Author Topic: Atheist Furs  (Read 12129 times)

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
Atheist Furs
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:08 pm »
(This is not posted in the desire to affend) (The posts and observations made here are purely opinionated. And I ask no one to create and argueement.)(I am mainly wanting to see if there are any others like me here.)

I was just wondering if there are any other Atheist furries here.
And what your opinions are?

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
Re: Atheist Furs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:52:27 pm »
*raises paw*
im one :3

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:00:42 pm »
I'm not an aethist, but my views on god and religion are quite different from the norm. It can be difficult to explain and this might not be the best thread for it so I'll simply say that if you wish to hear my oppinions on religion, spirituality and god just PM me and I'll be happy to share my views.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:21:37 pm »
I'm an atheist.

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:01 pm »
I am in the same boat as Kaloyan in that I don't follow the norms, although I am not an atheist.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 11:00:59 pm »
I'm an atheist too.

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »
My views are based more on a logical scientific approach.

A firm understanding of Mythology and Pyschology, has given me a clear view of what and where religion is from. Although I roughly respect peoples rights to religoius views, I see it as a double sword. Where it has the potiencial for good. It has an equal concaquince of creating strife and conflict among people. Because it has surved mans ideals so well, People are willing to fight and die over it. I detest this fact most of all.

I have however, come to realize how short life is. So I have taken up the road to enlightenment in the hopes of self discovery. It is my desire to see people more peaceful and tollerant of one another.

I have seen that most conflict, is due to fear, misunderstanding, and sterio typing. So it is my mission to " Be the change I want to see in the world" - gandhi

Please forgive me if I have affended anyone. But these are my truthful observations and what I honestly feel. To tell you anything different would be a lie and disrespectful.

That is I respect you enough to tell you the truth about what I feel, Rather then lie.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:10:11 pm by Onion Knight »

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:05 pm »
Hey Onion Knight, I know that religious differences can often be a touchy subject in this country, and I understand why you might be reluctant to talk about religious beliefs you might think are controversial... but man, you're in the furry fandom now. You gotta calm down some. :D

I've been linking to this site a lot lately, but that's because it's just so darn useful in making my points: http://www.furcenter.org/. The research that's been done there suggests that 20.8% of the fandom is atheist and 24.8% is agnostic, for a total of 45.6% of the fandom (as opposed to 25.9% Christian). 45.6% is a lot of people, son. You're not alone. In fact, you're probably in the one place where atheism and religious freedom are least controversial.

Your posts make it seem almost like you're apologizing for your religious views, as if you're ashamed of them (or at least afraid to talk about them). Don't be afraid! Be proud!

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 11:32:33 pm »
Onion, my mantra for life is "I will take a harsh truth over a comforting lie. For it is only in the turth that one can truely grow as a person and discover their place in life and the world." Yes this quote does change in wording nearly everytime I say it yet the message always remains the same, whether I can handle it or not I want the truth, even if it nearly destroys me, it's better than living with false hope.

I'm certainly not offended by this thread Onion so no worries from me. :) I think it's good to express your own beliefs now and then to others as long as you aren't shoving it down their throats or being disrespectful about them having differing oppions. I think it's cool that you've found what works for you.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »
Seriously Onion, calm down. lol

I doubt anyone in this place is going to be bothered by your views, so long as you are respectful. Which you certainly are.  (:

And, like Arbutus said, if there is anywhere you can be comfortable with religious differences, it is the furry fandom.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 11:41:59 pm »
Lol, simply I am not appologieing for my views.
I was just making clear that I was not trying to affend anyone.  :)

Thank you for your feed back.  :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:43:39 pm by Onion Knight »

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 12:29:07 am »
I'm not atheist; just agnostic.  I love to hear about people's beliefs, though.  :)

Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Tsumetaiyuki

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 01:33:26 am »
I'm not atheist but im not religous either.

there is no proof that a god or gods do exist but then agian there is no proof that they dont exist either.
So to choose a side with no data  / proof to back it up is a little ignorant imo.
Seeing as there is no proof either way people who are undecided should remain just that.

agian this is all imo of course.
Cold Heartless Cruel Nazi.

For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 01:48:27 am »
I'm not atheist but im not religous either.

there is no proof that a god or gods do exist but then agian there is no proof that they dont exist either.
So to choose a side with no data  / proof to back it up is a little ignorant imo.
Seeing as there is no proof either way people who are undecided should remain just that.

agian this is all imo of course.
When it comes to religion it's all more or less in your own oppion. ;) Of course I do see evidence of a creator's presence in some aspects of life, but not as strongly as christians do. Christians claim that anything good in life is god's doing and bad things are just the devil, or god testing them. I don't believe god or any other spiritual entity would spend so much time messing with folk. lol.

I see the hand of a creator in nature but not an active one, more of one who set up rules by which the universe should run by and then started things off and left it alone. like if you made a computer program that ran on a randomality based chaos-engine to generate an outcome. You may have an idea as to the outcome based on the set rules but it cannot be presicely predicted.

But this is just how I believe the nature of the universe is in relation to god, I have other beliefes based on spirituality that take into account the natural laws of science.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 03:27:19 pm »
A 'religion' of one, though I honestly don't know how much of it really could be considered a religion; after all, the only leaps of faith I took were leaps of faith in my own abilities to correctly reason and draw conclusions from the data, as well as to correctly act upon said conclusions. Furthermore, I don't have any form of anything that doesn't obey physics, nothing that is not-understandable, given enough time and information and processing power, no circular reasoning (though reflexive reasoning is allowed, such as that 1=1 by the reflexive theorem of equality or whatever it was called. Only known principles of reality were allowed in my derivation of my conclusions.), and no high and mighty omnipotent deities that can make laws up on a whim.
I generally side with the aethists.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Katra

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »
*Raises paw.* I'm another furry atheist.
Richard Reid
Captain; webship Corwinda

Offline KhanKaze

• I'm always tired
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 11:58:20 pm »
*waves* I'm an athiest. In fact I'm pretty proud to say I'm an athiest.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:37 am »
A 'religion' of one, though I honestly don't know how much of it really could be considered a religion; after all, the only leaps of faith I took were leaps of faith in my own abilities to correctly reason and draw conclusions from the data, as well as to correctly act upon said conclusions. Furthermore, I don't have any form of anything that doesn't obey physics, nothing that is not-understandable, given enough time and information and processing power, no circular reasoning (though reflexive reasoning is allowed, such as that 1=1 by the reflexive theorem of equality or whatever it was called. Only known principles of reality were allowed in my derivation of my conclusions.), and no high and mighty omnipotent deities that can make laws up on a whim.
I generally side with the aethists.

The spiritual world doesn't really obey the laws of our physical world but I've experienced enough to make me a believer. And as for paranormal activity, I've experienced a lot of that too.

I have no explanation. How can you explain something that doesn't obey our natural laws? It's a sensory experience, like trying to decribe sight to someone who has never seen, smell, taste, etc...
Heck for all I know god could simply be an entity from the 4th physical dimension or higher. A possibilty I'm not willing to outrule.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 06:46:11 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, the existence IS the physical world; if something is outside of existence, it does not exist. Paranormal activity is really just perfectly explainable phenomena, but phenomena that is often misinterpreted due to lack of knowledge.

For example:

The primitive man who lived in that primitive body that is still carried on could not explain, say, lightning and thunder, and would consequentially attribute it to a diety or other supernatural being or something like that. There was no way it could know with its limited information that it was nothing more than the discharge of electrostatic electricity that had built up between the clouds and the ground.

Just as many things are easily misinterpreted as being supernatural or artificial in origin, when really, they are perfectly natural occurrence.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 07:20:21 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, the existence IS the physical world; if something is outside of existence, it does not exist. Paranormal activity is really just perfectly explainable phenomena, but phenomena that is often misinterpreted due to lack of knowledge.

For example:

The primitive man who lived in that primitive body that is still carried on could not explain, say, lightning and thunder, and would consequentially attribute it to a diety or other supernatural being or something like that. There was no way it could know with its limited information that it was nothing more than the discharge of electrostatic electricity that had built up between the clouds and the ground.

Just as many things are easily misinterpreted as being supernatural or artificial in origin, when really, they are perfectly natural occurrence.
Interesting. we're getting off topic so I'm going to send a PM in response to this.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »
Agnostic Fur here. I don't like dogmas.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:21 pm »
Yes, dogmas are the most highly un-optimal forms of information; it's Ignorant, Unjustified Belief. I certainly agree with you.
That's why I chose to base everything I believe off of either Justified (as much as possible) Belief or Justified Knowledge (True Belief). :3

Offline KuroOokamiTsume

• Skunk + Fox = SOX!
  • Female
    • Kuro's Artsy Fartsy Page!
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 01:16:06 pm »
*grabs torch and pitchforks*

ATHEIST FURRIES?! IN MY FORUMS?!?!?!?! YOU MUST LEARN!

XD

No really, I'm a Christian, (I use that term very loosely now - a - days it seems...) but I very seldom, if at all, get offended with Anti-Christian or  "sacrilegious" material, or people. Its funny - most of the people who know I'm a Christian say I'm not, and most that don't say I am (the closest) they've seen to a mature one. XD I guess it's because I don't press my views on others, or believe the whole nonsense "OH! YOU MUST CONVERT THE IGNORANT AND ENLIGHTEN THEM ALL OF GOD'S LOVE AND GRACE!"

I don't fall in anywhere. ;_;
Like my avatar? I take commissions: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kuroookamitsume
Into each life, some rain must fall, to water the gardens of our souls." - Me.

Offline Kinshi

• It's happening!
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »
I'm christian, and I believe in God as an entity which exists in a higher plane of existence than ours. I get along perfectly with atheists, agnostics, jews, wiccan, ...one of my good friends is muslim...The only thing i hate are bible/thora/ku'ran bashers who try to force their beliefs on you...
Sometimes I wonder how easily I am influenced by those around me. The need to fit in somewhere always tugs at me from the back of my mind, even though I should be doing my own thing.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 03:18:53 pm »
I'm christian, and I believe in God as an entity which exists in a higher plane of existence than ours. I get along perfectly with atheists, agnostics, jews, wiccan, ...one of my good friends is muslim...The only thing i hate are bible/thora/ku'ran bashers who try to force their beliefs on you...
It's nice to know there are many out there who don't force feed thier views to all they know. Live and let die-er, I mean let live. :)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart