Author Topic: Have you ever been hated just for being a fur?  (Read 11202 times)

Offline Magna

• Female
Re: Have you ever been hated just for being a fur?
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »
The most I've run into was a few trolls on various internet forums and chatrooms. Their taunts were met with subsequent counter-trolls, specially created to make them look like morons while making me look clever and not a complete jerk. People tend to be sympathetic if you're patient and nice to the trolls. A bit of humor never hurts either.

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:45 pm »
No not really. My friends accept it, and know it`s part of who I am.

Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:47 am »
No because no one but my parents know. After they got got their hatin' done they have me thus basic message "your not a furry person and I won't let you be one." so that message didn't stop me did it? I'm not telling my friends for my own good, lord knows what my parents will do to me. But I've pretty much gave my my friends the idea of me being a furry without them knowing what it is. So when the day comes when I tell them they'll think "well that's not one bit strange for you is it?" I'll probably persuade them to the good side and they seem to listen to what I say and be pretty understanding. But lord knows what will happen... Once I have real life support from a parent it'll be a while lot easier.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:56 am »
Well, only one guy has semi-hatin, but he just went "Really?" and left it at that. Most people don't know it, but that's because NOBODY asks. If they did, I could ramble all day about it.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:14 pm »
(I'm on the bus) The people just got into a conversation about furries, a whole bunch of steryotypes were being tossed around. I almost stood up and said that they were wrong. But i couldnt.....gahh should i have said something?
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »
(I'm on the bus) The people just got into a conversation about furries, a whole bunch of steryotypes were being tossed around. I almost stood up and said that they were wrong. But i couldnt.....gahh should i have said something?
That's when I start playing the "I heard that they aren't really like that, I know a few" game.

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 10:21:41 pm »
Hah good point. I think I`ll use that next time. But they seriously rubbed me the wrong way... *growls*

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2012, 10:38:00 pm »
I've been thinking about this for hours and wondered what I would do, we don't have a bus though, but even in school the word gets around faster than a jack rabbit running down an icy hill being chased by tractors towards a chocolate chip cookie! Thankfully none of that has been about furries...
But what you should do is keep your cool! Talk to the friends that respect your furriness about the topic and maybe your school councilor if you got one and they're nice.
I don't know if you'll ever do this in high school, but my sister had to make a 30 minute video about something that really bugged her, and no doubt mine will be about trolls and haters.
So just play it cool, watch your words, and try to gain as much support from people you trust to help.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 11:41:58 pm »
*Pets Carter* Thanks buddy Imma do that video thing though...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:08 am »
It's sad, but there will always be those who have reasons to hate
those who are different. They have dozens of reasons, but it's just
a way to justify it in their own minds.

One should ask if they hate all humanoid animal cartoon
characters too.  Along with the artists, and actors who
make them. Oh and the sponsers too.

One needs to remember there are those who go out of
their way to hurt or kill animals. Reasons vary of course.
Those who do things like that can loose empathy for all life,
including human. 

There isn't any reason to tell everyone you enjoy being part of the
furry fandom. No more than you would advertise any other hobby.

The vast majority of those who like the fandom are nice average
people with a common interest.

I don't hide the fact I like to draw animal characters.  I only had
one person have a bad response to my drawings, and I think drawings
in general was against his religion..

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

oldrabbit.com

Offline Tuulikel

• “With a rubber duck, one's never alone”
  • Female
    • Snow Masquerade - Twitter
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »
That's when I start playing the "I heard that they aren't really like that, I know a few" game.

I do that too. Although it is true, I do know furries, I'm not just telling them that I am one.

I know people who hate furries and some of them are my friends (I like to believe that their hate originates from misunderstanding) but as I have already stated before, I like to keep things to myself and I'm not "openly" furry. Still, I'm trying to defend out little subculture.
I'm sorry, English is not my native language, but I'm doing my best and trying to get better.
https://twitter.com/Snowmasquerade

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »
Why can't everyone just get along with furries. We're nice enough. It's not like we kill anything. Even the stereotypes aren't as bad as a lot of other subcultures. I just can't understand it sometimes. PLUR! :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 08:22:56 pm »
No one knows i am a furry yet. But People who hate just have something to hide. Some of the nicest people i have ever met are furry. Like glowstick said we didnt hurt anyone but it is in human nature to dispise and hurt, mentally or physically, that which they dont understand. You cant let them get to you for once you do you have given up that which is who you are.

Never let people hurt you for you are the only one worthy of deciding who you are
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 01:05:11 pm »
in gym class some other students started telling me that its impossible to be furry
so i grab d my sketch book and proved them wrong by showing them
my drawings and they decided that
my drownings of furry nature wire further prof that i cant be a furry  >:(
how does that Evin make cents
fisical evidence that i am furry being used to say the opposite :P
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 03:52:19 am »
^Sounds like you or they were confusing being furry with actually becoming an anthropomorphic animal.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Vulpes Fuscus

• Male
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:59 am »
I guess you could say the only abuse I've got for fandom was from trolling, or as I like to call it free personality weathering.

No one knows i am a furry yet. But People who hate just have something to hide. Some of the nicest people i have ever met are furry. Like glowstick said we didnt hurt anyone but it is in human nature to dispise and hurt, mentally or physically, that which they dont understand. You cant let them get to you for once you do you have given up that which is who you are.

Never let people hurt you for you are the only one worthy of deciding who you are

I'll give you a hint as to what most them are hiding...
They are boring, and somehow they think that drawing attention to us helps them look good.
It doesn't really have any affect on what people think of them, they are still boring too.
Silliness is a hobby, not a full-time job

Time flies when you fire a clock out of a cannon

Every time a lunatic sees the ocean an angel gets it's wings - My sister

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:53 am »
Not so much, but I believe many furs hate non-furs, of which I am one, does that count? Being hated for NOT being a fur, or otherwise being thought of as less of a person for not being one? Bit of hypocrisy there.

Offline Cirocco the Silver Fox

• Male
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 03:43:35 am »
Well when I came out of the fur closet my sister accused me, and still does, of pursuing sexual relations with my dog. Does that count?
I chase the wind, but have no dreams of catching it.

Today is all we have - Personal Mantra

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »
That most definitely counts. I don't see how being furry automatically places images of animal on human sex into the minds of people who are told. What sick people are these. Yes I'm furry, do you know what that means? Do I have sex with bears and cats? NO! All that furry is is that I enjoy anthropomorphic art, for the most part cartoons, and am closer to animals than most people. If anything, I'm much closer to a child than someone who molests dogs. What goes through these people's heads that would inspire them to think you have sex with animals in the first place. This is especially disturbing when it's the first thing they think of when someone comes out to them about it. I just can't stand people sometimes. Seriously people, every heard of PLUR! Try it sometime!!! >:(
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• Male
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »
PLUR? i am un-awar of its meaning

i had song on my mp3 by the same name

is it an Abbreviation for somthing
like FBI CIA or my favorit the KGB
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »
Yes PLUR is an acronym. It means Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. Peace with the world and all who inhabit it, no matter how much they bug you. Love for all things, no matter how much you hate them. Unity of spirit with all others on Earth. And Respect for all others opinions, decisions, and beliefs. I believe that these morals are essential to a happier existence. Of course, Unity is interchangeable with some other words that start with U, like Understanding. But I feel Respect sort of means Understanding in a sense.

P.S. - If you can find that song somewhere, link it so I can hear it, please.

PLUR

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• Male
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 07:56:12 pm »
on band camp.com thar was an artist namd dj jojo that changd his/hir name to dj inpurity
but now  i am un-able to find that artist
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Cirocco the Silver Fox

• Male
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 06:44:07 am »
Oh and my brother once ripped into me via text for being a furry freak of nature, and some such other crap. Including how he worried about me being around his kids since I am a furry and obviously a threat - however he seems to have completely forgotten about that in the span of twenty-four hours.
I chase the wind, but have no dreams of catching it.

Today is all we have - Personal Mantra

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
Well i have'nt met any haters yet but i will, it's just a matter of time. But some friendly advice don't let it bug you. Even if it's your family if they can't appreciate who you are then best that you did'nt know them in the first place. Funny thing about family though is that over a while they tend to overlook the entire thing or completely forget about it, thank god.

Never let people hurt you for you are the only one worthy of deciding who you are.

P.S. anyone else find it strange that as soon as you tell people about something like " i'm a furry" or "i'm a trekkie" they automatically assume some sort of sexual preferance about you?

For the record i am not a trekkie.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »
I find that oddly strange as well. I don't assume any form of sexual deviance when someone tells me they do something out of the norm. Maybe people just have really messed up minds. I can see where they would assume sexuality, because of the early publicity of furries, but why must it continue. Have we not proven we are not sick people only out for furry sex?

PLUR