my twisted brain could come up with.
The pic is NOT mine. Sorry, but I'm not THAT good.
Oh, and did you know that the word "Gullible" is written on your back. Yeah, it's also not in the dictionary. (hides grin)

Offline xelhua

• Male
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:40 pm »
Experiencing Lucid Dreaming is fun! Especially when you want to take a bite out of something that looks really tasty and your five senses some how are active! There's a movie concerning Lucid Dreaming, it's called "Waking Life" it gives you a few pointers on how you know when you're lucid dreaming and when you're not. Have you tried Astral Projection? It's a bit dangerous but it's great. I don't know, for me my first tries were  exhilarating! Lucid dreaming is fun when you're having surreal dreams and you can manipulate your sorroundings at will. Now that's the best part.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2010, 09:28:27 pm »
I am not saying that this is false or anything, but I don't see why apple juice helps with lucid dreaming... Is there an actual scientific reason or just trial and error?
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2010, 10:53:23 pm »
I am not saying that this is false or anything, but I don't see why apple juice helps with lucid dreaming... Is there an actual scientific reason or just trial and error?
mostly trial and error, but it's fairly accepted by the main lucid dreaming community.
it might be some chemical in apple juice that helps, but idk for sure.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2010, 12:34:28 am »
Cheese results in insane dreams apparently  :D
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2010, 06:52:30 pm »
...Ok *slightly confused*
Should we try a list of diet/dreams? :3 That could amount for a VERY interesting experiment!
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2010, 10:15:53 pm »
when those dreams happen to me, they are almost always absurdly more random than the other dreams. I've never intentionally got to the lucid stage (if it's even possible) but I find that when you obsess over something to the point of agony, stay up extremely late, and have really funky food, then when you wake up, then go back to sleep, what you were dreaming about 1 out of 5 times will be what ever you obsessed over, and turn lucid. I usually hate it because I get so attached to the dream world that when I am ripped away, (i have to get up for school etc...) I'm depressed all morning.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/