Author Topic: How has furry changed you?  (Read 28314 times)

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
Re: How has furry changed you?
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 07:30:24 am »
well i didnt mean it like that...

I know you didn't, its just I was pointing out an issue of some people who use that phrase badly. I probably should have said that.

O ya that would have helped

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Medianoche

• Female
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 02:44:08 am »
Furry to me, and the discovery of your fursona for that matter, is to me (and heaps of other people here I'm sure) one of self-discovery, furry has made me more aware of myself, able to embrace aspects of myself that I hadn't before and a more open and accepting person, I think :)

Pets name: Draken
Adopt your own!

Offline khurynn

• oulf!
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 06:29:13 pm »
I've noticed three effects since joining the fandom.  The biggest one is probably that I've become much more aware of certain parts of my personality and, as others have also mentioned, have come to realize things about myself that I just hadn't really noticed or acknowledged before.  I think people either intentionally or naturally try so hard to conform to society's norms that they can easily overlook or even bury some very interesting things about themselves and the way they perceive the world, if that makes sense.  I think I've also become much more aloof around other people, particularly people that I don't know (I'm fairly antisocial to begin with).  I can't say I intended for this to happen but it seems to be evolving that way.  On the other hand, I'm definitely far happier now, being a part of this community than I was before finding it.  (:

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful."  -Roy Mustang

Offline Kinshi

• It's happening!
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 07:35:13 am »
The biggest change for me is probably my sudden personality change from 'i don't care' to 'Are you serious? that's awesome!'
Also, recently, i've started associating stuff with furry in lots of ways...
like on Discovery channel, the were talking about kekhsburgh, and showed pittsburgh 70 miles away from it , i almost shouted: 'that's the place where Anthrocon is held!'.  :D
Sometimes I wonder how easily I am influenced by those around me. The need to fit in somewhere always tugs at me from the back of my mind, even though I should be doing my own thing.

Offline AzureVixen

• I <3 Foxes
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008, 10:35:16 pm »
Exactly what the title says, how has your furriness changed you as a person?

Personally, i think being a furry has helped me become more open, as well as being way more accepting of other peoples differences. ( I used to be the biggest homophobe  x_x ). It's strange how one of the weirdest fandoms can make you a bit more normal.

Recently too i've picked up drawing.... so much harder than it looks  >:(

It's made me just accept other views, even if others oppose mine it's ok. I'm never sad because i always have Krystal or Lucario to think of.
It has also made me think of trying to become an artist. My drawings may not be amazing now but if I can keep at it it will improve.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:12:18 pm »
Being aware of my furriness has indeed allowed me to take my own art to another level.  I used to just doodle in my spare time, but after getting into the fandom, I put more emphasis and focus on it (even though I'm a lazy procrastinator and often go long periods without doing anything).
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2008, 02:33:35 am »
Furry to me, and the discovery of your fursona for that matter, is to me (and heaps of other people here I'm sure) one of self-discovery, furry has made me more aware of myself, able to embrace aspects of myself that I hadn't before and a more open and accepting person, I think :)

spot-on

i'v felt more open as a person since i suposse you could say "coming out of the furry closet" and this forum and  it's fantastic community has realy helped

thanks
*hugs*

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline AzureVixen

• I <3 Foxes
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 10:22:11 am »
Now that i've been one a little longer since i last posted here, i've noticed that being a furry has made me a much nicer person. Like everything in general, i've been much nicer.

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2008, 05:27:05 pm »
I've been able to open up and be the real me. before i was really shy and now im not so consernd abut what other people think.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 12:44:09 am »
Man. I think I lost track of what the fandom has done to me!  :D

I see animals in a different light, and tend to treat them more like humans.

I have a different ascetic ideas, as far a physical atractivness.

I am more accepting of my, and other people's sexuality.

Oh, and I want a pear of ears. ^.^

The list goes on...
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 06:11:13 pm »

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 09:05:02 pm »
It actually does look sort of like an ear ...

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2008, 09:09:39 pm »

Or . . . rather that it has bunny ears.
I do see where you're coming from, though.

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 09:53:55 pm »

Or . . . rather that it has bunny ears.

Agh. >.> Eyesight fail!

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:18 pm »
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline hyperferret

• Juuust keep swimming~~~
  • Female
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2008, 10:06:29 pm »
Hmmm... I've become even more accepting of people, even though I've never really been very discriminative or anything. And I've tried to communicate with animals on their level, rather than in my language. (Think Parelli). I don't think it's really changed that much about me...

Offline NibblesNutkins

• Male
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2009, 12:25:38 am »
Funny really, the biggest change it's made for me is identifying actions as furry in nature and making sure not to do certain things in public that I was oblivious to before.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 12:36:59 am »
Funny really, the biggest change it's made for me is identifying actions as furry in nature and making sure not to do certain things in public that I was oblivious to before.

Aww, c'mon!  What's wrong with acting furry in public?  If it's for the fear of people suspecting you're a furry, or just the fear that they deem you weird, then think about it.  If YOU were oblivious to the actions as a "pre-fur," then they'll be even less conspicuous to a non-fur!  :D

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2009, 12:49:50 am »

Aww, c'mon!  What's wrong with acting furry in public?  If it's for the fear of people suspecting you're a furry, or just the fear that they deem you weird, then think about it.  If YOU were oblivious to the actions as a "pre-fur," then they'll be even less conspicuous to a non-fur!  :D

Some people are more audacious about their furriness than others. Me personally, I wouldn't mind walking down the street wearing ears and a tail.  :goldgrin: 
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2009, 08:20:06 am »
realising aswell now that being a furry has really bostted my confidence

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Kinshi

• It's happening!
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2009, 11:10:09 am »
I now try to communicate with our cats in their language. (we got like 23 cats in our garden and that number is still increasing, they kinda live there and they just won't come inside of the house, i even get to pet them and feed them ^^)
Sometimes I wonder how easily I am influenced by those around me. The need to fit in somewhere always tugs at me from the back of my mind, even though I should be doing my own thing.

Offline ArcanumWolf

• Male
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2009, 12:09:51 am »
I can't really say it's changed me at all.  For the most part, I've noticed the same good and bad things about myself.  I have become more open-minded over the years, but I don't think joining the fandom is what caused that.

Offline Artic Bat

• The Collecter of Artifacts
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2009, 02:19:58 am »
I come out of my shell more thats a big one for me and it seems that i hug people more then 1 every ten thousand years lol. I just feel great and more free.

Offline Ratchet

• The urban fox
  • Male
    • astrofox.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 05:48:00 pm »
I didn't really think that furry has changed me a lot but since i started identifying myself as a furry I've become a bit less introverted and afraid of saying things in case i sound stupid, (well at least on line anyway) still have a bit to go though especially in real life  :-[

I seem to notice animal related stuff more often, not sure why as i have always loved animals, just seem to be more aware of them now.

I also seem to be talking to a lot more people and have started making new friends now, (albeit mainly on line so far) as in the last 5 or so years i have kinda lost contact with the majority of my old friends (various reasons they work in different parts of the country or we fell out or just have nothing in common now)
Is that what the future holds ? Kevlar or cherry wood ? malevolence or good ?
fur code: FCF3adrw A C- D H M- P- R+ T+++ W Z+ Sm+ RLE* a clmu++++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j+ p- sm--

My Live Journal: http://astrovulpine.livejournal.com/

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009, 03:21:26 am »
How has furry changed me?

It's made me realize what i really am, what i should have been born as. it's opened my world to a place and community of caring induviduals who don't care about my scars or what my past holds. i've had some of the best friends that i've had in my life, some of the few friends who i would lay down my life for. i love them all dearly. Furry has also made me realize where i am skilled most artwise, and i've watched my own style and creativity develop over the course of these many years i have been involved. I'd be lost without furry, its literally my life.
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.