Author Topic: Furtopia Xmas Exchange[SIGNUPS CLOSED]  (Read 21425 times)

Offline Savaaha

• Female
Furtopia Xmas Exchange[SIGNUPS CLOSED]
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:09:04 pm »
Well, it's almost that time of year again. The shops have been getting their early Christmas stocks in, Christmas lights are going up, and mebbe we've got our eyes on something that we'd like to receive or something we'd like to give. What ever the signs are, Christmas is coming up soon. This means that we've got to get the Furtopian Christmas Gift Exchange (FCGE) up and running.

So, if you are interested in participating this year, all you have to do is post here that you can do it, if you're willing to send over seas or not and some gift ideas to help who ever you're assigned to with your gift.

Then PM Kada-Ru your physical address.  These will be kept private except for the person that is sending you an exchange. Nothing over $5 but if you wish to go over that is up to you. You can find out what your exchange likes either by looking at their profile or contacting them and asking what types of things they like.

Once the names have been matched, your address will be sent to the person that is sending you your gift, through PM.

Also, because of problems in the past if you are in the USA when sending out your present get delivery confirmation(or tracking #) for the shipment.  This is about 75 cents at the PO.  Then send this tracking number to your exchange and Kada-Ru. This is good for 2 things:  1. shows that you actually sent your exchange and 2. that it is not your responsibility if it gets lost in the mail or some other thing.

Minors must have parental permission to take place in this event and must give their home mailing address or PO Box address for gift. We do not require proof of parental consent, please do not abuse it as it could cause problems for you or for us.

If you want to join in but KNOW you can't afford to send anything, DO NOT say that you can.  This only looks bad on you. It could also keep you from ever participating again, the same with getting an exchange and never sending it.  This is done on the HONOR system.  So, please, let's keep it real and fun by actually joining in and sending your exchanges!  Furtopia has been doing this exchange for the past 3 years!

And finally the most important thing of all have fun and enjoy!

EDIT Important Dates;

The deadline for participants is the 5th of December.
You then have 10 days read over their post and to arrange a gift for your assigned Furtopian
This means that you have to post the present on the 15th of December so that it will get to the recipiant in good time before Christmas.

Who has sent;
Savaaha
Kaloyan Alett
promagnum

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:48:35 am by Savaaha »

Offline Kwan

• They are my Om-Noms and I want them!
  • Female
    • my stuff on  FA
Re: Furtopia Xmas Exchange
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:47:05 pm »
Count me in! 

Due to financial reasons, I can only ship within the continental USA.

Ideas for me:
I dig rats, donkeys, rhinos, gargoyles, gryphons, and would love anything pertaining them (plushy, figurine, magnet, calendar, art, whatever)

Basic art supplies (extra-soft white eraser, pencils/markers, gift card to a national art store chain, etc)

I also love manga, anime, science fiction

I also love to cook (and eat), so interesting spices are always cool, or a foodstuff your local area is proud of is always fun to try.

(PLEASE, no mugs or religious items!)
Card-carrying member of the following fan-clubs:
FarRaptor (in capacity of self-proclaimed Number One Fan-Girl)
Blastdav  (in capacity of Official Tormentor)
Mazz      (Furtopian ambassador ne plus ultra)
White Shepherd (Lo, WS laid hands on Furtopia, and it hath arisen)

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:04:56 pm »
I'm in. due to money issues though, I can only ship in the USA.

Ideas for me are:

plushies
art of my fursona (Asian Golden Cat)
pretty much anything. :)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »
Wooot! I've been waiting for this! :)

(Yes I'm in, and I can ship across seas)

Ideas for myself:
  • Plushies of any wolf, or husky for that matter. I actually don't own any. :(
  • Music related ideas are also welcome! I'm a big fan of "soundscape" like, or new-age music. If it were original, that would be amazing!
  • If you're a musician, and were to compose something for the piano, that'd be interesting, and loved!
  • I'm a fan of random costumes pieces, and goggles. 8)
  • Of course, any art of my fursona (red wolf, the real-life kind (meaning, it has a slight brown color)).
  • Anything TF2 related.
  • I'm also a fan of the game "Myst", so that's another possibility for something related to that.
  • Anything creative and heartfelt will make me smile!
  • Tea is especially delicious! Green and Black are both fine!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:44:02 pm by Lawrence »
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:33:51 pm »
I was wondering if it would happen this year!  I just barely joined AFTER the last one.  I'm in.  :)

I can ship anywhere, I believe.

Lemme see... ideas...

1.  Foxes.  You can never go wrong there.  Plushies, statues, drawings, other cool things... they'd make me happy.
2.  Anything with canines (specifically huskies, wolves or coyotes) or felines.
3.  Books are good.  I'll read about anything, though I enjoy the classics more than most other things.
4.  Anything Native American.
5.  Music would rock.  Again, I'm a classical or oldies fan, but I like anything except country and rap.
6.  Though I profess I'm not a computer nerd like I used to be, anything uber-nerdy would be great.  Just don't tell my IRL friends... <.<

Yeay!  I'm happy!  ^_^
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 07:23:47 pm »
I will of course be in again this year and can send any where as long as it's something that I could get on amazon.com or I'm not sure I'd be able to do anything outside the UK..  As for items, some thing special and unique would do me fine.  If you're still stuck, feel free to contact me ^^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 08:16:47 pm »
This seems like fun, I can only ship in the continental US.

About me to inspire ideas:
    • I'm not a plushie person, but am not against getting or giving one.
    • I like manga, anime and things of that nature.
    • Very plain and simple jewlery is okay, I wear a thin chain necklace all the time and like rings, so male jewlery is okay as long as it's not flashy or stands out.
    • A tail would be nice and would help to focus in on what kind of fur pattern would fit me.
    • Any kind of art of my fursona would be cool, but I'm in a transitional phase where I'm not sure if I'm 100% wolf or part bat/dragon. If you want to send fursona art just let your creativity flow, I've put my RL pic in the appropriate thread if anyone wants to base a pic on my RL self.
    I can't think of anything else so if you've read my posts and know something I'd like more than anything listed then by all means. :)
    I'm guilty of being hard to shop for since I'm happy with what little I have.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »
I don't want any physical objects. No books, CDs, plushies, food items, etcetera. If you draw a picture or something, you're welcome to send the original, but email would work just fine.

I like pictures, photos, music and stories. If there's someplace really neat near your house, some vista you'd like to show others, then I am probably interested. Slideshows are good. Paintings are good. Quiet sounds, like natural places and ambient music, are good. If you're an artist, I'd love a rendition of my fursona, or of a scene from one of my stories. If you're a writer, you can always send Soulgate fanfiction. ^.~

I'm very easily startled. I don't like voice recordings, loud music, outfits that even hint at immodesty, or anything that's not family-friendly. Humor will probably be lost on me -- gag gifts are not a good idea. And I write TF stories, but I find it uncomfortable to dwell on physical transformations themselves. So keep that in mind if you decide to draw or write something.

I can ship internationally.

Offline promagnum

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 09:22:28 pm »
Mommy guessed it would be ok.

Ide-ers.
I like music. Any music except heavy metal and rap. I like oldies. Sun Record Stuff the most. Heck if your band has something you're allowed to send it my way.

I play guitar so any guitary like stuff is good. ^^

(I have puppies for everyone btw)

I like art so arty stuff (no i don't create stuff).

Keep it appropriate for a family. No bad stuff. No gags or loud noise making toys.

I'm Christian so Christiany stuff (Protestant -> Lutheran -> ELCA) so yeah. Those are fine too.

I can send some puppies to whomever is my exchange person thingy.
"You're only as fast as the driver behind you."

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Pick a number, any number
  • Male
    • My Furaffinity page
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 11:34:50 pm »
I'd love to participate. I can definitely ship in the US, and I should be able to do it Internationally as well (I've done it before, and it wasn't that bad. I just need to make sure I've got all the proper paperwork).

Now, as to stuff I'm interested in...

Ugh, I'm not so good in this area. I'd say anything movie-related, but knowing my spending habits whatever it is, I've probably already bought it :P And there's other stuff, but it's all far too expensive for something like this. But, giving it a shot:

-Plush stuff. I need more, I've got very few left around me.

-Raccoon stuff. Again, I've got very few of it lying around here, and need more.

-Some art is always a good thing by my standards (just keep it clean). I've got some reference sheets for my Fursona lying about if anyone needs them.

-Ah heck, something movie related. Anything really, it's all good.

As to what I can offer, it will be something store-bought. Sorry, no art skills here, and my camera is unavailable, so I can't take any pics. Just a heads up.

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 05:29:24 pm »
Count me in.

As for stuff I like.. Anything horse related, Old School (1980s) my little pony,breyer mini whinnies or stablemates, Wall decorations,stickers, pictures, plushies.. Please no religious stuff unless you find Hare Krishna stuff.
I can send US only this year due to finances.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:29:06 pm by Savaaha »

Offline millislim

• Princess Indira Fairfang
  • Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 09:55:47 pm »
I'm in...over seas ok.

I'm not particular about what I receive. Drawings, calandars, plushies...whatever

what can I offer? maybe jewelry, drawings of course (digital and hand done), maybe some plushies, and if monies are good...i may be able to provide ears and/or tail
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:07:45 pm by millislim »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 11:27:15 pm »
I'm in...over seas ok.

I'm not particular about what I receive. Drawings, calandars, plushies...whatever

what can I offer? maybe jewelry, drawings of course (digital and hand done), maybe some plushies, and if monies are good...i may be able to provide ears and/or tail
I know a way you can ensure lots of monies Milli. *cough cough* sell your art *cough* *cough cough* But it's been suggested neumerous times and you seem so adamant about not doing it.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline weese

• In ur Screen, likin' ur pixelz!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:44:37 pm »
I'm in!

US 48 States only.

I like all sorts of stuff so it doesn't matter much what you get me, it's the thought that counts :).

Things I like:

Aviation

Modeling

Computers

Pins, magnets, or key chains (Cause it's an easy thing to find, and can be useful.)

Art (Please keep it clean)

Coffee

The list goes on and on but that should give you an idea. If not PM, E-mail, or IM me.
My fur code:
FCft3a A-- C- D H+ M? P++ R T+++ W- Z- Sm- RL- a- cl++ d-- e- f h* i++ j p+++ sm-.      <-- Is outdated.

Offline millislim

• Princess Indira Fairfang
  • Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 01:52:24 am »
I'm in...over seas ok.

I know a way you can ensure lots of monies Milli. *cough cough* sell your art *cough* *cough cough* But it's been suggested neumerous times and you seem so adamant about not doing it.

lol well i meant if i have more than i would expect...i've never done commission work so i'm a bit nervous about trying  :P

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 02:38:05 pm »
Dude, this was so much fun last year!!!
Count me in this year again :D
I can ship over sees if I have to as well ^___^

Ideas for me....

Drawings of me work. Maybe my fursona character pictured fighting in a traditional Japanese tosa fighting ring :D If you do choose something like this PLEAAAASE research about it D: Here's my reference sheet: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1317773/
There is also a link about tosa inus included on that in the image description. Also, look in my latest submissions on FA to see if I post a more updated image. I'm in the process of updating my reference sheet :D

Other ideas are stories you can personally write, music if you are a music creator as well.

Anything having to do with centaurs or taur creatures :D

Anything having to do with Shere Khan from the Jungle Book, or the Vultures from The Jungle Book. Heck anything having to do with the Jungle Book works :D

If you need any help, you can contact me if you want! I'm not going to bite :P

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 03:00:41 am »
I see a lot of folks saying they are in but to date, these are the only addresses sent to me through PM for the exchange.

Tachyon
Savaaha
Kaloyan Alett
Magical_HATz                ok outside usa
Relaxing Dragon             ok outside usa
Millislim                         ok outside usa
Lawrence

Thank you Relaxing Dragon and Millislim.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Pick a number, any number
  • Male
    • My Furaffinity page
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:02 am »
Oh yeah, knew I was forgetting to do something. PM is forthcoming.

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10:14 am »
Indeed! I knew I had to PM someone, but I at first was just waiting for her to come and post so I could be lazy... then I forgot about it. (:

PM should be sent with everything you need!
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 11:36:27 am »
*giggles*  No problem Lawrence.  That happens to the best of us from time to time!

Folks, without addresses you will not be included in the exchange.

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 12:17:03 pm »
Update on names who have PMed me their address:

Tachyon                      ok outside usa
Savaaha
Kaloyan Alett
Magical_HATz                ok outside usa
Relaxing Dragon             ok outside usa
Millislim                         ok outside usa
Lawrence
Sage

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 01:15:42 pm »
I am okay with shipping things outside the United States. My apologies; I didn't think to specify that in the PM I sent.

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 03:03:43 pm »
Thanks Tachyon.  gotcha. :)

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 04:29:39 pm »
I am okay with shipping things outside the United States. My apologies; I didn't think to specify that in the PM I sent.

Same with me, I'm ok with it. x_x
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 09:25:19 pm »
Me and Kada will in the draw this year as well. :)
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot