Author Topic: The Collar Thread  (Read 117079 times)

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Just your friendly neighborhood pink wolf
  • Female
Re: Collars! When is it okay to wear them?
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2009, 01:04:33 pm »
I just brought my collar to school for the first time today, and I was surprised by how many positive reactions I got. The teachers where fine with it, and only two people gave me a hard time. While a few people thought it was strange, most liked the idea, and thought it was original, no explanation of the fandom required.

That's cool! :D I'm glad to hear most people enjoyed it. I planned to wear mine today too but school was closed!

My faux leather collar isn't very comfortable, so I recently fixed that by gluing pink fleece to the inside...now it's so comfortable and warm! I wish my camera worked ):

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:01 pm »
^More people have been asking about it, and I am starting to explain the fandom to other people who ask, but I still get plenty of positive reactions, and one girl in science class really likes it. ^^
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2009, 03:48:22 pm »
So I wore mine to school today. ^^ I had a hard time from a couple people too, but my friends really liked it. I had some guy teasing me all day that "Oh did you forget the leash at home?" I ignored them though. :D

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2009, 04:09:28 pm »
So I wore mine to school today. ^^ I had a hard time from a couple people too, but my friends really liked it. I had some guy teasing me all day that "Oh did you forget the leash at home?" I ignored them though. :D

:D with comments like that i would just respond with
"yes i did :P"
there reactions are always very funny.
LOL

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2009, 08:48:38 pm »

:D with comments like that i would just respond with
"yes i did :P"
there reactions are always very funny.
LOL

I got one kid who hassled me in a similar way. I just  made a joke about it he gave it up.  :P
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 07:37:27 am »
I usually reply in a proper  reply "Yeah I left my leash at home, mind getting it for me?"
The only way to knock them is to use an own joke agents your self and laugh about it, it always works for me.

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2009, 03:43:12 pm »
LOL I think next time I wear my collar I will have to make a joke like that :D

So does anyone have mutiple collars? I'm thinking of starting a little collection of them for different moods and stuff.

Offline Esau

• Male
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »
I have a 2 black ones and 2 brown ones. Just so they match my belt/shoes.

If i see one i like i buy it :D

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2009, 07:55:54 pm »
I have a 2 black ones and 2 brown ones. Just so they match my belt/shoes.

If i see one i like i buy it :D

Man, that is hardcore.  :D I was thinking of buying a second one with a green pattern on it, but I'm saving up for other things.
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2009, 12:41:48 am »
I have one collar. I only really wear out it when I am at a friends place or something like that. I do wear it around the dorm a lot, and to class a few times but not that much.

Haven't really had anyone comment on it actually, except one dude at AWA that hit on me by saying something about my collar  :o  and one friend that said it was cute. Well, and the idiot in my old youth group at church that said it "looks gay"...never really got along with him anyway...
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2009, 02:27:47 am »
I have one collar. I only really wear out it when I am at a friends place or something like that. I do wear it around the dorm a lot, and to class a few times but not that much.

Haven't really had anyone comment on it actually, except one dude at AWA that hit on me by saying something about my collar  :o  and one friend that said it was cute. Well, and the idiot in my old youth group at church that said it "looks gay"...never really got along with him anyway...

You should have told him "It takes a gay to know what looks gay"

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2009, 12:22:09 pm »

I slapped his hand away when he tried to actually TAKE IT OFF ...the nerve of some people!... and told him "it's more old-school freak." And left it at that.
I was not going to start the "takes one to know one" bit...although I thought about it. I mean honestly, I don't personally know any other guys that wear a collar, let alone gay guys. So, I don't even see where he got that from. Then he had the nerve to ask me for a couple quarters the next day during lunch... 
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2009, 12:42:36 pm »

I slapped his hand away when he tried to actually TAKE IT OFF ...the nerve of some people!... and told him "it's more old-school freak." And left it at that.
I was not going to start the "takes one to know one" bit...although I thought about it. I mean honestly, I don't personally know any other guys that wear a collar, let alone gay guys. So, I don't even see where he got that from. Then he had the nerve to ask me for a couple quarters the next day during lunch... 

Just this Friday one kid grabbed my collar, and said to one of his friends, "This is is alter yiff persona, he's a furf*g."  :'( I've learned to deal with him, but he seems to become more and more physical by the week.
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2009, 01:07:29 pm »
Just this Friday one kid grabbed my collar, and said to one of his friends, "This is is alter yiff persona, he's a furf*g."  :'( I've learned to deal with him, but he seems to become more and more physical by the week.

I'm not saying to do this.

but if some one did and said that to me.

I would have reacted a little more violently.
People who do that aggravate me to no end, and i usually react in a way that speaks to them, if ya know What I mean.
*BAM*
right in the kisser.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2009, 03:11:35 pm »
i went back on my desision not to buy a collar today and now that i have one i dont know why i though i'd never wear one

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Furlong

• Hail Ilpalazzo!
  • Male
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2009, 03:34:05 pm »

I'm not saying to do this.

but if some one did and said that to me.

I would have reacted a little more violently.
People who do that aggravate me to no end, and i usually react in a way that speaks to them, if ya know What I mean.
*BAM*

Pretty much the same for me.  I don't like to resort to violence, but how stupid do people have to be to grab something that another person is wearing?
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

MATHEMATICS: Description of the world devised by geniuses that in no way resembles it whatsoever.

Thanks to millislim for the awesome avatar.

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2009, 04:29:23 pm »

Pretty much the same for me.  I don't like to resort to violence, but how stupid do people have to be to grab something that another person is wearing?
[/quote]

Yah, I've had a lot of people get very touchy-feely with it. You know, "hey let me see! *grabs tag*." Most people are very polite and ask to see it though. All of the shirts I own have actual formal collars, so they sort of conceal the pet collar.

-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »
Well, he is the only person to be physical...and one of the only people to even comment on it. And as far as violence goes, I'm pretty much purely pacifistic. But I think if I had not been in church at the time, well...it would not have been a nice listening experience, to say the least.   (: 
The girl that I always talked to in the youth group seriously thought I was going to cuss him out I was so miffed over it.  :D

Offline ObliviousAlly

• Ally the Sparkly
  • Female
    • Pipedreams
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2009, 01:48:06 am »

I really like CUTE collars, even if I don't wear them often. These are the only two I have so far. I missed out on a really pretty pink rose collar at Walmart a few months back because I was lazy. :/

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2009, 01:04:06 pm »
^Oh my, those are cute.

I've been thinking about my experiences/reactions from wearing a collar to school, and I've realized that the most interesting reactions aren't from those who say they like it or not, but those who are aren't sure how to react. One girl looked at it, sad "oh" started to reach out to grab it, realized that wouldn't be polite, and just said "tell me about the collar." I also have a lot of people who ask me If i had a dog that died recently.  :D
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »
My collar is black with a gold tag that says "Wolf" (my assumed human name).  I'm looking to get 2 more: a white one with a green, hexagonal tag (displaying my furry name), and a red one with a gold tag that says "Brian Griffin."  :D

Recently, I've gotten so many weird and disgusted stares from the lesser-intelligent members of my college (and some curious ones from the more respectful).  Man, living in Miami is sometimes a bother.

But I have to admit, it's not always annoying.  To a new group of friends, my furriness revealed in the most convenient way possible, through a question concerning my collar.
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2009, 07:58:35 am »
My collar is black with a gold tag that says "Wolf" (my assumed human name).  I'm looking to get 2 more: a white one with a green, hexagonal tag (displaying my furry name), and a red one with a gold tag that says "Brian Griffin."  :D

Recently, I've gotten so many weird and disgusted stares from the lesser-intelligent members of my college (and some curious ones from the more respectful).  Man, living in Miami is sometimes a bother.

But I have to admit, it's not always annoying.  To a new group of friends, my furriness revealed in the most convenient way possible, through a question concerning my collar.

well i see kids in my school with them on. but i don't think they are furrys. just goths. but still i am reluctant to get one

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:55 am »
Man where do you people find such cute collars anyway? :D Do you get them from specialty pet stores, or order them offline?

Offline ObliviousAlly

• Ally the Sparkly
  • Female
    • Pipedreams
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2009, 06:53:27 pm »
Man where do you people find such cute collars anyway? :D Do you get them from specialty pet stores, or order them offline?

Many people get them from Collar Factory. But they're on the expensive side (in my opinion as someone who rarely wears one and doesn't feel they're terribly important in the whole furry scheme).

Mine I got from Walmart (the pink/purple one) and Target (the strawberry one). Both places usually have cute, seasonal stuff. Target and Walmart both had holiday collars for Christmas. And collars for Halloween. You just have to poke around a bit and search.

I don't see collars that are nearly as cute at the pet stores, though.

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Female
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:02 pm »

Many people get them from Collar Factory. But they're on the expensive side (in my opinion as someone who rarely wears one and doesn't feel they're terribly important in the whole furry scheme).

Mine I got from Walmart (the pink/purple one) and Target (the strawberry one). Both places usually have cute, seasonal stuff. Target and Walmart both had holiday collars for Christmas. And collars for Halloween. You just have to poke around a bit and search.

I don't see collars that are nearly as cute at the pet stores, though.

Ah, okay thanks! I gotta go on a shopping trip Friday, I'll poke around a bit.