Author Topic: Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.  (Read 10597 times)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
Re: Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 12:53:17 pm »
OMG speaking about creepers.. There are two brothers(?) in the fandom, that are a bit up there in age, around 45 to 50 I'm guessing. They really look like eachother, almost twins with the same hairstyle and amish-like beards. They dress similarly and are always pulling a cart filled with Chihuahua plushes. I've seen them at a few Fur Cons now. They creep me out something fierce. I dunno what it is, but when they talk its like I'm in an 80s style horror flick. I'm just waiting for them to pull out a blade or something and start slicing myself and other up into little bits then wearing our flesh as their new fursuit. Human leather fursuit that is.

Ungulate  put the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again........... It puts the lotion in the basket
(I could not help myself)

Offline Acton

• Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:10 pm »
By now most head about the Romm 366 video fiasco, where a parody video  la Lady Gaga (in my opinion ) It did cause a lot a drama but it bothers me how the minority of fetish types sized on the video to push the idea furry fandom is some type of sexual coming out party and insist sexuality in fury fandom needs to be publicly and openly expressed. One example is the adult baby / fetish creepers.

Yes sexuality exist in the fandom so does it in anime and science fiction fandom. Still both know there a place for it and its not in the hotel lobby.

Another thing that bothers me is hostility to younger member in the fandom, such under 12 and families. Its going to happen some of us do have kids. It means we have to clean up our image during the day.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:08 pm »
People who don't know how to use proper grammar and punctuation.  >:( Use a spellchecker/dictionary! You're not in kindergarten anymore. You've hopefully all learned your ABC's and can write proper English.  ;)

*cough* Role playing forum *cough*

Offline Acton

• Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 07:08:30 pm »
People who don't know how to use proper grammar and punctuation.  >:( Use a spellchecker/dictionary! You're not in kindergarten anymore. You've hopefully all learned your ABC's and can write proper English.  ;)

Some of us do have a leaning disability. Even when I use Word, I miss letter order. Worst is I can not comprehend certain words without any audio clue, for example I was unable  able to pronounce latte. The trouble is I did not lean my ABC's (or CBA or A C's ) until in life. I was functionaly illiterate until 12 or 13 due to a inability to diagnose ADD in the 1960's. We all were lumped into retarded.
Now if you are talking about text slang / tween speak (using r u for are you or adding z to every other word, you have a point)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:21:53 pm by Acton »

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 11:33:28 pm »
People who don't know how to use proper grammar and punctuation.  >:( Use a spellchecker/dictionary! You're not in kindergarten anymore. You've hopefully all learned your ABC's and can write proper English.  ;)

lol i now write ! thats so annoying . :P

Yeah, it's annoying when people just use poor grammar because they don't care. If somebody has a learning disability, English isn't their first language, etc, that's a different matter, but if they just do it because they don't want to put effort into writing something... Quite annoying.

Offline Battery

• Male
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 10:13:12 pm »
Furs who can't take a joke sometimes.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 10:24:35 pm »
Multiple tails. Unless you're a Miles Prowler fan, of course.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Praxious

• ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
  • Female
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2011, 01:34:12 am »
i cant stand it when furries fufill the steryotypes...

i spend alot of time convincing people what we ARE about. and clearing the waters of al the bad media based misinformation.
and im sure lots of you out there do there best to represent us best they can

but when im like "no...i SWEAR were not a lot of childish kids clinging to immaturity with plushes, cartoons and puppets" then next thing i know some-fur is doing EXACTLY that. like wearing ears EVERYWHERE licking herself like a cat, alwase carrying a plush, eating nothing but tuna and other feline like food and making meowing noises all the time......it makes me look like a dang fool.

i know some people take the fandom to different levels...but some people really ARE awquard about it beyond necesity..you can be furry without being a socialy awquard basement dweler that everyone is embarrased to be around...

shadow hide you..
...may the night mother wrap you in her cold dead embrace

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 05:14:01 am »
Yeah, it's annoying when people just use poor grammar because they don't care. If somebody has a learning disability, English isn't their first language, etc, that's a different matter, but if they just do it because they don't want to put effort into writing something... Quite annoying.
I'd say when someone has poor grammar which makes their posts difficult to read, it doesn't matter if it's because of a learning disability, English not being their first language, or whatever, it's STILL annoying.  The difference is that with those cases it's understandable, so I'll put up with it.  But just because I understand why it's like that doesn't make it any less hard to read. And it's the hard to read part that's annoying.

Of course, that's not something that limited to furs.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:04 pm »
i cant stand it when furries fufill the steryotypes...

i spend alot of time convincing people what we ARE about. and clearing the waters of al the bad media based misinformation.
and im sure lots of you out there do there best to represent us best they can

but when im like "no...i SWEAR were not a lot of childish kids clinging to immaturity with plushes, cartoons and puppets" then next thing i know some-fur is doing EXACTLY that. like wearing ears EVERYWHERE licking herself like a cat, alwase carrying a plush, eating nothing but tuna and other feline like food and making meowing noises all the time......it makes me look like a dang fool.

i know some people take the fandom to different levels...but some people really ARE awquard about it beyond necesity..you can be furry without being a socialy awquard basement dweler that everyone is embarrased to be around...

You mean I can just choose to not be socially awkward? *headdesks* Now why didn't I think of that?

Offline Praxious

• ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
  • Female
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
lol, i didnt mean it like THAT.

i mean like...when people are just WAY out there and dont bother growing up. you CAN be a furry and not act like your 4.
i often times go with a group and run into furries that are just....theyre like your weird brother than you cant stand going to family outings cause you KNOW he is gonna screw it up for everyone else
shadow hide you..
...may the night mother wrap you in her cold dead embrace

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 04:54:36 am »
Meh, some people just have issues, furry or otherwise. I avoid them altogether; no reason to associate with people if it's unpleasant.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:35 am »
This hatred of people and humanity irritates me to no end. The assumptions that nobody can step out and be different lest they be ridiculed by their peers and end up with no friends. *Melodramatic despair gestulation* Maybe, just maybe, you have the wrong friends, and in being who you are you'd find people who happen to like and accept that? Crazy, I know.

Also a severe lack of creativity, for a fandom like this I would've expected better =;.;=

Offline Acton

• Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:27 pm »
This hatred of people and humanity irritates me to no end. The assumptions that nobody can step out and be different lest they be ridiculed by their peers and end up with no friends. *Melodramatic despair gestulation* Maybe, just maybe, you have the wrong friends, and in being who you are you'd find people who happen to like and accept that? Crazy, I know.

Also a severe lack of creativity, for a fandom like this I would've expected better =;.;=

To me the lack of creativity is a sore point.  As a very creative fandom I see at the same time much of the fandom seems to be stuck  in the same rut. For example to many furry comics are the slice of life featuring a cast of angst twenty somethings or younger.  Much of the furry art is ravers, fantasy mostly native American motif or toony con badges. Almost every con badge and drawing is some version of toony eyes. I got criticized on one my drawing that my eyes were not large enough. I DON'T DO TOONY EYES for my own creation, toony eyes are overused clichéd.

Offline Necryn

• Female
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2011, 08:46:45 am »
For me, it’s the furries that say you can’t be what you are because there are too many of a certain kind, or that it’s been done before.

For example, the too many foxes thing really aggravates me,
With phrases like, {everyone’s a fox, why are there so many foxes?} and {don’t you want to be something different than everyone else?} etc. :P

For some reason, people just can't except that I am what I am because that's what I choose to be. :orfox: :orfox: :orfox: :orfox: Foxes Rule!

Un-uniquenes. Why choose to be something in a fandom that's already been done over one-thousand times before? Use some creativity and come up with something new.

It's been done a thousand times because canids are just awesome like that.  IMO, don't try and fix something that's not broken; if you like canids, then be a canid, no matter how many there are!

It kind of annoys me when people say, "No, don't be a fox or a cat; it's been overdone."  Part of the fun of the fandom is picking your own fursona.  It's like picking a name for a child.  There are the celebrity names (:o)...and then there are the rest of the names, popular or not.  You just have to like the name.  :)

If you want a unique fursona, then I say go for it! :D But, if a fox feels right, then a fox it is!

I wholeheartedly agree!  ^ This annoys me to no end because for me, it's a spiritual thing, so it has been less a matter of choice and more trying to puzzle out what I feel/think I am on the inside.  I can't help it that people who can choose pick canids all the time.  That's one of the reasons I have changed the species of my fursona so much in the past.  I listened to all the people who said I couldn't be a canine because everyone's a canine, when ultimately I went through several species then came back to canines anyway because it's flat out what I feel I am inside.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »
I agree as well. Canids may be fairly common in the fandom but I'm a dog because I genuinely identify with them more than anything else. I'm not going to choose a more unique fursona just to be different when I don't identify with the species. I'd feel like a poser.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Alayna Nikita

• Female
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 12:52:29 am »
Furries who don't know how to deal with trolls, or get overly defensive when someone simply points out that they think we are a bit strange. Honestly, do you really think going into an all-caps ragefest is going to make someone go "I have seen the error of my ways and except furries as the wonderful, creative beings they are!" No, no it will not. The fact that the furry fandom is one of the most trolled fandoms online and offline isn't what bugs me the most, it's because I know there are furries that bring it on us with how they react. Someone with an opposing opinion is not out to threaten the way you think, and a troll's only purpose in life is to piss people off by any method they can conjure up. Laugh at them, stay calm, and eventually they get bored and go bother someone else. I know if more furries realized that and learned how to properly handle a troll/except an opinion different from their own, furries wouldn't get so much crap over the internet. >_>

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
lol, i didnt mean it like THAT.

i mean like...when people are just WAY out there and dont bother growing up. you CAN be a furry and not act like your 4.
i often times go with a group and run into furries that are just....theyre like your weird brother than you cant stand going to family outings cause you KNOW he is gonna screw it up for everyone else

I don't think some people act this way BECAUSE they are furry, I think they act that way anyhow and then CHOOSE FURRY because it fits.

Offline Tristan Thilorn

• Male

Last.fm Tumblr SoFurry Weasyl

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:58 am »

i have a friend whos like this. i quote from a recent text "Next time we hang out can u show me a quick root to get to BK" & other words from texts "Thout" (thought) "R u busy" "Resamay" (resume) "Thou" (though). yes, he has ADD or ADHD of some form, he told me & i can see it. it just really pisses me off how he cant spell simple words! he loves to read manga & comic books, but absolutely wont read a novel! me being a grammar nazi (not punctuation, mind you!), i cant help but correct him. amazing how he blazes through a comic book in 2 minutes, but not a novel of the same amount of pages.

another thing that drives me crazy is High school students doing that, & they dont have any disability!

as for fandom... fursuits with shoes for feet, while wearing nothing else. it doesnt drive me totally crazy, but its like "...WHY JUST SHOES?!?" >>;
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Zantyago

• Species: Badger/goat taur
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 08:01:16 pm »
The hegemony of raver stuff ans slutty outfits......

*feels sick*

Offline Arcanix

• Male
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:35 am »
pretty much everything that irritates me to any end has been pointed out. yiffers, elitists, priders, creepers, and all the rest.

there is one minor point to be made. there are Fur's that have disabilties. i myself am one such fur. i cannot help but be socialy awkward. this does not mean however that i do not atempt to police myself and maintail a proper amount of respect. there are just some situations where i either loose sight of how awkward i am, or simply do not know/understand what i should/shouldn't do. A.S.A.D. sucks like that...

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 03:29:17 am »
as for fandom... fursuits with shoes for feet, while wearing nothing else. it doesnt drive me totally crazy, but its like "...WHY JUST SHOES?!?" >>;

I don't especially share this pet peeve, but I found this phrasing of it hilarious.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:25 am »
The thing that drives me crazy about the fandom is all the people that complain about things in the fandom that drive them crazy. You know, kinda like this thread. :P

Granted some of it's rational, like yiff where it shouldn't be, but I think there's a lot of stuff that people really need to let roll off their shoulders more.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.